Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Oct 2, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #2,266 of 3,671
it is possible for you to upload the pictures of "where i can find Revision 02 dated 2015 on the box ?"
then i can pay attention to that and not buying the older version
really appreciate for your information and your help !
old post.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #2,267 of 3,671
it is possible for you to upload the pictures of "where i can find Revision 02 dated 2015 on the box ?"
then i can pay attention to that and not buying the older version
really appreciate for your information and your help !

old post

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #2,268 of 3,671
@bjornand Great to hear it was a most likely a mistake then. Curious to know why Sennheiser Sweden seemed to get the old model and the new model delivered together. Looking forward to hearing how it performs once you get the new version since you know exactly where to go experience bluetooth issues.

@WillB Do let us know how it performs!

old post

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #2,269 of 3,671
It's very strange that the qr code on the box links to a U.S. store called brookstone. Still nothing on sennheiser website and not sure about shops selling them as they might be older models. Will call and have a look tomorrow

@WillB sorry slightly off topic but I was also looking at the Nad because of the supposed room feel effect. Is this apparent meaning is there a noticeable difference between the Nad and the M2's. Thank!

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #2,270 of 3,671
Got a shipping notification from UPS that I have a package coming from Sennheiser next week. Have not received any other communication from them since the paper letter indicating they would send the loaner headset (and the loaner headset itself). Hopefully it's the rev2 Momentum Wireless.

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #2,271 of 3,671
It's very strange that the qr code on the box links to a U.S. store called brookstone. Still nothing on sennheiser website and not sure about shops selling them as they might be older models. Will call and have a look tomorrow

@WillB sorry slightly off topic but I was also looking at the Nad because of the supposed room feel effect. Is this apparent meaning is there a noticeable difference between the Nad and the M2's. Thank!

I have to be honest and say that it may be a very subjective experience and a bit of a placebo effect - you're expecting it to work so it does. The M2's (wired) and the HP50's are in the same category and price range and I found similarity in them sound wise. But yes I think the HP50's do sound more open than the Momentums. And I love the ear cup comfort and passive sound isolation of the HP50's. The wide arc of the headband is a drawback if you intend to be on the street with them, if you care about such things. I really spoiled myself by getting two sets of cans that are so similar. For me it was a matter of how I intend to use them. M2 AEBT for commuting and travel and the HP50's for indoor music and videos on my tablet or laptop when I don't want to disturb my better half. The passive sound isolation of the HP50's goes both ways. So herein lies my preference: The NAD's win but I don't want to commute with them as they lack the other features of the M2 AEBT.

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #2,272 of 3,671
If anyone finds them at any online shops.. please share your source. I would really like to get these wrapped around my head for a test drive. My mm-550x have finally bit the dust and my mm-450's have all of the faux leather falling off so I am in dire need of a replacement. Thanks!

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #2,273 of 3,671
Just got mine in today and it is 2015 Rev 02 on the back i bought from amazon uk...Going to give in a test drive soon ...i will compare it to my M1 which i still like maybe the bluetooth will justify my purchase 

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #2,274 of 3,671
Thanks for the quick insight Will. I think there's a shop in London that might have both in so will go for a quick listen. Already tried the M2's wired and quite like them . Just intrigued about the room feel effect

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #2,275 of 3,671
Had a good listen to my to the new M2 wireless and they sound fantastic very good bluetooth range very quick connection.....great looking as well apart from the cheap looking cable used.But i have to send it back, for me its quite expensive to justify purchasing it i will buy it again in 6 months or so when the price reduces.
If you have the money i recommend them wholeheartedly they are fantastic!! Not one bluetooth stutter for me moving out and about ..  

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #2,276 of 3,671
Do you think they have done anything to the ANC in the rev 02? I have the rev 01 now and it's decent but I experience some strange "popping" sounds sometimes as if the ANC can't keep up with the outside noise.

I'm guessing the design of the headphones are the same so the passive isolation and build quality hasn't changed from rev 01 to 02.

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #2,277 of 3,671
Do you think they have done anything to the ANC in the rev 02? I have the rev 01 now and it's decent but I experience some strange "popping" sounds sometimes as if the ANC can't keep up with the outside noise.

I'm guessing the design of the headphones are the same so the passive isolation and build quality hasn't changed from rev 01 to 02.

They wouldn't have done anything to specifically alter the ANC performance I would imagine but if the ANC popping was related to or happened at the same time as the bluetooth dropouts they might be gone now as well.

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #2,280 of 3,671
Hi!

I've spoken to Sennheiser in Sweden now (they were contacting me this time) regarding the REV01s I received.

They have identified six items of the wrong kind and they all went to the store where I picked up mine. Sennheiser Sweden doesn't send directly to the store, but everything is shipped from Germany,

Apparently this was the first store that received them in Sweden and they believe something went wrong with this particular batch since this store for some reason received them one day before everyone else (and everyone else has the correct revision).

From what I understand, Sennheiser is putting a great effort into figuring out want went wrong and according to the guy I spoke to, this clearly should never have happened.

Secondly, and I emphasize this, Sennheiser has been very responsive as soon as they realized there really was an issue (first to my re-seller last week and now directly to me) and they have offered me a very fair compensation for my troubles.

I won't go into details about what exactly they have done (not that they have restricted me in any way) but they have really went above and beyond to make me a happy customer again (and they have succeeded with the task!).

So I will receive my replacements hopefully already this week and my old ones will go into analysis as he said. Apparently they want to make certain they really had the correct package, that there are no other issues with them etc.

Björn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back