Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Oct 23, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #2,371 of 3,671
Received my REV02 replacement set this Monday and been breaking them in over the last few days. First of all, I have to say how impressed I was with how quickly my exchange was settled by Sennheiser UK. I've basically been monitoring this forum to make sure they had stock before sending them in, so I sent my headphones in last Wednesday, they received them on Thursday and dispatched my replacement on Friday.

As for the new headphones themselves, I'd say they're noticeably better but still not flawless. Basically, with my old set, the BT issues were most pronounced in very open outdoor situations (ie. a large plaza, walking next to a field, etc.) and I would have to carry my phone in my right jacket pocket in order to maintain a usable connection. With the new set, I can have similar performance (mostly good but with occasional stuttering) but in my left jeans pocket instead.

As for the ANC popping disturbance, it's again not perfect, but it definitely feels reduced on the same bus routes and bumpy UK roads I used my previous set on, to the point where it's now tolerable.

While I'm a little disappointed that the Bluetooth is still not perfect even after this whole hardware revision debacle, I've been keeping an eye on reviews of competing high-end BT headphones (B&O H8, H7, B&W P5) and I believe the technology in general is simply not where it needs to be to make connections flawless in all situations.

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #2,372 of 3,671
Received my REV02 replacement set this Monday and been breaking them in over the last few days. First of all, I have to say how impressed I was with how quickly my exchange was settled by Sennheiser UK. I've basically been monitoring this forum to make sure they had stock before sending them in, so I sent my headphones in last Wednesday, they received them on Thursday and dispatched my replacement on Friday.

As for the new headphones themselves, I'd say they're noticeably better but still not flawless. Basically, with my old set, the BT issues were most pronounced in very open outdoor situations (ie. a large plaza, walking next to a field, etc.) and I would have to carry my phone in my right jacket pocket in order to maintain a usable connection. With the new set, I can have similar performance (mostly good but with occasional stuttering) but in my left jeans pocket instead.

As for the ANC popping disturbance, it's again not perfect, but it definitely feels reduced on the same bus routes and bumpy UK roads I used my previous set on, to the point where it's now tolerable.

While I'm a little disappointed that the Bluetooth is still not perfect even after this whole hardware revision debacle, I've been keeping an eye on reviews of competing high-end BT headphones (B&O H8, H7, B&W P5) and I believe the technology in general is simply not where it needs to be to make connections flawless in all situations.

My Sony 1abt works flawlessly with Bluetooth. You know I was going to buy a M2 Wireless but this debacle which is all Sennheisers fault has put me off. Not sure I'll buy Sennheiser again period. Just really unprofessional.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #2,373 of 3,671
Mac OS + Momentum Wireless...

Upgrading to OS X El Capitan fixed the bluetooth stuttering problem for me, but now, my headphones almost never connect using the aptx codec; they now almost always use the SBC codec. Choosing "Force use of aptx" in the Audio Options window of Bluetooth Explorer doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any helpful ideas? OS X Yosemite almost always used aptx, and it was great, except for the stuttering introduced about 6 months ago.

This is frustrating, as I waited patiently for 6 months for the stuttering problem to be fixed. Now that the stuttering is fixed, I can't seem to connect using aptx.

Later edit: If I turn the Mac's bluetooth off, then on, then it connects using aptx (yay), but only until I turn off the MW. Next time I turn on the MW, the connection uses SBC again, rather than aptx.

Later later edit: I can also get aptx to work if I disconnect the MW's bluetooth connection in the Mac's bluetooth menu, then re-connect using the Mac's bluetooth menu. But again, any time I turn off the MW, and turn the MW on again, it uses SBC.

Seems like as the MW starts up, and automatically connects to the Mac, the Mac doesn't recognize the MW as an aptx device. However, if I leave the MW on, and toggle the Mac's bluetooth or MW connection off, then on, then it does recognize it as an aptx device. Seems like a bug in Mac OS El Capitan to me; El Capitan is apparently not able to recognize aptx capability of a bluetooth device, as that device starts up and (automatically) connects to the Mac.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #2,374 of 3,671
My Senn rep says stock will arrive mid-November. I wish the deadline didn't move those few weeks but I can't complain about the customer service; I get direct responses in less than 24h.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #2,375 of 3,671
Got my RMA back, strangely enough it's a REV01. If it's true what zandian said in an earlier post, this RMA REV01 is from the same year/week as my store bought REV02, since both have a serial number starting with 0375.

I'm starting to think the REV01/REV02 is referring to the version of the packaging and not the actual headphone. My REV01 packaging has two stickers with some text on it, where the REV02 has the same info but it's printed directly on the box. There's a sticker in the technical data part on the back where the impedance for active and passive mode is listed. And there's a sticker left of the barcode with FCC and other regulator icons.

It has the exact same dropouts as the unit I RMA-ed. Went on two identical walks. First with the REV01 received through RMA, second with the store-bought REV02. With the REV01: horrible dropouts in the exact same places as the unit I sent back. With the REV02: no issues at all.

Oct 26, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,376 of 3,671
Kanarie,

So does that mean that your newly replaced headphones with REV01 on the box still had the same problems as your original headphones had, even though it has the new 0375 as serial number? Your wording is a little bit confusing, it seems like you returned the replaced headphones with REV01 on the box and eventually received a REV02 boxed version later on again.

Oct 26, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #2,377 of 3,671
  Kanarie,

So does that mean that your newly replaced headphones with REV01 on the box still had the same problems as your original headphones had, even though it has the new 0375 as serial number? Your wording is a little bit confusing, it seems like you returned the replaced headphones with REV01 on the box and eventually received a REV02 boxed version later on again.

Yes, the newly replaced headphones, with REV01 on the box, have the same problems as the REV01 I sent in for repair. The new REV01 has a serial number starting with 0375.

The REV02 I bought seperately and are perfect as far as I know. These also have a serial number starting with 0375.

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #2,378 of 3,671

Yes, the newly replaced headphones, with REV01 on the box, have the same problems as the REV01 I sent in for repair. The new REV01 has a serial number starting with 0375.

The REV02 I bought seperately and are perfect as far as I know. These also have a serial number starting with 0375.

Thanks for the quick reply & heads-up! That means that I'm sending back the still sealed REV01 on the box replacement headphones I received from Senheiser Benelux. Haven't heard back from my contact person per mail just yet.

I see you're from NL as well, may I ask why Sennheiser didn't supply you with a REV02 box straight away? Wondering which store has sent you a newly revised REV02 headphones.

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #2,379 of 3,671
I just received a REV02 from Amazon.ca today. Straight out of the box, I’m experiencing a bunch of Bluetooth issues with stuttering and broken audio.

The bluetooth issues seem to be especially prevalent when the headphones are connected to two devices at the same time.

Disappointingly, I think I will be sending these back to Amazon. It’s clear Sennheiser haven’t resolved the Bluetooth issues; I’ll look forward to REV03 instead.

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,380 of 3,671

Thanks for the quick reply & heads-up! That means that I'm sending back the still sealed REV01 on the box replacement headphones I received from Senheiser Benelux. Haven't heard back from my contact person per mail just yet.

I see you're from NL as well, may I ask why Sennheiser didn't supply you with a REV02 box straight away? Wondering which store has sent you a newly revised REV02 headphones.

No idea why Sennheiser sent me another REV01, will be calling them tomorrow for another RMA. The REV02 was ordered at Coolblue, but looks like they're sold out again.

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #2,381 of 3,671
Man, if some of/all of the Rev01 375's still have the same issues, Sennheiser sure know how to screw this stuff up even further than the ambigious recall...

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #2,382 of 3,671
Man, if some of/all of the Rev01 375's still have the same issues, Sennheiser sure know how to screw this stuff up even further than the ambigious recall...

It's not just the new REV01 that seems to be having issues it seems. @lawrence1 seems to be having issues with his REV02 as well, and I saw a similar complaint of REV02 not fixing things elsewhere too. Either way if there are uncertainties with any of the new models it's honestly looking worse then it did before. Perhaps there was more things wrong than what they fixed...

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #2,383 of 3,671

No idea why Sennheiser sent me another REV01, will be calling them tomorrow for another RMA. The REV02 was ordered at Coolblue, but looks like they're sold out again.

It's getting a little bit off topic, but I'm curious to the contact person you currently have at Sennheiser Benelux with regards to your RMA. Using the normal phone number for the customer service results in lots of forwarding to different people who doesn't seem to know anything about this matter. Maybe we could discuss this further in a private message. It seems I should simply return the REV01 while they are still sealed up in the box and go straight for a REV02 (and hope for the best).

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,384 of 3,671

It's getting a little bit off topic, but I'm curious to the contact person you currently have at Sennheiser Benelux with regards to your RMA. Using the normal phone number for the customer service results in lots of forwarding to different people who doesn't seem to know anything about this matter. Maybe we could discuss this further in a private message. It seems I should simply return the REV01 while they are still sealed up in the box and go straight for a REV02 (and hope for the best).

I don't have one, I used the online RMA form, sent it in and got a new, sealed REV01 in the post today.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #2,385 of 3,671
Called Sennheiser and explained the unit I received from RMA had the same problems as my original one. They asked me to tell them the code below the barcode, that's the 20141118REV01 / 20150213REV02 code. Told them I had received a 20141118REV01 through RMA. Sennheiser employee told me I should have received a 20150213REV02, so it's going back to be swapped out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back