Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 5, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #181 of 3,671
They've just tuned up. Excited dance.. 
gs1000.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #182 of 3,671
Don't think so. One power button - for bluetooth and ANC.

Yeah I haven't looked at the price difference but I was looking for ANC headphones in the first place, which is how I've arrived at these.

I'd say wireless is the way to go. Whether it's worth the extra if you're not interested in ANC not sure, perhaps not.

But ANC is awesome I think.

The momentum wireless is an awesome all in one pair of headphones.

Wired is just a good pair of headphones.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #183 of 3,671
First impression on the build, are fantastic. The leather on the ear cups are so soft. Also really like the contrast of the yellow stitching across the headband.  

They feel and look like a £380 pair of headphones. On charge at the moment. There's no button to turn off the ANC.

Really pleased. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #184 of 3,671
Aye

Feel like a lucky beggar, they delivered them special delivery for me too. So arrived an hour ago - less than 24 hours after ordered.

First impressions are it's a real luxury product.

Box and presentation is a thing of beauty, padding and care everywhere.

Ear cups are super soft - memory foam - push them in and they really give and then you see them return.

The space for your ears looks tiny! Wondered how my ears would fit in but they seem to.

The head band is a bit hard - not like the super lightweight and soft QC25, but can take weight around ears instead.

Black looks very nice. Originally was going to get ivory - to get the nice brown leather, but then wasn't sure about the white/cream - too light.

Saw some videos of the black ones looking more slate/charcoal which swayed me.
That's how they look. The cups are a nice metallic gunmetal, very nice.

Will update on ANC etc. later.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #187 of 3,671
Hi guys, would like to know if you can still answer a call even if the wire is attached with the headphones on.? I believe that connecting the wire will block the BTs. Noob question sorry..

Still not sure if i should get the wired or the wireless. Wished that the sq from wireless vs wired is the same. This will be my first ever headphones coming from a earbuds which cost like 20$. 1st venture to the hedphones world. :p loved the community here at head fi. Just signed up today after reading this whole thread.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #188 of 3,671
Hi guys, would like to know if you can still answer a call even if the wire is attached with the headphones on.? I believe that connecting the wire will block the BTs. Noob question sorry..

Still not sure if i should get the wired or the wireless. Wished that the sq from wireless vs wired is the same. This will be my first ever headphones coming from a earbuds which cost like 20$. 1st venture to the hedphones world. :p loved the community here at head fi. Just signed up today after reading this whole thread.

One hell of an intro to headphones lol ...Momentum wireless are possibly the best BT set being offered to date. :wink: 

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #190 of 3,671
People with a wireless Momentum, is there a small knob on both of the drivers in the earcups? 
I bet it's the Noise Cancelling something something, but I'd like to be sure that I'm not the only one.
You'll be able to feel it, but also see.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #193 of 3,671
Hello. I recently bought the Sennhesier Momentum's Over-ear and I'm planning to buy the 2.0 Wireless this Christmas. Just wondering though, if my sources are my Nokia Lumia 520  and my iPod Nano 5th Generation, will the Momentum 2.0 give me a good amount of volume, both when wired and when wireless? 'Cause right now, I'm putting the volume near max level in my iPod Nano 5th Generation using my Momentum Over-ear 1.0. :)

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #194 of 3,671
The battery is inbuilt.

ANC works wired or not, as long as it's powered on - and the internal battery is charged off course.

Trying the ANC now.

Kinda weird. There's a definite "hiss" - although I wouldn't call it that, more like record static - a warm fuzz, not too bad though.

However it doesn't even fully block out my laptop. - normal ear buds do.

However, it totally blocks out birds chirping! - quite unexpected.

With ANC on you actually feel like you're in less of a vacuum - if you eat/hum etc. it sound more like it would without headphones on.

Do they have a talk through feature? So you sound normal when making phone calls using them. If so, think it's that in action.

I did expect them to block out my laptop - although the fan noise is a little high pitch.

Tested them with my dehumidifier - blocks all the deep basy rumbling noise, leaves the standard fan like noise.
So despite cancelling out the birds, seems they don't deal so well with the mid frequencies at least.
So maybe they can cancel the low and high, and not the mids so well.

I can still notice the dehumidifer fan noise when listening to some music.

So not massively impressed with the ANC to be honest.

They sound nice, but these are also my first proper headphones, and first over ears.
Snares etc. sound pretty sharp. Warm sound?
Like how they sound. Not too basy for me - but been listening fairly low volume. Fair bit of bass there with the volume up.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #195 of 3,671
Hi guys.. New here.

The wireless model seemed to me like a gift from god until I heard during the CNET review that you can't turn off the ANC.

Thing is, my ears are ultra-sensitive to ANC, specially noise-guard. I have a pair of MM 450-X, and I feel a strong amount of pressure when I switch ANC on, followed by a slight headache that lasts for nearly an hour!  I thought my unit was defective at first and was planning to send it back, but then I tried the Bose QC25 at a store, and I felt the same kind of pressure in my ears, only less intense, but still not tolerable.  I figured my ears just don't like ANC, so  if the momentums have that ON all the time, it's a deal breaker :frowning2:

Can someone confirm if it's true that you can't switch that off?

Thanks

edit: Just went through the user's guide. It seems ANC can only be off when it's wired, which defeats the purpose of buying the wireless version (atleast for me)

Still would love a confirmation from owners if that's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back