Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 4, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #152 of 3,671

Thanks....**** I hate when manufacturers do that. 6,35 is only gonna comfortably fit small to medium ears. What about people with larger ears? Mine are over 7,5 cm long.  Why can't they make a FULL SIZE headphone, instead of these sizes that dance on the line between on-ear and around-ear for 50% of the population?  The only reason I won't buy the Momentums is size, they can sound better than HD800's for all I care, if they don't fit properly, in the trash category they go.

The problem with the momentums is that 6.35 CM is their ear-cup opening, and that's all you get when your ears pop into em.
With other headphones there is extra space when your ears go in.

These ear-cups are smaller than the Momentum 2.0s: http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/27/274907aa_UptownCups.jpeg
But as your ears are in the cup they lay under the cushion, where there is more space. 
I will try to mod my ear-pads if they become uncomfortable later on.

Getting mine tomorrow, can't wait.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #153 of 3,671
  The problem with the momentums is that 6.35 CM is their ear-cup opening, and that's all you get when your ears pop into em.
With other headphones there is extra space when your ears go in.

These ear-cups are smaller than the Momentum 2.0s: http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/27/274907aa_UptownCups.jpeg
But as your ears are in the cup they lay under the cushion, where there is more space. 
I will try to mod my ear-pads if they become uncomfortable later on.

Getting mine tomorrow, can't wait.

Yes, you are right, the ear cup pads on these are pretty much straight down, not allowing the ear to fold in behind the pad if they are larger than the opening of the pad itself... I believe this to be the whole problem, given the size of the cups themselves...

I saw in the manual, where the pads are (easily) removable. I wonder if Senn has planned different size pads in the works (knowing they will still have fit issues with these, albeit lesser than the M1)?!

Feb 4, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #155 of 3,671

Yes, you are right, the ear cup pads on these are pretty much straight down, not allowing the ear to fold in behind the pad if they are larger than the opening of the pad itself... I believe this to be the whole problem, given the size of the cups themselves...

I saw in the manual, where the pads are (easily) removable. I wonder if Senn has planned different size pads in the works (knowing they will still have fit issues with these, albeit lesser than the M1)?!

That would be great, I wonder if the sound would differ.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #157 of 3,671
Did the price just drop on custom cables? The wireless ones are ringing up at £316, I'm in the USA tho. I'm wondering if these are worth pulling the trigger on now, I've got the urbanite xl's and the earcups are too small. I would've bought the momentum 1.0 but those had the same problem. My ears are about 6cm tall and 3.2 cm wide. What do yall think?

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #160 of 3,671
$481 / €421

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #162 of 3,671
In the States, moon audio has them for $449. Really really want to return my urbanites for $170 to Amazon before February 20 (return date) and pull the trigger on these.. But something tells me I should wait till Feb 19 at least.

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #163 of 3,671
Does anyone of you know if the Momentum Wireless headphones support AAC? There is very little to find about 'em, but the ones who have them already might have some info in their booklets. 

Edit: nevermind, the website only says the Apt-x codec is covered. That's sad.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #164 of 3,671
Awesome an actually useful thread! Looks like the QC25 is better at ANC... got the info I am looking for.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #165 of 3,671
Short time lurker here! Just wondering if it'd be alright to drive this 28ohm without amps?

Also does it need separate aptX-capable BL dongle or sort for desktop / phone(Nexus 4) use?

Hard time deciding this and the first gen as the price is about threefolds here in Aus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back