Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Oct 18, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #2,356 of 3,671
  This is a bit of a mess from Sennheisers side, I think.
If the headphones are upgraded but shipped in the old box without a new sticker there MUST be a definitive way to confirm that they have really been upgraded without calling them !!??
What about connecting the headphones via usb to the computer and let the Sennheiser Updater software read the status?
Surely this upgrade must involve a new firmware version?
Just my two cents.....

Given that the headphones were recalled every REV01 headphone being sold at reputable retailers now (not eBay) should be upgraded models. So if you believe Sennheiser's word there should be no need to even bother calling them up. People will always be worried though and there was that stuff up in Sweden (one would hope Sennheiser wouldn't make that mistake twice). Good point regarding the possible upgraded firmware. Can anyone with the new model confirm if that has changed?

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,359 of 3,671
Update on these cans. I've been using them for a little more than a week now. Today I while was walking in Stockholm City, there was "stuttering" noise maybe 10-20 times during my 30 minute walk. Anyone else experiencing this?

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #2,360 of 3,671
Update on these cans. I've been using them for a little more than a week now. Today I while was walking in Stockholm City, there was "stuttering" noise maybe 10-20 times during my 30 minute walk. Anyone else experiencing this?

Where do you keep your phone? I still get some stuttering when I keep my phone in my left inner pocket (with rev02). If I move the phone to my upper right chest pocket, the stuttering goes away, except in some rare cases. If I turn my head right in a problem area, I can get stuttering also.

I never tried relocating the phone when I had the rev01's, but they were more or less unusable in the problem areas. Rev02 is not nearly as bad though they're not perfect.

This is a bit weird, I know, but I'm just reporting the facts :) Apparently the body is blocking the signal quite well, which I think is pretty well known since we largely consist of water. Perhaps an expert in the area can fill in. If the signal becomes weak, I guess it's more suspectible for interference with other radio frequency sources.

Björn

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #2,361 of 3,671
Well I think the Wired M2's are over rated. I just spent $450.00 on these and the muddy base is a bloody joke. I've just done some AB'ing against my M50X's and well they sound better. No sub bass whatsoever. Zilch, Nada.

What the bloody hell is all the fuss about - seriously!!

Very disappointed. Going to lose a bucket load selling these and going to stick with budget priced headphones like the AT.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #2,362 of 3,671
just return and get a another one...although they might be out of stock right now

Well I broke down and did decide to return them. I just didn't want to trust that my labeled rev 1's were the new version-or to trust that swapping out components didn't lead to other problems. I shipped the rev 1 replacement I received back to Sennheiser. They received them last Friday. I called today to see when the replacement rev 2 may be shipped out and I was told f'ing February!! Now I'm f'd and pissed! I first reported these Bluetooth problems all the way back in March and now I will have to wait almost a year before I finally get a working replacement??? That's f'd up!

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #2,363 of 3,671
  Well I think the Wired M2's are over rated. I just spent $450.00 on these and the muddy base is a bloody joke. I've just done some AB'ing against my M50X's and well they sound better. No sub bass whatsoever. Zilch, Nada.

What the bloody hell is all the fuss about - seriously!!

Very disappointed. Going to lose a bucket load selling these and going to stick with budget priced headphones like the AT.

Same here i returned mine but i will definitely buy them again when the price drops on them.. 

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #2,364 of 3,671
  Same here i returned mine but i will definitely buy them again when the price drops on them.. 

Why would you consider buying them again?? I could see value at the original momentum price I suppose. They are beautifully built however but unfortunately for me it's a matter of style over substance.

Just done another A/B with my M50X's and to me they sound better - definitely clearer bass and sub bass. Not that the Momentum has any of the latter. Not sure if it's the more forward mids on the Momentum's I cant get used to or what.

Just saw on the website of the retailer I brought them from (Minidisc Au) that they have a 21 day money back guarantee if your not happy with your purchase so I'm going to put it on them.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,365 of 3,671

Given that the headphones were recalled every REV01 headphone being sold at reputable retailers now (not eBay) should be upgraded models. So if you believe Sennheiser's word there should be no need to even bother calling them up. People will always be worried though and there was that stuff up in Sweden (one would hope Sennheiser wouldn't make that mistake twice). Good point regarding the possible upgraded firmware. Can anyone with the new model confirm if that has changed?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that the REV02 packaged as REV01 are from units that never hit the market/completed assembly. They just fixed the units mid-production and continued building them, using up all the REV01 boxes that were remaining. Maybe you can say "I have one of the first REV02s on the market!'

I agree that not re-printing the boxes to avoid all this confusion is a little silly, but it's 2015; we're supposed to buckle and go on and on about the environment at every given opportunity. Think of the trees, etc.

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #2,366 of 3,671
Ok, received yet more information about this whole thing. Apparently there are rev1's out there that are in fact newly produced models.  They seem to have put an overlay serial number on the box that where you can identify when they were made.  Even though a box may have 20141118REV01 on the lower bar code, above that, the serial number contains information about manufacture date of the device with that serial number.  You can look at the 2nd and 3d digit of the serial number, which supposedly tells you the week of manufacturing, and the 4th digit the year.  So, an M2 wireless with a serial number beginning in 0375 means it was produced in the 37th week of 2015.  The 37th week would be September 7, 2015. 

I have been strongly assured that these are new productions and not previously produced, then upgraded ones.  So, my choice is to accept this and receive one of these from stock, or possibly wait until February for a rev2. 

Take this for all it is worth, that's simply what I've been told. . .

Z

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #2,367 of 3,671

I agree that not re-printing the boxes to avoid all this confusion is a little silly, but it's 2015; we're supposed to buckle and go on and on about the environment at every given opportunity. Think of the trees, etc.

Lol Sennheiser should have used that excuse when asked about it. Might have got a more positive response then they did.
smily_headphones1.gif

Originally Posted by zandian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been strongly assured that these are new productions and not previously produced, then upgraded ones.  So, my choice is to accept this and receive one of these from stock, or possibly wait until February for a rev2. 

Z

They don't really have any reason to lie about it. It does beg the question though what are they doing with all the upgraded models if you (and possibly everyone else) got sent a new REV01? Are those the ones that have been marked REV02?

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #2,368 of 3,671
I just have received the replacement headset from sennheiser usa today after I waited more than three months.

I have already opened the box but I'm actually thinking about selling them. If there is someone who is interested in those headset, please PM me. Those are brand new set and the color is black. (once again the box have been opened)

Thanks.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #2,369 of 3,671
  Ok, received yet more information about this whole thing. Apparently there are rev1's out there that are in fact newly produced models.  They seem to have put an overlay serial number on the box that where you can identify when they were made.  Even though a box may have 20141118REV01 on the lower bar code, above that, the serial number contains information about manufacture date of the device with that serial number.  You can look at the 2nd and 3d digit of the serial number, which supposedly tells you the week of manufacturing, and the 4th digit the year.  So, an M2 wireless with a serial number beginning in 0375 means it was produced in the 37th week of 2015.  The 37th week would be September 7, 2015. 

Z

Update: I just received my new pair of headphones from Sennheiser via UPS, and I also received a box with the 20141118REV01 version. But I do see that the serial number starts with 0375 in comparison to the old one which starts with 0025. I haven't opened the box yet, still waiting for confirmation from Sennheiser themselves about this matter and/or maybe I will try to contact them by phone. Located in the Netherlands.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #2,370 of 3,671
I purchased my Momentum Wireless set several month ago. I knew there was something wonky with the BT connection, but I thought I would use them exclusively indoors so I did not bother to send them in. I changed my mind last week, contacted the support here in Switzerland and got a replacement unit in less than a week. It is also REV01, but has so far absolutely no BT problems anymore (the old ones would cut out as soon as I left the house, the new ones 'survived' a commute through the city without a hitch). I may just be imagining it, but I think the new phones have slightly less clamping force without impacting sound isolation but improving comfort. I am quite happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back