Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Jun 18, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #542 of 657
After 3 years!...August/September will be an expensive month for me since I'm also supposed to buy the new Meze Open backs D:

I really hope the new Momentum 4's can deliver! Initial keyspecs looks interesting. I just hope the Momentum 4s will support LE audio unlike their newly launched cousin (MTW4).

Old Lyme, CT, June 15, 2022 – The Sennheiser MOMENTUM range continues to redefine the standard for sophisticated listening through superior sound. Now, the upcoming MOMENTUM 4 Wireless over-ear headphones raise the bar even higher, with best-in-class sound, advanced Adaptive Noise Cancellation and an all-new design offering exceptional comfort. The battery life is rated at an outstanding 60 hours.

Story image

Best-in-class sound
The MOMENTUM experience starts with Sennheiser’s Signature Sound that surpasses everything in its class – letting users enjoy music as never before. An audiophile-inspired 42mm transducer system delivers brilliant dynamics, clarity, and musicality for exceptional high-fidelity sound. The angled speakers ensure sound is channeled slightly from the front towards the user’s ears to give a more natural soundstage. Advanced voice pick up provides for optimized calls and easier voice assistant access.

Advanced customization and a new design
MOMENTUM 4 Wireless offers multiple customizations to enable users to adapt the sound to their unique preferences. An all-new lightweight design is optimized for acoustic performance, with deep cushioned earpads to ensure exceptional and long-lasting wearing comfort. The synthetic leather ear pads offer both optimum comfort and high precision in reproducing sound and ANC performance.

Availability
The Sennheiser MOMENTUM 4 Wireless will be available globally from August 2022.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/newsroom/sennheiser-momentum-4-wireless-key-features-revealed-1qe8p4#

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #544 of 657

Attachments

• sennheiser-momentum4-750x430.jpg
    sennheiser-momentum4-750x430.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 0
  • momentum4_1.jpg
    momentum4_1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • momentum-4.jpg
    momentum-4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 0
Jun 26, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #546 of 657
I don’t know, obviously, but I don’t think those “leaked” pictures are real.
Indeed, I have doubts but at the same time it looks plausible. Design very similar to the 450 BT, and its looks clearly lighter and more compact than the M3.

Can't wait to have the official design to be revealed. I have the M3 since one month now, and while I think it's overall a good product, I find the battery life really short and it's too bulky, especially on the width (headband too large for my head...). Also a bit too heavy. The ANC works well most of the time, it's ok for me as I use it mainly in an quiet office.

If Sennheiser fulfills the promises :

- HUGE battery life
- light (we can hope lighter than the M3 of course but also regarding competitors)
- excellent sound quality with different profile included in the app
- better software
- a solid construction even without premium materials like leather or brushed aluminum
- improved ANC

Wait and see and let's hope they can make a product that can beat the XM5 and AirPods Max :)

Jun 27, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #547 of 657
Indeed, I have doubts but at the same time it looks plausible. Design very similar to the 450 BT, and its looks clearly lighter and more compact than the M3.

Can't wait to have the official design to be revealed. I have the M3 since one month now, and while I think it's overall a good product, I find the battery life really short and it's too bulky, especially on the width (headband too large for my head...). Also a bit too heavy. The ANC works well most of the time, it's ok for me as I use it mainly in an quiet office.

If Sennheiser fulfills the promises :

- HUGE battery life
- light (we can hope lighter than the M3 of course but also regarding competitors)
- excellent sound quality with different profile included in the app
- better software
- a solid construction even without premium materials like leather or brushed aluminum
- improved ANC

Wait and see and let's hope they can make a product that can beat the XM5 and AirPods Max :)
I think those "leaked" pictures are just photoshopped pictures of a Parrot Zik 3. That's what they look like to me. :smile:
I agree with you that the design is very similar to the 450 BT. But that is a very common design, really. I doubt Sennheiser would make such design decisions for the next generation of their wireless flagship.
I've had the M3 for over a year and I've compared them to the XM5 (which I bought because the ANC of the M3 sometimes feels insufficient) and I can't justify to hold on to the XM5. I don't enjoy the tuning of the XM5 (and there is no eq setting that could avoid its shortcomings, in my opinion), the M3 beats it at detail and the difference isn't exactly subtle.
I really hope the Momentum 4 keeps the usb dac, too.
After the latest firmware upgrade, I haven't had a single problem with the software in the M3. I really like the app and I think they even improved the noise cancelling.
The XM5 isn't that great, really. When I compared the XM5 to the Jabra Elite 85h (which I bought originally for workout), I thought the noise cancelling of the XM5 was only marginally better than the Jabra's. It's true that the noise floor of the Jabra when noise cancelling is on is higher than the one in the XM5, but you don't notice that when music is playing. And the Jabra sounds much better than the XM5, too, for my taste. The treble in the Jabra is just great. Mind you, I'm treble sensitive, and I love the treble in the Jabra.

Jul 1, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #548 of 657
Thanks for your comparison, very useful. I was also interested by the XM5 when it was launched, but in the end found it a bit too pricy and bulky, and sound quality of the M3 was a big point in its favor. Also read that the M3's ANC was improved over the time thanks to the successive Firmwares. And the "high end sound" tuning brings a more balances sound, maybe less exciting but also less tiring and "boom boom". Wonder what will be the stock sound signature of the M4 : still very bassy or something more balanced but still kicking and a great dynamic. Wait & See in less than two months :)

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #549 of 657
Does anybody know how the battery life tests are done? Are they using a specific codec, at a certain percentage of volume?
I'm only asking because I am in the middle of a battery test with my Momentum 3 and with AAC and 50% of volume (I usually listen to music at a lower volume), they've been on (ANC on) and playing music for 21 hours now. Continuous playing for 21 hours is well over the 17 hours of the M3 specs and 8 hours more than Rtings managed to get out of them.
So I guess the test is run with at least 70% volume (way louder than I'd recommend), I don't know.

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #550 of 657
Does anybody know how the battery life tests are done? Are they using a specific codec, at a certain percentage of volume?
I'm only asking because I am in the middle of a battery test with my Momentum 3 and with AAC and 50% of volume (I usually listen to music at a lower volume), they've been on (ANC on) and playing music for 21 hours now. Continuous playing for 21 hours is well over the 17 hours of the M3 specs and 8 hours more than Rtings managed to get out of them.
So I guess the test is run with at least 70% volume (way louder than I'd recommend), I don't know.
It's possible the battery life on the M3 has been improved since launch through firmware updates... But yeh, they set a criteria for testing, but I've no idea what that is...

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #552 of 657
Two questions:

- Which is your favorite setting? For me it's actually the audiophile mode.
- Is it false to put the TV-Settings on 100 (full volume)? Is it better to take it on 80/100 because there is eventually more distortion on 100/100?

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #553 of 657
I also use the audiophile mode, it's well balanced I would say. At first I felt a slice decrease in the kick and also for the bass, but eventually it's better for extended listening. I like this tuning for various styles of music including rock, electronic music, blues, rap, jazz, reggae, and rarely classical music.

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #554 of 657
After 3 years!...August/September will be an expensive month for me since I'm also supposed to buy the new Meze Open backs D:

I really hope the new Momentum 4's can deliver! Initial keyspecs looks interesting. I just hope the Momentum 4s will support LE audio unlike their newly launched cousin (MTW4).

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/newsroom/sennheiser-momentum-4-wireless-key-features-revealed-1qe8p4#

Specs are promising! I don't like what the glimpse of the new design suggests. I like the retro look the M3 and previous versions have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back