Sennheiser Momentum vs. PSB M4U1
Apr 6, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #91 of 98
1) The X3 is a dap and dac. The device as a dap is a powered device as is. Use it the same as you would an iPod or Clip+

The weight was evenly distributed in the PSB and you are correct you couldnt really feel it, however I knew the NAD were lighter.

I kinda bumped the bass a bit with both the PSB and NAD...by the way

Yeah, they're not bassy headphones at all, but they'll do just about whatever you tell them to with eq very well.

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #92 of 98
Hello guys,

I saw this thread , which is just the thing I' m looking for, except for one thing. I'm interested in some info between PSB M4U1 vs Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over the ear.

Thanks and hope I'm not hijacking this thread!
(update: I've started my own thread)

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #93 of 98
Hello guys,

I saw this thread , which is just the thing I' m looking for, except for one thing. I'm interested in some info between PSB M4U1 vs Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over the ear.

Thanks and hope I'm not hijacking this thread!
(update: I've started my own thread)

Curious what you decide on from your thread. I was a bit disappointed to see the momentum 2.0 come out to actually fit over ear after I'm stuck with my decision. I think the psb will still have better clarity, but assuming the momentum 2.0 follows a similar sound signature, they will probably have a favorable sound for genres that benefit from a richer tone. Still satisfied with my PSB, especially after getting the fiio e11k which definitely helps out in the bass department.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #95 of 98
I got the Sennheiser Momentum 2 .
One thing kills me...the lack of treble. Is like listening to music with cloth over the ears...you need to take it off in order to hear the true sound.

Dunno what to say/do. I'm thinking on replacing them with NAD's HP50 or PSB M4U 1... but I need help from those who have/had/heard them side by side, who can clearly describe the difference between them. It's hard to choose just by reading individual reviews.

Any other options, except from the NAD's and PSB? Something in that price range ?

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #97 of 98
Between the two, Momentum is the better-sounding choice. I could hear some slight reverberation in the housing on PSB and the treble was sometimes sharp. But don't get Momentum if you have big ears because the earcups are small. It's otherwise light on the head and comfortable.

I thought that the ear pads on the momentum 2.0 where larger than the original

Users who are viewing this thread

Back