Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Jul 22, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #577 of 657
You can install it at any stage :)
Thanks for the response. A follow-up question: Does the app control the Bluetooth function or do the headphones?
Someone on reddit said the headphones were working fine until he connected the app and had problems connecting with Bluetooth when initially the headphones and connection to bluetooth was fine.
Everything I need is working perfectly with the function buttons on the headphones. The only reason I want the app is to play with the equalizer; but not if it's going to mess things up.

Jul 23, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #578 of 657
Thanks for the response. A follow-up question: Does the app control the Bluetooth function or do the headphones?
Someone on reddit said the headphones were working fine until he connected the app and had problems connecting with Bluetooth when initially the headphones and connection to bluetooth was fine.
Everything I need is working perfectly with the function buttons on the headphones. The only reason I want the app is to play with the equalizer; but not if it's going to mess things up.

By default, the headphones control the Bluetooth.
However, once you install the app you also can use that - though you don't NEED to - to control Bluetooth paired devices etc.

Feel free to download it and use the EQ. Should anything go wrong (which I very much doubt), just factory reset the headphones and uninstall the app.

Jul 23, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #579 of 657
However, once you install the app you also can use that - though you don't NEED to - to control Bluetooth paired devices etc.

Feel free to download it and use the EQ. Should anything go wrong (which I very much doubt), just factory reset the headphones and uninstall the app.
Thanks again for the response. I appreciate it. So far I've been playing around with all the features and functions.
I've also been listening to you tube music videos and comparing to my audio technica m40x.
What I found was the momentums had more bass than the m40x but vocals and instruments had a sharper tone on the m40x, whereas on the momentums they were duller and didn't cut through the bass as much as on the m40x.
That's why I was thinking of trying the smart control equalizer, to leave the bass alone and bring up the treble.
I assume when you turn up the treble, it doesn't reduce the bass at the same time.
When I get a chance I'll try the smart control aap equalizer.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #583 of 657
Yes after take off my headphones never connect by bluetooth, flimsy switch in the connector apparently broke and stay press even if the cable is not connected. The manufacturer did not even deign to respond within 3 weeks to my support request.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back