Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Oct 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #437 of 3,594
Quote:
Just wanted to tell you guys that I'm gonna buy them, tomorrow I'm going to order them at the local shop.
Thanx for helping me decide
wink.gif

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

deadhorse.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #438 of 3,594
As relates to the on-ear / over-ear question...

...the Momentum sound best, isolate well and feel most comfortable when they kind of sit on the front of my ears but fully enclose the back. I'm not sure what kind of headphones this would make them, and I'm sure everyone's fit is different, but for my needs in a mobile can they're about perfect.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #439 of 3,594
From that PC Mag review linked earlier:
"and the Bowers & Wilkins P5 (...) have a less obvious focus on the high frequencies than the Momentum does"

What? I don't consider the Momentum focussed in high frequencies at all... Yes, they offer more in that regard than the P5 -- but thats still no "focus".

"The Sennheiser Momentum delivers something very close to the flat response (...)"

Again: What? Nice that they like them, but the description does not match with my impressions...

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #440 of 3,594
Quote:
From that PC Mag review linked earlier:
"and the Bowers & Wilkins P5 (...) have a less obvious focus on the high frequencies than the Momentum does"

What? I don't consider the Momentum focussed in high frequencies at all... Yes, they offer more in that regard than the P5 -- but thats still no "focus".

"The Sennheiser Momentum delivers something very close to the flat response (...)"

Again: What? Nice that they like them, but the description does not match with my impressions...

Agreed.  I don't know that headphone reviews are their forte.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #441 of 3,594
For home use, i think the 598 is a better bet...if i have to pick betw the two.
popcorn.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #442 of 3,594
Anyone know when and if Apple online store will carry the Momentum... I just purchased the Fedelio's L1 and i'm not supe3r impressed by them, think they would work better with an amp and I'm not getting into that **** :) it's a slippery slope, I hear. Any info would help, OR if anyone want's to trade the MOMENTUM for the Fidelio's L1 (Brand new received them yesterday from apple store) hit me up!

Thanks

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #443 of 3,594
Quote:
Anyone know when and if Apple online store will carry the Momentum... I just purchased the Fedelio's L1 and i'm not supe3r impressed by them, think they would work better with an amp and I'm not getting into that **** :) it's a slippery slope, I hear. Any info would help, OR if anyone want's to trade the MOMENTUM for the Fidelio's L1 (Brand new received them yesterday from apple store) hit me up!

Thanks

I agree that amps are a slippery slope (my wallet went down that slope
biggrin.gif
) but it is really worth it, a lot of headphones really benefit a lot from an amp, even 'phones that seem to do fine without an amp start to shine if you use one.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #444 of 3,594
I just want to let you know that I went down to J&R this morning to pick up a pair of Momentums and they were sold out, but the salesperson told me that they should have more on the 23rd of this month.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #448 of 3,594
Wanted to ask you guys did you think black or brown looks better? And has anyone seen them black "in the flesh". Cause I've been searching the net and I see that some momentum look all brown, some all black, and some have black leather on the top, black earcups but brown ear pads... is this just me being color blind or are there actual differences?

The reason i ask is because i ordered them from a local shop and they told me in an email that they were black, but the picture they sent me was a brown pair... they said the manufacturer said they were black but i clearly see brown on the picture they sent me. I preffer brown. I think i saw some that were half black and half brown, and still preffer them to the all black version i saw on the internet. Hope i get the brown ones :/

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #449 of 3,594

This isn't a real photo - I just thought I'd make a black version as I couldn't see black being anything special in my mind. Yet now that I see it, I still prefer brown. It just has more character and class. Black looks too generic and industrial. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #450 of 3,594
Thats the thing. I dont like black too much. If you search google images for black sennheiser momentum you get a few pictures of black ones that arent very complete pictures, so you cant see the entire headphones, but they are clearly black. Also if you search youtube for sennheiser momentum, you can see thwir official commercials where they are brown, but in some ohter videos, like short review of them, they arent as brow, and have some much darker parts, maybe even black.Ill be a bit dissapointed if i get the black ones, if they even truly exist.
And thanks for yoye effort in making the black version.

EDIT:

1.For example, this is the official ad, and you can clearly see the nice brown color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnjjS2Dv_Q

2.This video shows the momentum, but it seems the headband is black/very dark brown, and the ear cups also appear to be darker (it might just be the lighting).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGU1bbrOL4k

3.Black ones here. You can clearly see BLACK on 3:14 of this video. If this isn't black, then its an ultra dark brown color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnD64_PB_x8

Here's a photo of a black pair:
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94|0000246c4|617e_orh400w600_sennheiser-momentum-1.jpg

Just wanted for you guys to see, cause I'm starting to think I'm color blind :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back