Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jul 3, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #4,276 of 4,836
Just a note that the non-ConX EA cables might not work well. I only have the EA Grandioso in MMCX and although it fit my IE600/IE900, the connection was not really secure. I recently picked up this GuCraftsman cable (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S2Z82Z9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) and it snaps in securely. I've been using a GuCraftsman IPX cable on my UE Live for some time as well without any issues. I won't comment on any sonic changes as my main reason for picking up these cables are due to the limited availability of 4.4mm cables in IPX & Sennheiser MMCX terminations.

Looking at the GuCraftsman cable and it looks like the right type of design for the IE900. My other aftermarket MMCX cables have the "shoulder" of the connector recessed into a housing, most of which aren't easy to modify or cut around. The price looks decent enough to give it a shot.

Jul 3, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #4,277 of 4,836
You might be right. I need to try to comply foam again... And give it more time.
Tried Comply foam tips again and indeed there is a significant improvement. They maintain a proper seal even when I am moving around.

I love the OEM silicone tips when they are seated correctly, but any movement, and they move out of place and the sound changes.

With the Comply tips, everything works better...even with the stock cable. I am no longer looking at replacement cables.

Jul 3, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #4,278 of 4,836
Tried Comply foam tips again and indeed there is a significant improvement. They maintain a proper seal even when I am moving around.

I love the OEM silicone tips when they are seated correctly, but any movement, and they move out of place and the sound changes.

With the Comply tips, everything works better...even with the stock cable. I am no longer looking at replacement cables.

I wonder if the memory wire with the stock cable has also gotten better for you too. I was initially disappointed since they didn't seem to relax on my ears and I started thinking about buying an aftermarket cable like you.

With the Comply tips and some time, they seemed to improve though you'll never be able to get around the tacky sleeves. They are one of my most tangle-free cables though which makes using the IE900 for daily on-and-off wear feel like much less of a chore.

Jul 4, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #4,279 of 4,836
I have been comparing the IE600 to the IE900 on my Instagram site, I much preferred the 900 to be honest, the Lavricable Master Line upgrade cable removed the awful microphonics from the stock cables. Check out my Insta site, its just a hobby for me so go easy :)

Black_squirrel_hifi

Both the 900 and the Lavricables are up for sale now on Ebay if anyone is looking for a pair, only used for review. Paying for the next headphone to review, Nuemann NDH20 in black mmmmmmmm

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #4,280 of 4,836
How much does it cost to replace the connectors on IE 900 IEM. PLASTIC HOUSING NEAR CONNECTOR of Left side IEM was some how broken.

sonically all good.

Its still in warranty, Reached sennheiser INDIA service support.

[Update]: sennheiser India has responded back with a positive note they will be able to replace the iem.

Attachments

• A158601B-EE53-44D1-9ACB-0E7574894A7E.jpeg
    A158601B-EE53-44D1-9ACB-0E7574894A7E.jpeg
    991.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #4,281 of 4,836
I have been comparing the IE600 to the IE900 on my Instagram site, I much preferred the 900 to be honest, the Lavricable Master Line upgrade cable removed the awful microphonics from the stock cables. Check out my Insta site, its just a hobby for me so go easy :)

Black_squirrel_hifi

Both the 900 and the Lavricables are up for sale now on Ebay if anyone is looking for a pair, only used for review. Paying for the next headphone to review, Nuemann NDH20 in black mmmmmmmm
Actually decided to keep the IE900's after comparing them to the Flare Audio Pro's. Which definitely hit way above their price point, going toe to toe with the Senns in some respects for a £1k difference!!. But the Senns carry it with regards to pin point clarity, however the Flare's have a beautifully balanced sound that is addictive and moorish

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #4,282 of 4,836
How much does it cost to replace the connectors on IE 900 IEM. PLASTIC HOUSING NEAR CONNECTOR of Left side IEM was some how broken.

sonically all good.

Its still in warranty, Reached sennheiser INDIA service support. They said it will not covered under warranty.

I dont see any positive suppport from SENNHEISER INDIA. Awaiting for a their response for the plastic replacement.

Atleast they didnt even bother to comeup with alternative solutions for a resolution that I can replace it at my personal expenses. I myself has asked for the alternatives and how much you charge for replacing the plastic housing near the connector.

sonova is providing after sales support in india which I feel it is pathetic and probably should refrain from buying sennheiser products and atleast if it is going to be used india.

@Sennheiser, please assist if you can?
Why would you want to replace it? Removal of this would make cable upgrade much easier.

I'm actually now going to attempt to remove mine now that I know it is possible to do so.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #4,283 of 4,836
Is the single end enough for the IE900?

Why would you want to replace it? Removal of this would make cable upgrade much easier.

I'm actually now going to attempt to remove mine now that I know it is possible to do so.
Don’t do that, I assume you are joking, possibly voiding any warranty just to use a different cable seems a bit extreme. I wonder myself if the broken plastic is related to aftermarket cable usage.

If you really don’t like the Sennheiser cable that much sell the whole lot and get an IEM that you can easily swap the cable.

Jul 8, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #4,284 of 4,836
Don’t do that, I assume you are joking, possibly voiding any warranty just to use a different cable seems a bit extreme. I wonder myself if the broken plastic is related to aftermarket cable usage.

If you really don’t like the Sennheiser cable that much sell the whole lot and get an IEM that you can easily swap the cable.
I wouldn’t void the warranty on such an expensive item. Heck, I can’t even bring myself to cut the collars off my IE 300 even though I have 2 pairs that I got for $100 each.

Jul 17, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #4,286 of 4,836
Question about sending my unit in for repair!

The right earpiece started giving out on me last night after two years. I treat them well, don't fall asleep with them in my ears - always in the case when not in use etc. etc....anyways. Still (just barely) under warranty.

I got an RMA from Sennheiser. Should I just send the faulty earpiece back to Sennheiser or the original packaging etc?

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #4,287 of 4,836

The right earpiece started giving out on me last night after two years. I treat them well, don't fall asleep with them in my ears - always in the case when not in use etc. etc....anyways. Still (just barely) under warranty.

I got an RMA from Sennheiser. Should I just send the faulty earpiece back to Sennheiser or the original packaging etc?

Thanks!
I think you should send the original package with all accessories, I sent mine back for repair once, and I think they just replace the full pair

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #4,289 of 4,836

Thanks!
I’ve done 2 warranty claims so far and I always just send the IEMs and the cable. They usually send back a brand new set or refurbished set, so you’ll probably get an extra case and extra accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back