Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Sep 21, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #4,397 of 4,836
Hi all, i tried the Lavricables for my ie900 and talked about my experiences here

2EA52B84-1C3B-409F-BD2D-4AEED5467788.jpeg

Sep 22, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #4,398 of 4,836
Hey Gang, so I picked up the IE600s a few months ago and really like the fit and some of the sound, however, the highs are too screechy for my ears and begin to get uncomfortable after a few minutes of listening. I've permanently set them aside and have gone back to my IE800s set which is much more to my personal preference.

So, a question for you all. I still have upgrade-itus and am wondering about the IE900. How are the highs in the flagship IEMs? Are they closer to the IE800s sound signature? The reason I ask is I have always been a Sennheiser groupy and am thinking I might need to wait for the next generation to get back to the sound I love. I'm thinking I will need to stick with the IE800s and HD660S2 for my listening. Is that a good assumption?

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #4,400 of 4,836
What genres of music do you listen to?

Some genres like pop have badly mixed albums with overemphasis on top end treble. I’ve owned both IE800 and 600 and both have quite forgiving upper end to my ears.

HD660s2 are really nice, you have to look at really expensive options both headphone and in ears to see a delta in SQ over a well amped s2.

Sep 25, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #4,401 of 4,836
I put up my IE 900 (purchased brand new from Audio46 on June 2021) for sale on the classified, and someone messaged me claiming that when they scanned the QR code on the back of the box (below) it leads to a website, sennheiser.com/qr (redirects to en-us.sennheiser.com/about-sennheiser-at-a-glance-counterfeit).
They claim this is evidence that my IE 900 is counterfeit, but I believe that website is only general information about counterfeits.

Can someone who bought their IE 900 from an authorized dealer please scan the QR code on the back of their box and see where it goes to? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2727_resize.JPG
    IMG_2727_resize.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #4,402 of 4,836
I put up my IE 900 (purchased brand new from Audio46 on June 2021) for sale on the classified, and someone messaged me claiming that when they scanned the QR code on the back of the box (below) it leads to a website, sennheiser.com/qr (redirects to en-us.sennheiser.com/about-sennheiser-at-a-glance-counterfeit).
They claim this is evidence that my IE 900 is counterfeit, but I believe that website is only general information about counterfeits.

Can someone who bought their IE 900 from an authorized dealer please scan the QR code on the back of their box and see where it goes to? Thank you!
Mine QR Code scan brings me to this website:

https://en-sg.sennheiser.com/about-sennheiser-at-a-glance-counterfeit

It is just a page that tells you how to avoid buying counterfeits. tl;dr buy from authorised dealers!

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #4,403 of 4,836
Oct 2, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #4,404 of 4,836
Hey Gang, so I picked up the IE600s a few months ago and really like the fit and some of the sound, however, the highs are too screechy for my ears and begin to get uncomfortable after a few minutes of listening. I've permanently set them aside and have gone back to my IE800s set which is much more to my personal preference.

So, a question for you all. I still have upgrade-itus and am wondering about the IE900. How are the highs in the flagship IEMs? Are they closer to the IE800s sound signature? The reason I ask is I have always been a Sennheiser groupy and am thinking I might need to wait for the next generation to get back to the sound I love. I'm thinking I will need to stick with the IE800s and HD660S2 for my listening. Is that a good assumption?
They have nothing to do with the IE800S, they have way more bass (especially sub-bass) but that's a good thing for me (the IE800S bass was anaemic).
But unlike the IE600, their sound is fuller and they are safer in the upper mids and highs, fatigue free for the long listening sessions, that's why I prefer them to the IE600.
If you have the opportunity, give them a try.

Oct 10, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #4,405 of 4,836
I bought a pair of IE 900s a couple of months ago from a member here, and I’ve been really enjoying them ever since. It’s simply astounding what such a tiny little driver can produce!

Now that I’ve figured out what tips work best for me (small stock silicone plus the spacer mod to keep the tips in the outermost position), I have a question. When are replacement silicone tips going to be available to purchase again? It seems like they’ve been out of stock for a long time on the official website.

With how sensitive this IEM is to tips, it’s crazy that I can’t buy replacement OEM tips for them.

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #4,406 of 4,836
I bought a pair of IE 900s a couple of months ago from a member here, and I’ve been really enjoying them ever since. It’s simply astounding what such a tiny little driver can produce!

Now that I’ve figured out what tips work best for me (small stock silicone plus the spacer mod to keep the tips in the outermost position), I have a question. When are replacement silicone tips going to be available to purchase again? It seems like they’ve been out of stock for a long time on the official website.

With how sensitive this IEM is to tips, it’s crazy that I can’t buy replacement OEM tips for them.

I've been using the Senn IE Pro tips for a long time and really like them. They seal much better than the original tips.

I just got in the new Eletech Baroque tips. They seem to fit my ears much better, but I've only had them for about a week. We'll see if I end up switching to them.

Oct 10, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #4,407 of 4,836
I've been using the Senn IE Pro tips for a long time and really like them. They seal much better than the original tips.

I just got in the new Eletech Baroque tips. They seem to fit my ears much better, but I've only had them for about a week. We'll see if I end up switching to them.

I read a review on them that mentioned how thin the Baroque tips were - which to me was the problem with the stock IE 900 tips. I like you switched to the Pro tips and have really enjoyed them.

Are the Baroque's better than the stock tips in terms of sealing and maintaining the seal?

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #4,408 of 4,836
In terms of sealing and maintaining the seal, I'd rate them Baroque>IE Pro>stock. I'm still trying to figure out how the Baroques change the sound sig, but they sure are the best for the seal, at least for me. They are thicker than stock but thinner than the IE Pro.

Oct 10, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #4,409 of 4,836
In terms of sealing and maintaining the seal, I'd rate them Baroque>IE Pro>stock. I'm still trying to figure out how the Baroques change the sound sig, but they sure are the best for the seal, at least for me. They are thicker than stock but thinner than the IE Pro.
I’d be curious if they sound similar, as for me, only the stock tips have sounded “right” so far.

What a contrast in sales experience between the two tips though! Trying to find the IE Pro tips was an exercise in futility, at least in the USA. Several official Sennheiser parts sites, none of which had any tips in stock, and each listing is totally bare-bones. Meanwhile, the Baroque tips are sold with such effort and flair! Night and day difference between the two.

Also, I’d be missing that little foam bit on aftermarket tips, which is there to keep debris out of the driver. I’d need that, because Sennheiser refuses to do out of warranty service for these IEMs.

I guess I could glue it or something. It wouldn’t be the first tip mod I’ve done to this thing. The spacer mod was required, as you get better soundstage by having the tips at the outer position, and they won’t stay at all in that position normally.

Why they didn’t include more tips or official spacers with a $1,500 IEM is enough of a shame, but not having extra tips available to buy is just embarrassing when the tips are so important.

Oct 10, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #4,410 of 4,836
I’d be curious if they sound similar, as for me, only the stock tips have sounded “right” so far.

What a contrast in sales experience between the two tips though! Trying to find the IE Pro tips was an exercise in futility, at least in the USA. Several official Sennheiser parts sites, none of which had any tips in stock, and each listing is totally bare-bones. Meanwhile, the Baroque tips are sold with such effort and flair! Night and day difference between the two.

Also, I’d be missing that little foam bit on aftermarket tips, which is there to keep debris out of the driver. I’d need that, because Sennheiser refuses to do out of warranty service for these IEMs.

I guess I could glue it or something. It wouldn’t be the first tip mod I’ve done to this thing. The spacer mod was required, as you get better soundstage by having the tips at the outer position, and they won’t stay at all in that position normally.

Why they didn’t include more tips or official spacers with a $1,500 IEM is enough of a shame, but not having extra tips available to buy is just embarrassing when the tips are so important.
I was lucky enough with the Pro tips to find a Canadian contact email and purchase from them directly through that correspondence. Perhaps @ericpalonen could help you out with a US contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back