Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Oct 6, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #2,296 of 3,671

I don't think that was a problem before and it doesn't seem anything has changed in that regard.

You may not have experienced that but wind (for example a train with open windows) or sudden movements (a bus shaking) would produce extremely loud noise, probably technical issues with NC

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #2,297 of 3,671
I've never experienced that myself, just read about it. I've used it on all kinds of transportation, from bikes to planes.

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #2,298 of 3,671
Walked through Dusseldorf City today. Not a single dropout with rev.02. The sound is a little bit harsh right out of the box, but I guess, the Headphiones need a little period for burning in. Expected a heavy bass, but I cannot confirm this. Bass - for me - has exactly the right amount. Wind is not a real problem. Sometimes wind becomes noticeable, especially, when it is getting directly from the front to the microphones. But this phenomen I had in other headphones with microphone too. Overall I am very glad with my rev.02 Momentum Wireless.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #2,299 of 3,671
  Managed to get a rev 02 while my rev 01 will go for RMA. Didn't experience any dropouts so far, deliberately went to a few spots outside that consistently had dropouts before, e.g. tram lines.

Just out of curiosity, what is your "complete" revision number? I know it ends with REV02, but with date and all? If it even is a date. If it says 20150213REV02, it's pretty early so I'm just curious if anyone else has another "date" than that.

Björn

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #2,300 of 3,671

Just out of curiosity, what is your "complete" revision number? I know it ends with REV02, but with date and all? If it even is a date. If it says 20150213REV02, it's pretty early so I'm just curious if anyone else has another "date" than that.

Björn

20150213REV02 as well.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #2,302 of 3,671
Ok, I was assured by Sennheiser that even though mine says rev 1 all units were upgraded with the new board and the software updated. They said that they reused packaging, but all units were halted when this problem arose and all were upgraded. I was told I should be particularly assured if it came straight from Sennheiser. I asked if there was some way to tell that, although packaging was reused, I and Sennheiser know it is one that was upgraded. They said no. The rep sounded pretty confident and believable, but it still makes me nervous. I guess I'll just have to try it and see. I'll report anything unusual.

Z

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #2,303 of 3,671
Ok, I was assured by Sennheiser that even though mine says rev 1 all units were upgraded with the new board and the software updated. They said that they reused packaging, but all units were halted when this problem arose and all were upgraded. I was told I should be particularly assured if it came straight from Sennheiser. I asked if there was some way to tell that, although packaging was reused, I and Sennheiser know it is one that was upgraded. They said no. The rep sounded pretty confident and believable, but it still makes me nervous. I guess I'll just have to try it and see. I'll report anything unusual.

Z

For them to be this adamant while telling a bald-faced lie would be PR suicide.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #2,305 of 3,671

For them to be this adamant while telling a bald-faced lie would be PR suicide.

Yeah, I tend to be extremely suspicious of customer support people these days.  I've had so many frustrating experiences when I've been told one thing and it turned out not to be true.  That said, my reaction to this call was that this person knew the problem intimately and he was very sure in his response.  I didn't ask him, but I'm guessing he may have actually been the product manager for the product. 

I've been dealing with this problem since March, so I'd be extremely frustrated if I continue to have problems, but they've been pretty fair to me in their dealings with me so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, but I'll maintain my skepticism until proven otherwise.

I just don't feel like fighting the RMA fight all over again, but we will see.

Z

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #2,306 of 3,671

Z

just return and get a another one...although they might be out of stock right now

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #2,307 of 3,671
  There's no way that I'd trust that to be true. Especially when someone else in the thread got an apology and compensation from Sennheiser when he received one with Rev01 on the packaging. 

I'd like to emphasize that I had severe issues with the bluetooth connection on that pair. I don't hold it for entirely impossible that Sennheiser is telling the truth, but mine happened to actually be the old version because of some mix up. But I'd be very suspicious: test them. If there are issues, you will notice it, I promise.

Either way, it's plain stupid to reuse boxes if that is really so. They could at least put a sticker on it, how hard would that be.

Björn

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #2,308 of 3,671
I'd like to emphasize that I had severe issues with the bluetooth connection on that pair. I don't hold it for entirely impossible that Sennheiser is telling the truth, but mine happened to actually be the old version because of some mix up. But I'd be very suspicious: test them. If there are issues, you will notice it, I promise.

Either way, it's plain stupid to reuse boxes if that is really so. They could at least put a sticker on it, how hard would that be.

Björn

Yeah, the original issues I had were pretty evident. I've been working on recreating the issues and so far so good (playing Deezer wirelessly through my desktop PC; bumping and twisting the cans, wiring, etc; various movements outside while phone in my pocket). Haven't had a chance to test in a crowded place though.

And I told them as well that it seems like it would be a tracking and troubleshooting nightmare to not label the fixed ones in some way. For what it's worth he indicated that they decided to reuse packing rather than wait for new packing to be produced in order to get the raised units out as soon as possible.

Z

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2,309 of 3,671
Can't wait to get my new set. I know exactly where the problem areas were along my commute, so I'll be able to offer a definitive view once I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back