Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Aug 17, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #647 of 657
Does anyone know if the M3 earpads are pleather on the inside edge like on the M2 over ear pads? My M2 are peeling only in this section and I can tell from the grain/lack of that they are not completely made of real leather.

I don't know whether the M3 ones are full leather or not, but I can confidently tell you that between M2 Wireless, M3 Wireless and M4 Wireless, the build quality of the headphones has tremendously gone down.

M2 were excellent in terms of build quality, M3 are much inferior to M2 in that regard, and M4 under build quality perspective are a disaster.

That said, my preferred one in terms of sound is the M3. However, I just couldn't stand its poor build quality coming from the excellently built M2 (of which I absolutely hated the sound though).

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #648 of 657
Hi. I suddenly got some noise from my left ear bud some days ago. Now they are useless. It like a windy, cracking noise 😩 When i turned anc off , it dissapeared. But suddenly it was back. I have tried to factory reset them. But doesnt help. Anyone have a solution?

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #649 of 657
Hi. I suddenly got some noise from my left ear bud some days ago. Now they are useless. It like a windy, cracking noise 😩 When i turned anc off , it dissapeared. But suddenly it was back. I have tried to factory reset them. But doesnt help. Anyone have a solution?

Are you talking about the over head headphones, or the Momentum True Wireless 3?

Aug 23, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #651 of 657
As this is in the wrong threat I will DM you with some tips and we can go from there

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Aug 24, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #652 of 657
I don't know whether the M3 ones are full leather or not, but I can confidently tell you that between M2 Wireless, M3 Wireless and M4 Wireless, the build quality of the headphones has tremendously gone down.

M2 were excellent in terms of build quality, M3 are much inferior to M2 in that regard, and M4 under build quality perspective are a disaster.

That said, my preferred one in terms of sound is the M3. However, I just couldn't stand its poor build quality coming from the excellently built M2 (of which I absolutely hated the sound though).

That is helpful to know, thank you. I already feel the M2 a little too bright for me and if the M3 are brighter and build quality going down as well, well it is such a shame.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #654 of 657
Are you sure about that? M2 Wireless are some of the darkest and warmest sounding headphones I've ever had 😬

Yes they definitely a bit too bright for me. I have over ear M2 AEBT and only use it with ANC on. They do sound completely different without ANC using headphone jack but I'd rather wear my PX100. I only use the M2 for calls and when my neighbours are playing loud music.

Aug 24, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #655 of 657
Yes they definitely a bit too bright for me. I have over ear M2 AEBT and only use it with ANC on. They do sound completely different without ANC using headphone jack but I'd rather wear my PX100. I only use the M2 for calls and when my neighbours are playing loud music.
Yup same, ended up using them just for calls (good mic quality and very comfortable to wear), but because for me they were too warm for music 🤣

Nov 2, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #656 of 657
Since my warranty expired, i "upgraded" the battery.
Zlm3QZkd_o.jpg

4M7fMBK8_o.jpg

cOMxtqBZ_o.jpg

Battery: https://www.soselectronic.com/en/products/eemb/lp103454-pcm-ntc-ld-191887
Externsion cable: https://www.taja-elektronik.de/Micr...de-Buchse-Stecker-16-cm-3-polig-AWG-28-UL1571

This has been running greatly so far (~3 weeks in as of today). The battery lasts about 3-4 times as long as before. The battery indication isn't very precise, but the "recharge headset" warning comes at the right time, so it's fine with me.

No noticable weight difference (its about 20g+)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #657 of 657
Just picked up a pair of these used for $110. For the price paid I am completely satisfied with them. It would be nice to have a power button, and the fit isn't perfect but I can listen for a few hours before they start to feel a little uncomfortable. They sound better wired, there is no doubt about that (there's less grain), but in wireless mode they're more than competent. I did a ton of research on these before making the purchase. It was a lot of work reading through the various forum posts and threads on reddit because a lot buyers purchased them looking for wireless cans with Active Noise Cancellation. I could give a rat's ass about ANC and the only reason I bought them was for the sound quality, period.

I also own a pair of HD25's for DJ'ing that I purchased back around 2002 so I was familiar with what I was getting by purchasing Sennheiser headphones and I am not disappointed.

One poster on reddit complained about the cable sticking out of the headphone near the earpads. I chuckled when I read it and posted this reply:

The reason there's a cable sticking out of the M3 is because Sennheiser designs their headphones to be modular so parts can easily be replaced when needed. Notice I didn't say 'if' needed. Sennheisers are made to last. Parts are going to break down and forcing customers to buy an entirely new product rather than service an existing product by replacing modular parts is par for the course, but not with Sennheiser. They are not planned for obsolesence. If you'd used their Professional gear you would know this.

The hardest thing to replace on the M3's is the battery, and honestly it's easy enough that I could train a monkey to do it. See if Apple or most other vendors offer replacement 'parts' for their headphones. They'll laugh at you and tell you to go 'buy a new pair' while taking your money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back