Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 8, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #2,866 of 3,671
Did you get the manufacturing defect similar to mine here? http://www.head-fi.org/t/749606/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-and-wireless/2700#post_12418910 Though mine is mostly cosmetic, doesn't seem to affect the (overal ****ty) feel.

May 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,867 of 3,671
For some weird reason, when I connect the headphones to my Surface Pro 3 over USB, it sounds tinny. Tried it in both Groove music player and in Chrome and sounded poor. Definitely worse than over Bluetooth or aux. Also, the volume is very low over that mode and the controls don't work (even though the manual says they should). I know it's connected over USB because I disable Bluetooth.

May 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #2,869 of 3,671
Thanks. So any idea how to connect as headphones in Windows 10? I set it as Default Device and set my speakers as Default Communication Device thinking that would ensure it was connected as headphones but that didn't fix the poor sound

May 9, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #2,874 of 3,671
I hope you didn't do that. The original Momentum is better.

That is a really old post. Yes I did do that, I had the faulty Wireless ones, sent them for repair. In the meantime bought the Oppo PM-3, never looked back. Go factory fresh new edition Momentum2 wireless, but they are still in box and I am trying to sell them.

Right now my line up is X2 open, PM3 closed/on-the-go, and I plan to get the Fostex TH-X00 massdrop edition today for semi-open work phones

May 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #2,875 of 3,671
That is a really old post. Yes I did do that, I had the faulty Wireless ones, sent them for repair. In the meantime bought the Oppo PM-3, never looked back. Go factory fresh new edition Momentum2 wireless, but they are still in box and I am trying to sell them.

Right now my line up is X2 open, PM3 closed/on-the-go, and I plan to get the Fostex TH-X00 massdrop edition today for semi-open work phones

that is a terrific line up. Considering PM3 or Audeze Sine myself

May 12, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #2,876 of 3,671
  Did you get the manufacturing defect similar to mine here? http://www.head-fi.org/t/749606/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-and-wireless/2700#post_12418910 Though mine is mostly cosmetic, doesn't seem to affect the (overal ****ty) feel.

It doesn't sound the same to be honest. It was like they had bunched up the material and stitched it incorrectly, meaning one had what appeared to be a normal shape, where as the other one was skewed and therefor didn't sit correctly over the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back