Sennheiser Momentum vs. PSB M4U1
Feb 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #31 of 98
Nice impressions. I find the bass in the PSBs very lacking without bass boost, but that could be down to my DACs. What source are you using? The PSBs are definitely capable of beautiful, deep bass though, and it stays very separate from the rest of the music.

Straight from my iphone 5 unamped with no eq, everything is well balanced IMO. Sufficient bass for me on the tracks I tested, and I love bass. I own the new scullcandy crushers, so you would expect me to think they lack bass. They take to the rock eq very well also, and gives nice bass.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #33 of 98
Okay, I'm definitely returning the momentums because of comfort issues. I found out though, that they actually don't sound bad at all, but to wear the as an over ear, they're too far back on my ears. The front of the ear pad rests in that little flab that you push on with you fingers to block out noises. It's very close to the ear pads and the sound doesn't have much of a direct path to my ears this way. I wore them as on ears and they sounded much better, but still weren't comfortable for very long

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #34 of 98
All right! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #36 of 98
I haven't tried the Fiios. The people I trust who use them have E17 and E12, and NwAvGuy gave E5 a favorable review on his blog.

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #38 of 98
I might consider an amp for the psb though. What about the fiio e6 since the psb don't need much amping anway? The bass is weaker than desired on some tracks.

Good choice for keeping the PSB M4U1 :D congrats!

As for amp, I personally prefer something warmer for the PSB. If you wish to have more bass, Look into the DigiZoid or the E07K (you can use this as your DAC as well when using your laptop) or E11 for portable use only

Billson :)

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #39 of 98
Good choice for keeping the PSB M4U1 :D congrats!

As for amp, I personally prefer something warmer for the PSB. If you wish to have more bass, Look into the DigiZoid or the E07K (you can use this as your DAC as well when using your laptop) or E11 for portable use only

Thanks, I'm not sure I really want to invest too much in an amp yet. I know the fiio e6 isn't great, but will it be good enough for a little bass boost? It seems it has a bass boost option where it only boots lower bass and leaves the rest of the eq the same? I could buy the e6 now, or I could wait to get the e11, but I don't know if I'll get there any time soon.

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #40 of 98
The psb already have pretty good bass with the rock eq on my iphone 5, and I think just a tiny bit of help from the fiio e6 will seal the deal with a little extra power. That's what I think, but I don't know much about amps

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #41 of 98

Hey how about this? I don't need a portable amp because I don't take over ear headphones anywhere all that much. An at home one that's reasonably small is good for me. And maybe a cheaper amp for on the go if I'm ever on a plane or in a car

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #42 of 98
Before you get into buying an amp, maybe you should try boosting the bass with EQ? Unless you really feel like the PSB M4U1 is lacking power to feel more lively. The FiiO E6 is a really tiny amp which shouldn't do much with full size IMO. Personally, I am using E07K (similar SQ vs E6 in amp section) which I uses it as DAC only unless I wish to have more warmth and a little bit of power for some of my headphone.

Just get the E12/E17 if you wish to see a clearer upgrade :) the E12/E17 will benefit your future as you do not have to worry no more if you wish to upgrade to something like Beyerdynamic, AKG k7xx. The E12 have very high output power with very low output impedance, it would be a better choice to go for it then you will no longer have to worry about your amp's capability :)

Hope it helps

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #43 of 98
They take the eq well, but require not volume. That's how it is with apple's eq's, they get quieter by default. Anyway, I might consider the E17 further, but for the time, I might see if I get a good find at goodwill for an old stereo. My family has a really old pioneer stereo reciever and ith really improved the sound. I could put one on a shelf in my desk at home. Using the 1/4 adapter, the psb sounded a whole world different partially to better amping, but you can change the eq yourself too without presets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back