Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 20, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #586 of 3,671
Is that before or after tax?

Typically, "shipped" means that it is the total price. I did not get taxed in Ohio, so it was $425 for me, total.

You can go to their website and just add a product to cart and partially check out to see if u will be taxed. That or just call.

The company is based in Portland, Oregon. Per the sales rep, the M2s are coming from their warehouse in Charlotte, NC.

Hope that helps.

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #587 of 3,671
I am selling my Fostex TH600 and CEntrance HiFi-m8 and going to the M2 wireless in the name of convenience and budget cuts. I hope for my sake that all this time ive just been snobby, and in fact I hope I cant tell the difference between that $1k+ setup and these m2s.

The M2's sound very nice. I might get a set, to replace my ATH 50x cans. I love my Alpha Prime's, but I need a set of good sounding portable headphones. My portable rig consisted of of kindle Fire HDX tablet and Fiio E12 portable amp. I am very happy with this set up, so far.

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #590 of 3,671
Then why have the option available hahha

+1 well said, why offer wireless/ Bluetooth headphone audio if you do not support it. I will now just get the regular M2.

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #591 of 3,671
 - people are trying to play uber high resolution files with a device that has only a class 2 BT transmitter and no apt-x support (e.g.: iPhone 6)

Class 2 BT is more than enough for aptX. My Sony NWZ-A15 uses Bluetooth 2.1 and aptX and has no problems with flacs , wavs or other stuff. AptX uses only max.  384kbit/s, Bluetooth 2.1 offers up tp 3Mbit with Enhanced Data Rate.

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #592 of 3,671
  Class 2 BT is more than enough for aptX. My Sony NWZ-A15 uses Bluetooth 2.1 and aptX and has no problems with flacs , wavs or other stuff. AptX uses only max.  384kbit/s, Bluetooth 2.1 offers up tp 3Mbit with Enhanced Data Rate.

I never said a class 1 transmitter was a requirement for apt-x. Most consumer electronic transmitters are class 2 anyway.

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #593 of 3,671
Hi guys,

I am very interested in buying the momentum wireless as a gift for my girlfriend, and I really like to have some more feedbacks about the headphones from you guys because, well you know, there is not many impressions or direct comparisons around here yet.

So I have one question and I hope I can find my answer here:

Does the ergonomic aspect of the new momentum differ from the older version? More specifically, from a stylish perspective, does it makes you look kinda dorky when wearing (no offence)?

Well, in my opinion, if the headphones do not stick out too much on the sides of your head, like the old Momentum or HD25/Amperior line, they would look pretty good on your head.
On the other hand, if the headphones' headbands extended too much, like the Focal spirit classic, Nad Viso hp50, I think these headphones looks less stylish even though they do sound amazing.
I don't usually care about how headphones look as long as they sound good, but this time I am buying a pair for my girlfriend and I am really afraid she might not like it because of how it looks.  

I am asking this question because I saw a review video on youtube (well not sure if it has been posted here yet so I'll put the link down anyway): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBpXagnsLJ8

The lady in this video wears the momentum wireless at 6:57 and from what I can see, it looks like momentum wireless's headband is longer due to the folding/hinge mechanism and the ear pads look thicker which ultimately make the headphones looks bigger on the head and leaves bigger gaps on both sides of the head(just like the Nad Viso hp50 when worn). 

Still, I am not sure if it is because of the angle of the video or just the way it actually looks. Hope some of you guys can give me more advise :)
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #595 of 3,671
Class 2 BT is more than enough for aptX. My Sony NWZ-A15 uses Bluetooth 2.1 and aptX and has no problems with flacs , wavs or other stuff. AptX uses only max. [COLOR=252525] 384kbit/s, Bluetooth 2.1 offers up tp 3Mbit with Enhanced Data Rate.[/COLOR]

AFAIK the class difference is in signal strength, not in bandwidth. Seeing many people lose the signal, it seems to me a class 1 source like the Z3 would help such issues, seeing it's up to 40 times the strength of class 2.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #596 of 3,671
I have the m2 on my short list for my next hp and have a few questions:

1. Can the m2 be amped well from a clip zip or my phone (htc m8)?

2. I love Sennheiser hp's especially the hd650. For me it's about the wonderful mid-range/vocals and non fatiguing signature. How does the m2 stack up against a hp like the hd650?

3. Is there any place offering a discount on the m2? Seem like $350 is the going rate on Amazon. 

thanks...

Matt

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #597 of 3,671
Haven't tried the M2s yet but the bluetooth issues here are giving me some pause on the wireless version.

If I remember correctly, class 1 bluetooth has 10x the range (100m) of higher classes but uses 5x to 40x more power (no way the M2s would have 22hrs batt life with class 1). Also, I believe, both devices would need to be class 1 to work over that distance.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #598 of 3,671
  I have the m2 on my short list for my next hp and have a few questions:

1. Can the m2 be amped well from a clip zip or my phone (htc m8)?

2. I love Sennheiser hp's especially the hd650. For me it's about the wonderful mid-range/vocals and non fatiguing signature. How does the m2 stack up against a hp like the hd650?

3. Is there any place offering a discount on the m2? Seem like $350 is the going rate on Amazon. 

thanks...

Matt

I have only the wired version....my MotoX and Tidal sound great plenty of volume. And from what I hear the HTC is better at sound than the Moto X

It is my portable hp of choice at the moment. Similarities are there in the mids from the original Momentum. The bass is not near as loose and doesn't linger like before and the treble is right on. The soundstage is greatly improved. I feel the deep earpads and the treble extension create a improved soundstage and imaging.

I paid 349.99....I haven't seen them discounted

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #599 of 3,671
  Haven't tried the M2s yet but the bluetooth issues here are giving me some pause on the wireless version.

If I remember correctly, class 1 bluetooth has 10x the range (100m) of higher classes but uses 5x to 40x more power (no way the M2s would have 22hrs batt life with class 1). Also, I believe, both devices would need to be class 1 to work over that distance.

Well, one would think the bulk of energy consumption related to transmission power is on the transceiver side, i.e. the source. According to the Bluetooth wiki, the increase in range from higher sensitivity of the receiving class 1 end is minimal.
And btw, the M2's are rated as class 1.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #600 of 3,671
  I wonder if this BT issue is related to the particular software being used to playback media. Now, I am not saying that it HAS to be, but bear with me on my findings for this. 

I am using the Galaxy Note 3. I have found that I have 0 issues when using the stock player (w/Adapt Sound on). It is only when I switch to using Mediamonkey that I find I have some drop out issues. I am assuming that it is not JUST the app at play here, because I don't have those same issues (media dropping, skipping, etc...), when I have my HP wired. It is only when I am in BT mode that I start seeing those drop-outs that everyone else (up until now) have been experiencing. I went back to using stock Samsung player, and again, no drop-outs of any kind. I use this in my house, outside working around the house, and/or in my car, driving 3 (ish) hours a day. I will try another player next. Let's say Google Play Music app. I will try both modes (play only music on device, and streaming). I would really like to get to the bottom of this, but I really don't want to think it is the HP hardware (not that it is NOT possible). I do wish I had a way to eliminate the hardware on the HP. Even though I am not really having this problem, I hate to see others having such difficulties on such a premium set of headphones.

Edit: I forgot to mention that during this whole thing, I also have my Gear 2 connected at all times with my phone via BT.... And, I listen to a combination of flac, ogg, and mp3..... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back