Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 12, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #1,051 of 4,836
Well the gold helps with clear detailed mids , the diamonds will improve the clarity in the treble and sound stage. 😶
So, what you’re saying is… you don’t need the Midas touch to get a pair of IE 900, just 💎 🙌

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #1,052 of 4,836
This means that the Xelentos are scared because the I900s are arriving soon.
The type of music we listen to is a very important factor. Judging by the recommended music to play on the I900son this thread I noticed that many headfiers love electronic and ambient music. If this is the case, the I900s soundstage and sparkling nature will win you over. Also reign supreme with classical music. I mostly listen to nordic jazz, vocal jazz, classic jazz , rock, blues and some metal.
Do you want to be amazed by the I900s? listen to best Ice Music ever: Terje Isungset - Fading Sun
Song added!
Tell me about it, we are officially droids now. Lol
People like the robots! 🤖

However it’s not like we forgot other music existed, it’s just that EDM is very popular! Perhaps I should be embarrassed that none of the songs I initially picked for the IE 900 Synergy songs playlist were EDM… but their often synthetic nature tends to lend themselves towards very clean songs.

I’ve been trying to add songs people said mated well from the thread into the playlist! You’re welcome to add your own of course, just try to keep it under 10 so we can enjoy the perspectives of many enthusiasts, get a nice variety, and make some discoveries that normally we wouldn’t have heard! There’s a few Classical tracks that were on Tidal but not on Spotify, so the playlists will never have full parity… but even so, I think there’s a decent variety of genres so far!

I'm very intrigued and would explore Undefined from Simple Three with this iem again. :)
Like this album a lot.
Added! Yes it is a nice album… listened to a few tracks, I chose to represent the album with the track “Rain.”

A non electronic choice from me today, as the summer has finally arrived here in Dublin, some excellent reggae from Hollie Cook - very uplifting and I love her voice. Fantastic album.

Added!
Hey guys Tiger is not only listening to edm here are a few of my favorites with completely different approche.

Please listen to this one with caution as the wild cat could eat you! 🐅🐾

Rawr! [added in big cat energy, though I live with a miniature panther instead of a big cat]
Riffing off the solo cello recommendation…

Added!
A long day at the desk inspired a relaxed album to bring me back to earth, or to outer space. Love the movie and the soundtrack.

Interstellar - it won't load as a preview in the post for some reason...

https://tidal.com/album/104823540
I also like relaxing to music, though I picked a song with a bit of a crescendo to add!

Received my ie900.

Bass presentation is unique and may be a deciding factor for people. I can't find a way go word it. It isn't slow like the ier-z1r, but neither is it tight dry and punchy. Not tight but has good control, and it can present all tom drums with good timbre.....But it is still unique, I can't say it is definitely a better/good thing.

The imaging is not as widely 3d seperated; there is no void that images jump out of (which was the gimmick of the ie800). The ie900 is more center presenting and relatively congested in a more natural sense.

String instruments have a twang when plucked, but lack a romantic edge to it.

Vocals don't seem affected from the FR dip. More just a consequence to the imaging and the edge to some instruments.

Soundstage is more wide, but less so in depth.

This iem has no specialized gimmick. It just a good non-fatiguing all-rounder as some have said.

The memory wire is huge, which may be a problem for some. But it conforms well......the cable has a chemical rubber smell that needs to gas out.

The silicone tips do not isolate well. But using the smallest silicone tip for a deeper fit did best for me.
Hey! I just wanted to thank you for sharing your impressions, the community is curious! I think you handled them in a fair handed measure. Curious to see how your impressions evolve as you listen to more!

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #1,054 of 4,836
I’m still really enjoying the IE900, live music in particular sounds great on them, I’m just listening to Foy Vance live at Bangor Abbey and it sounds fantastic. This song sounds great on the IE900…..

I’m also back to using the medium silicone, I find the sound is more open and balanced overall with the silicone. It’s a shame so many seem to struggle with the fit using these, including myself sometimes in my left ear.

Jun 12, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #1,055 of 4,836
Couple more recommendations:

Oh wow I really like the last song, made me the perfect song while I was preparing my backpack and boots for my super hiking DAY! yep I do hiking 😛 this was the song that made me feel like a viking and I was preparing for the big fight! 😅🙃 In my case for the big hiking day hehe

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,056 of 4,836
I’m still really enjoying the IE900, live music in particular sounds great on them, I’m just listening to Foy Vance live at Bangor Abbey and it sounds fantastic. This song sounds great on the IE900…..

I’m also back to using the medium silicone, I find the sound is more open and balanced overall with the silicone. It’s a shame so many seem to struggle with the fit using these, including myself sometimes in my left ear.
Have you tried "stage 1" and "stage 2" positioning for the eartips? Stock silicone at the ends of the nozzle proved to be amazing for me with both the 900 and 300.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 12, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #1,057 of 4,836

+1 ..
Have a tone of tips, and I couldn't find a better one for the left ear than the original silicone Sennheiser tips .. Though I am struggling a bit, too, to find a right place with the left ear in pos 1 and even fix it to keep it in place. Maybe a ML size would have been welcome like with my Sony IER Z1R

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,058 of 4,836
+1 ..
Have a tone of tips, and I couldn't find a better one for the left ear than the original silicone Sennheiser tips .. Though I am struggling a bit, too, to find a right place with the left ear.
The problem for us is out bodies are constantly changing in small ways due to lots of factors like temperature, time if day, hydration etc etc so I can go 2 days with no issue with my left ear and then it takes me 5 minutes to get a seal. It not just the IE900 either, I’ve always struggled more with my left ear in any iem tip. Stupid ear!

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #1,060 of 4,836
Thanks for posting your thought.
I am a little annoyed when a thread goes downhill because we are no longer talking about the device in the tread header but only about accessories like cable, tips and power conditioners. I miss that guy who recables the headphones internally with silver wire because you cannot stand the sound of copper.
Soo many thread went downhill and got even closed because of people arguing endless about the latest metal flavour or whatnot. Just saying....
I myself can easily like the IE900 as it was made by Sennheiser, better said I like it a lot.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #1,061 of 4,836
I am a little annoyed when a thread goes downhill because we are no longer talking about the device in the tread header but only about accessories like cable, tips and power conditioners. I miss that guy who recables the headphones internally with silver wire because you cannot stand the sound of copper.
Soo many thread went downhill and got even closed because of people arguing endless about the latest metal flavour or whatnot. Just saying....
I myself can easily like the IE900 as it was made by Sennheiser, better said I like it a lot.
Well said! It's in our nature to tinker and experiment and that's cool too. That said we think the IE 900 is our best in-ear right out of the box. @Evshrug and I will keep the IE 900 info coming 💪

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 12, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #1,062 of 4,836
Listening to Rage Against the Machine tonight, very enjoyable.

In relation to experimenting with tips, cables etc, it seems to be perfectly normal and common to other threads I've frequented. Sennheiser did indeed do a fantastic job with what you get out of the box but people will often have favourite tips or types of cables. As long as it doesn't drag the tone down, I think it's great to hear of various experiences.

On that note, Azla Shorts have become a preferred choice for me lately on MEST MKII and DUNU SA6, trying tonight on IE900 with great results.

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #1,064 of 4,836
Any comparisons between this and the MTW2 with the high end sound mode on? 300 dollar wireless earbuds vs 1300 dollars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back