Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 20, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #3,001 of 3,671
  1 I feel is kinda irrelevant because they're really not that big. They're still plenty portable, we're not talking big Audeze cans.

2 I honestly don't know what you mean, the hinges aren't going to create problems.

3 Can't say anything about this, mine are okay?

4 The cable shouldn't make a huge difference, you can always get spares.

5 This is a valid point. Money is a big thing, and if the M2 isn't worth double the price, then that's that. No one can tell you that you "should" spend more. :)

If you're getting corded, yeah get the 1.0 if your 100 euros is that important to you. But if you're talking about wireless, they are amazing and worth every penny.

Actually the wired 2.0 sound even better than the 2.0 Wireless version does when wired. I really did not like the loose bass and rolled off treble of the 1.0 version. I did not recommend the 1.0 and in fact t could not understand their popularity. If you can't afford the wireless 2.0 I would at least get the 2.0 wired version. Comfort is also greatly improved over 1.0. The 2.0 are said to have the same drivers as the 1.0 but they are clear tuned differently. The addition of a deeper earcup also provides a better treble experience and Soundstage.

Just ordered a pair of wired 2.0s.... As i was saying i was about to get a pair of 1.0's for 100 euros but without expecting the black over ear ios wired 2.0s dropped to 159 euros on amazon and i had to buy.... :) I actually wanted the galaxy version in ivory but for the price i think i made a heck of a deal and i am pretty sure the black ones are super cool as well... :wink:

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #3,002 of 3,671
Any way to make sure i got the rev2 as opposed to old rev1 stock from amazon?

Is it normal for me to have to turn the volume up higher on these than on my apple earbuds for the same level of output?

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #3,003 of 3,671
Rev2 says "Rev 2" near the UPC code on the box. See bottom right corner of picture, which is the bottom of the box.

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,004 of 3,671

Just ordered a pair of wired 2.0s.... As i was saying i was about to get a pair of 1.0's for 100 euros but without expecting the black over ear ios wired 2.0s dropped to 159 euros on amazon and i had to buy.... :) I actually wanted the galaxy version in ivory but for the price i think i made a heck of a deal and i am pretty sure the black ones are super cool as well... :wink:

Keep in mind that the description "IOS" and "Android" versions are only in the cable that comes with it (which, of course, are interchangeable). You can get either cable that works on either device. It's really all about Apple having proprietary rights over the button functionality of these cables. But, congrats on getting a good deal. You'll love em'! 
  Any way to make sure i got the rev2 as opposed to old rev1 stock from amazon?

Is it normal for me to have to turn the volume up higher on these than on my apple earbuds for the same level of output?

Yes, it is normal. Apple earbuds are super efficient (meaning they don't  take very much at all to drive them) compared to the M2. (not always, but) Most of the time earbuds, and IEMs are much easier to drive than full sized headphones, because they are made for small devices that may not have as much output power as larger (desktop) sized gear. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #3,005 of 3,671
What changes does the rev1 and rev2 have (or is the rev1 referring to the original Momentums that had the smaller earcup)? I'm wanting to pick up the wired Android version.

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #3,006 of 3,671
What changes does the rev1 and rev2 have (or is the rev1 referring to the original Momentums that had the smaller earcup)? I'm wanting to pick up the wired Android version.

This concern only applies to the wireless version.

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #3,009 of 3,671
I always hated ANC headphones, but I don't even notice it with these. Totally awesome, and I wish it wasn't summer so I could comfortably wear them all day. For now, I'll stick to my JVC FX1100

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3,012 of 3,671
The rev1's have bluetooth connectivity issues especially with ios devices. They fixed it with rev2's.

It was with all devices... Rev 2 is much improved

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #3,014 of 3,671
Awesome. I ordered a pair off Amazon. Should receive them tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just don't use them outdoors in a major metropolitan city.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #3,015 of 3,671
Bought them primarily to use at work and at the gym sometimes. Just wondering, why not use them outdoors in a city? I work in DC, but don't usually walk around while wearing headphones.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back