Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Oct 12, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #421 of 3,594
getting in or sitting around... tough call.

edit: managed to find one to test out...barely got my elefantears inside...barely.
now i can understand the quibbles...the cups are smaller than the z1000 for sure.
From a distance, i tot it looks like the uptown..think i will just stick with my uptown... n pretend.
tongue_smile.gif

( soundwise, not bad...but i was mighty impressed by the k550 sidebyside...a knockout imho)

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #423 of 3,594
hello everyone.

I got my Momentum today.  It has great packaging.

I plug into my Alo MK3 -B and Solo.  The sound "WOW"

it has great isolation, Very light.  It covers the ears so little bigger cup than dt1350, Amperior, or M80.

I need to spend more time, let it burn for 40 hours...

But I think this headphone is great buy for portable use. and also different folks different stroke.

Thanks

Oct 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #424 of 3,594
Has anyone compared the Momentum to the JVC HA-S600? The reviews of both seem like they are describing the same headphone.....

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #426 of 3,594
For me they are a perfect fit around my ears, as if they used my head for their measurements 
biggrin.gif
 But even with very big ears the soft leather should provide good comfort and isolation.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #427 of 3,594
Quote:
For me they are a perfect fit around my ears, as if they used my head for their measurements 
biggrin.gif
 But even with very big ears the soft leather should provide good comfort and isolation.

There's another Tokyo Head-Fier who has small ears and where the (my) Momentums would fit perfectly around his ears - true circumaural for him. Kinda cute ears actually :wink:.

Yes I'd agree about the comfort and isolation, even if it sits on my ears.

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #428 of 3,594
Hey guys! My first post here. :p

I am all new to this, and I am kind of a noob when it comes to headphones. All I know is that I looooove my music :) I had a question but it will be simple and I dont need a super long answer :wink:

I want to get some good cans cause my sister broke my skullcandy sk pro's (yea I know, but be at ease, I got them as a gift). So, I was looking for a long time through the internet and the 2 cans i liked were the Senn Hd 598 and the Momentun. I realised they are different sounding cans, and that the prices aren't exactly the same either :rolleyes: I was planing to use these cans for lots of stuff: being on my laptop, listening from my phone, watching movies, taking a walk and so on. I know there are other choices of headphones, but i have to admit that I dont only like these because of their good sound reviews, but also cause they look pretty (BAD me, BAD me!) :D i like to listen to everything from metal, hard rock, electro, hip hop to acid jazz, funk, disco, lounge, reggea, orchestra....so thats why I've been having some issues choosing the rigth cans :p Although - i tend to like a bit faster songs

Well, if you could give me your opinion on these 2, give me some pros and cons or something, or even recomend me some other cans, I'd be greatul. Thx in advance

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #429 of 3,594
Quote:
Hey guys! My first post here.
tongue.gif

I am all new to this, and I am kind of a noob when it comes to headphones. All I know is that I looooove my music
smily_headphones1.gif
I had a question but it will be simple and I dont need a super long answer
wink.gif

I want to get some good cans cause my sister broke my skullcandy sk pro's (yea I know, but be at ease, I got them as a gift). So, I was looking for a long time through the internet and the 2 cans i liked were the Senn Hd 598 and the Momentun. I realised they are different sounding cans, and that the prices aren't exactly the same either
rolleyes.gif
I was planing to use these cans for lots of stuff: being on my laptop, listening from my phone, watching movies, taking a walk and so on. I know there are other choices of headphones, but i have to admit that I dont only like these because of their good sound reviews, but also cause they look pretty (BAD me, BAD me!)
biggrin.gif
i like to listen to everything from metal, hard rock, electro, hip hop to acid jazz, funk, disco, lounge, reggea, orchestra....so thats why I've been having some issues choosing the rigth cans
tongue.gif
Although - i tend to like a bit faster songs
Well, if you could give me your opinion on these 2, give me some pros and cons or something, or even recomend me some other cans, I'd be greatul. Thx in advance

They are a very different type of cans. The HD 598 needs a bit better amplification (but not as much as the HD 6xx series and up), are open so that you can hear the environment and they can hear you, but this also causes the soundstage to be wide which is especially nice for orchestral music in my experience. Very clear mids and highs, but found them lacking on bass a bit.

Momentum is closed so it provides good sound isolation, are smaller, and can be driven by a phone easily. Also a more pronounced bass signature, which I really like with my EDM playing, but ymmv. Nothing too boomy though.

I'd say the HD 598 is more targeted for hooking up to a hi-fi set at home, while for your use cases (phone/on-the-go listening, moving it a lot between devices) the Momentum would be better... but I'd try to get them on your head to make a comparison, everybody's taste is different.

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #430 of 3,594
They are a very different type of cans. The HD 598 needs a bit better amplification (but not as much as the HD 6xx series and up), are open so that you can hear the environment and they can hear you, but this also causes the soundstage to be wide which is especially nice for orchestral music in my experience. Very clear mids and highs, but found them lacking on bass a bit.

Momentum is closed so it provides good sound isolation, are smaller, and can be driven by a phone easily. Also a more pronounced bass signature, which I really like with my EDM playing, but ymmv. Nothing too boomy though.

I'd say the HD 598 is more targeted for hooking up to a hi-fi set at home, while for your use cases (phone/on-the-go listening, moving it a lot between devices) the Momentum would be better... but I'd try to get them on your head to make a comparison, everybody's taste is different.

Thx very much for the response :)

The problem is I live in a very small country in Europe, and i cant just go into a store and try them on. For example: there is literarly ONE store in my ENTIRE city that even sells anything Sennheiser... thats how lame it is around here. Plus the prices will be way more expensive - the hd598 are 250 EUROS here. So the MOMENTUM will probably be around 350 euros probably, but Im willing to spend the money if i get quality :)

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply, I am leaning towards the MOMENTUMs right now.

Oct 14, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #431 of 3,594
Quote:
Thx very much for the response
smily_headphones1.gif

The problem is I live in a very small country in Europe, and i cant just go into a store and try them on. For example: there is literarly ONE store in my ENTIRE city that even sells anything Sennheiser... thats how lame it is around here. Plus the prices will be way more expensive - the hd598 are 250 EUROS here. So the MOMENTUM will probably be around 350 euros probably, but Im willing to spend the money if i get quality
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply, I am leaning towards the MOMENTUMs right now.

Do you like the UE6000? I think is a nice alternative! It has good looks, great comfort and excellent sound quality for $200. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #432 of 3,594
Do you like the UE6000? I think is a nice alternative! It has good looks, great comfort and excellent sound quality for $200. 

They do seem like a very nice choice, and I would consider them for sure if not for the fact that I doubt I can buy them anywhere in my country. I barely founf a place that sells sennheiser, and thats after looking for years around town for music shops. But thank you very much for the idea. If I manage to find them anywhere or ffind a place where I could get them from I will be sure to think about them as an option as well.

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #433 of 3,594
I'm amazed there are actually people who fit these headphones around their ears... in my case its not even close, and I did not consider my ears big. Until now, that is :wink:

A bit more listening on the go and using the DT1350 in between I still like the Beyers sound signature more: the bass is deeper, clearer and just right for me. The Momentums have just a bit too much upper bass for me... still they are so comfortable I'll probably keep them. Selling the M80 though as I both like the Sennheisers sound better and find them to be much more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back