Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Oct 9, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #2,326 of 3,671
My Momentum Wireless came today and the box was a Rev01. I called Sennheiser US and the rep told me mine were made in the 37th week of 2015. 

This is quite interesting. I had horrible Bluetooth issues with the ones I got that was labeled rev 01. The replacement pair was much better (I'm getting back to that in a later post, I need to be more certain about a few things I'm observing, more testing required).

It's totally incomprehensible why they didn't label the boxes correctly. If the first pair I got indeed was the new version as they claimed from start then they never fixed the problem. But then my second pair would be just as bad. I'm confused now.

Btw, how could they tell the manufacturing date? I guess the serial number on the box must be wrong then also (obviously).

Did they update the serial number in their database? Track the shipment?

Björn

Oct 10, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #2,327 of 3,671
This is quite interesting. I had horrible Bluetooth issues with the ones I got that was labeled rev 01. The replacement pair was much better (I'm getting back to that in a later post, I need to be more certain about a few things I'm observing, more testing required).

It's totally incomprehensible why they didn't label the boxes correctly. If the first pair I got indeed was the new version as they claimed from start then they never fixed the problem. But then my second pair would be just as bad. I'm confused now.

Btw, how could they tell the manufacturing date? I guess the serial number on the box must be wrong then also (obviously).

Did they update the serial number in their database? Track the shipment?

Björn

It is my belief (and all conjecture) that they originally wanted to do this as quickly and quietly as possible, but found later that there were just too many that had issues, so went ahead and changed the packaging. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #2,328 of 3,671
See the label on my box. Starts with 2015 and ends with rev02
38de9a97e372344e87f95d3f180e7977.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #2,329 of 3,671
  Walked through Dusseldorf City today. Not a single dropout with rev.02. The sound is a little bit harsh right out of the box, but I guess, the Headphiones need a little period for burning in. Expected a heavy bass, but I cannot confirm this. Bass - for me - has exactly the right amount. Wind is not a real problem. Sometimes wind becomes noticeable, especially, when it is getting directly from the front to the microphones. But this phenomen I had in other headphones with microphone too. Overall I am very glad with my rev.02 Momentum Wireless.

You mention Dusseldorf ... Did you buy them in Germany? I'm looking to by the momentum 2 rev2 in germany, preferebly online. Unfortunately, I can't find any in stock. Some hint, if possible, would be great :)
Edit: i see, i suppose that was a replacement. Well guess I'll just have to still wait then..

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #2,330 of 3,671
I guess, you misunderstood. It was not a replacement. I bought it an cyberport.de online. They had some in stock. But it seems, they are already sold out. Sennheiser told me, that a little amount is available now. Blut I sent it back, because the earpads are a little too narrow for me. I ordered the on-ears at a amazon instead, where a litlte amount has been on stock some days ago. They are labeled as rev01, but I think, only the packaging is old. I have not a single problem with them, no dropouts even in the crowd. The range is much, much better than with my Beoplay H8. Saturn in Düsseldorf had two or three of the on-ears on Stock yesterday, labeled as rev02.

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #2,331 of 3,671
For anyone looking in the UK, I've just received my M2 Wireless from johnlewis.com and I'm pleased to report they are REV02 (20150213REV02). At the time of writing, they are still showing as 'More than 10 in stock' in Black only (Cream are Out Of Stock).

Oct 11, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,333 of 3,671
After two days with rev02 I can confirm that all connection issues have gone. Rocksolid performance so far :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #2,334 of 3,671
And after a week with my rev02 (never tried rev01) I've experienced stuttering almost everyday while walking around in the city of Stockholm. Just a few seconds, but still irritating when it happens. I'm not saying it happens a lot, because it's not. From my experience it happens more when I'm walking in very crowded areas. Just my two cents.

Regarding the noise cancelling, I'm somewhat disappointed. I knew beforehand they would not perform as Bose, but expected more than this.

As strange as it may sound, I actually like these cans anyway. The sound quality is really good. Way better than Bose. But I'm a little worried that I can't live with the stuttering.

I'm not sure I would call it a dropout, what do you mean by dropouts? Do you have to reconnect completely or does it instantly reconnect? Because that's what happens to me, it reconnects immediately.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #2,335 of 3,671
Well, I've had my MO 2.0's wired for 4 days now.

They are definitely not worth the RRP particularly here in AU where I paid $450.00 bloody dollars. My ears just fit in the cups which means my thoughts of buying the gen 1 might have proved a bad idea even though I would have saved $220.00. That's serious money for larger pads. Build quality is excellent however. Would have been nice to get both Apple and Android Cables for this kind of money.

Playing around with eq settings using UAPPro I upped the sub bass by 6db, lowered 125Hz by 6db and 250Hz by 3db as that mid to upper bass boost sounded just a little thumping and boosted too much for me.

Right now they are sounding ok and as I use them more I expect brain burn in will kick in and I will get used to the sound signature.

I was hoping for a headphone that I did not have to eq as my M50X's sound great flat albeit with mids not as good as the MO's.

To sum up I'm of the opinion the NAD HP50's sound better and are $120.00 cheaper. Should never have sold them.
redface.gif

Oh the days when I was happy just listening to my iPhone 3GS with stock buds!!

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #2,336 of 3,671
And after a week with my rev02 (never tried rev01) I've experienced stuttering almost everyday while walking around in the city of Stockholm. Just a few seconds, but still irritating when it happens. I'm not saying it happens a lot, because it's not. From my experience it happens more when I'm walking in very crowded areas. Just my two cents.

Regarding the noise cancelling, I'm somewhat disappointed. I knew beforehand they would not perform as Bose, but expected more than this.

As strange as it may sound, I actually like these cans anyway. The sound quality is really good. Way better than Bose. But I'm a little worried that I can't live with the stuttering.

I'm not sure I would call it a dropout, what do you mean by dropouts? Do you have to reconnect completely or does it instantly reconnect? Because that's what happens to me, it reconnects immediately.

Stuttering mostly, drop outs when it's at its worst (but will restore the connection quickly when disturbance is gone, such as a tram, car etc.)

I still have some issues with the Rev02 also (in Gothenburg). I'm currently trying to investigate this so I don't want to go into it in too much detail until I know more. For a while I thought I was completely alone with the problems but then you came along and describe pretty much the same as I experience. I can reproduce the issues easily since there are places where it always happens.

It doesn't seem to be related to crowded areas in general at all, but to strong electrical fields(?). Trams but also cars and motorcycles. As I wrote in an earlier post, walking around in a crowded shopping center is no problem at all. Only when walking in the streets among traffic.

I have found one way to make it less prevalent, but I don't really get how it can make such a difference. I use to keep my phone in my left inner pocket. Moving it to my right chest pocket (supposedly the bluetooth antenna is in the right ear can then), there is much less stuttering in the affected areas. But it seems strange how about 25 cm can make a difference, considering I can even walk into adjacent rooms from the phone inside my house without any problems at all.

As you are, I'm generally very happy with them so I will keep them. I find the ANC working pretty well, as I expected (I didn't expect them to work like Bose), but I flew with them last week and they performed very well (I actually flied both jets and propeller planes so I'm pretty confident they can handle most flying situations :) )

Björn

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #2,337 of 3,671

Just out of curiosity, what is your "complete" revision number? I know it ends with REV02, but with date and all? If it even is a date. If it says 20150213REV02, it's pretty early so I'm just curious if anyone else has another "date" than that.

Björn

Yes I recall a similar date for the pair I bought at Reference Audio in Stockholm. Interesting to hear that they're all sold out already. I'm glad I ran to Reference Audio on day one and got my pair off the shelf while they still had them.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,338 of 3,671
hello all.
May i ask if it's only the over ear versions that has gotten the new chipl now?
I ordered a couple of over ears, however these got to heavy for my head and caused me headaches. the ones i got was rev02.

so i sent them back and ordered on ears instead. these were smaller and lighter, and they fit better on me.
however, these are rev01, i sent a mail to the seller, and they said they hadnt gotten any new delierances on the on-ear versions. They said the AE versions (with ae im assuming they mean over ear) got new chips now in october. 

bu wasnt both versions supposed to get upgraded?
complete rev nr is 20141222REV01

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #2,339 of 3,671
  bu wasnt both versions supposed to get upgraded?
complete rev nr is 20141222REV01

AE means around ear so yes the over ear model. I don't think the on ear model was actually ever recalled or had anywhere near same amount of complaints. If it was upgraded they will probably still sell the old ones out first if there weren't really any issues with them.

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #2,340 of 3,671
I've been using my On-Ear Wireless Momentums quite well with both my iPhone and iPad however, my Macbook Pro 2011 was horrid, I couldn't move more than 20cm away from it, the signal was always around -75dbm. Then I realised that any Bluetooth periphery wouldn't work reliably, not just the headphones. I had the DVD drive taken out and replaced it with a HDD; that spot messes with the Bluetooth and Wifi aerials. I decided to change the chip in my Macbook for a 2012 one (supports Bluetooth 4.0 and Handoff and Continuity), and when I installed I was sure to isolate it and the aerials connections quite well. The headphones now work flawlessly. I don't now if the original chip was crap, or if was a question of interference, but the fact is that it's really good now (like it was on the iPhone and iPad)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back