Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #586 of 657
No issues with mine.
If I understand artemuss1990, something broke off inside the headphone jack such that the headphones are now stuck in the mode which keeps them in wired mode , so he can't get the headphones to go back into wireless Bluetooth mode.

Initially I couldn't get the m3's to work in wired mode. All I could get was a low level volume in the right ear up and nothing in the left ear cup.
BUT
I went online and came across someone in AV GUIDE who was having the same problem as I was.
Someone responded to that person and said you have to push the plug into the headphone jack with a lot of force, more than you would think. So I tried pushing the plug in a lot harder than I was; and VOILA, they worked as they should.
So now I have no problem using the m3's with the headphone jack connection. Same with the usbc to usbc cable, it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #587 of 657
If I understand artemuss1990, something broke off inside the headphone jack such that the headphones are now stuck in the mode which keeps them in wired mode , so he can't get the headphones to go back into wireless Bluetooth mode.

Initially I couldn't get the m3's to work in wired mode. All I could get was a low level volume in the right ear up and nothing in the left ear up.
BUT
I went online and came across someone in AV GUIDE who was having the same problem as I was.
Someone responded to that person and said you have to push the plug into the headphone jack with a lot of force, more than you would think. So I tried pushing the plug in a lot harder than I was; and VOILA, they worked as they should.
So now I have no problem using the m3's with the headphone jack connection. Same with the usbc to usbc cable, it works perfectly.

I'm not sure that can be the case, because the USB-C to USB-C wired mode you're mentioning is tied to the Bluetooth mode, not to the "normal" analogue 3.5mm wired mode.

Jul 28, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #588 of 657
I'm not sure that can be the case, because the USB-C to USB-C wired mode you're mentioning is tied to the Bluetooth mode, not to the "normal" analogue 3.5mm wired mode.
You can deactivate the Bluetooth wireless mode then use the usbc to usbc cable.
To do this you fold the headphones up, then press and hold the voice assistant button on the bottom of the headphones.
Keep holding the button in, as you slowly unfold them.
After 4 seconds the wireless Bluetooth mode is deactivated. The voice prompt confirms that the Bluetooth wireless mode is disconnected.

What I'm not sure about is whether the signal coming out of the device's usbc port is analog (that is to say the device's dac has converted the signal to analogue); or if the device sends the digital signal to the headphones and the headphones have an internal dac which converts the signal to analog in the headphones.

When I tried using the usbc cable after deactivating Bluetooth wireless mode, as explained above, it worked, but the volume level was lower than in Bluetooth wireless mode. Not a big problem, it just meant I had to turn the volume level up.
And it did also charge the headphones as I was listening to them.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #589 of 657
You can deactivate the Bluetooth wireless mode then use the usbc to usbc cable.
To do this you fold the headphones up, then press and hold the voice assistant button on the bottom of the headphones.
Keep holding the button in, as you slowly unfold them.
After 4 seconds the wireless Bluetooth mode is deactivated. The voice prompt confirms that the Bluetooth wireless mode is disconnected.

What I'm not sure about is whether the signal coming out of the device's usbc port is analog (that is to say the device's dac has converted the signal to analogue); or if the device sends the digital signal to the headphones and the headphones have an internal dac which converts the signal to analog in the headphones.

When I tried using the usbc cable after deactivating Bluetooth wireless mode, as explained above, it worked, but the volume level was lower than in Bluetooth wireless mode. Not a big problem, it just meant I had to turn the volume level up.
And it did also charge the headphones as I was listening to them.
I did a google search and got an answer to my own question.
Yes when using the usbc cable after disabling wireless Bluetooth mode, the signal coming from the device's usbc port is digital and there is an internal dac in the headphones that converts the signal to analog.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #594 of 657
Ive heard rumours that pre-sale is 9th august and the price in europe will be around 349 euro.I hope that they have good anc and are comfortable.Soundvice ill bet they will be great,after having experience with some sennheiser products lately.Ie 300,ie600,and the mtw3.They all sound really really good 😁 I also had the first momentum with cable,and i remember they where good 😊

Aug 1, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #595 of 657
Ive heard rumours that pre-sale is 9th august and the price in europe will be around 349 euro.I hope that they have good anc and are comfortable.Soundvice ill bet they will be great,after having experience with some sennheiser products lately.Ie 300,ie600,and the mtw3.They all sound really really good 😁 I also had the first momentum with cable,and i remember they where good 😊

I really hated the sound of Momentum 2 Wireless, but I loved that of Momentum 3 (albeit they had plenty other things I didn't like and that were perfect in the M2, which led me to selling them).

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #596 of 657
Yep, a step back in terms of design for sure... they look more like the lower-tier now. I don't care about folding because folding means more joints and more prone to creaking or breaking (see XM3/4). But using that classic yoke design when everybody else is using single contact joint between cup and headband is so last decade...

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #597 of 657
Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #598 of 657
Do we think these might come with the new BT codec specs?

Aug 5, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #600 of 657
Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back