Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
May 31, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #557 of 4,836
I obviously need more time but these are a serious contender for end game level iem status
Give it some time, don't be so quick with an E-word :D

What i definitely agree with is the fit, it's top of my list next to westones, and my ears are very tricky, i've had fit issues with 90% of iems i've tried.

May 31, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #558 of 4,836
I’m going to be annoying, but I will keep posting thoughts……
These sound more natural and laid back than the KSE and Z1R, In a good way though, the KSE can be intense, the mids are slightly forward and the overall delivery is super detailed and it can be a sensory overload. It’s hard to explain. The soundstage is also small so everything sounds close. This can be great but I prefer a wider stage.
The Z1R can be a touch bright in the upper mids/ lower treble and the bass can be a bit much at times. The Z1R wowed me for a while but it became a bit much for me eventually. plus the comfort on them is poor.
basically nothing is standing out so far, nothing is taking my attention away from the overall experience of the music. It’s all there and I can go searching through the mix and pick out everything. Its a breath of fresh air!

May 31, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #559 of 4,836
Yeah I had pretty much reached that conclusion, more curious I guess now considering the throne the Z1R has sat on now for a while!

IE900 and MEST definitely have me happy for the foreseeable.
Future = 3 weeks

May 31, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #562 of 4,836
I’m a sucker for a serial number. Makes me feel special 😁

Attachments

• FCA12404-BF0C-4AB8-889F-18D8345FED3F.jpeg
    FCA12404-BF0C-4AB8-889F-18D8345FED3F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
May 31, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #564 of 4,836
They’ve arrived! I’ve been listening to the IE800S this morning and straight away the upgrade is clear as day. Some early thoughts, take it all with a huge pinch of salt, i need time to adjust and a few hours listening for a true grasp on these but here goes…… The tonal balance is a step up for sure, a touch more warmth in the mids without any loss of detail or bite. I’m sensitive to forward mids, my volume level is determined on vocals, and if they are too forward in the upper mids, I want to turn the volume down, that doesn’t seem to be happening with the IE900, I have got a satisfying level which allows the bass and treble level to also shine through.
The bass is actually more restrained than I had imagined based on the frequency response graphs, it’s really nice, it sounds correct in terms of quantity so far, zero bloat, nice and clean but satisfying. The mid bass is exactly where I want it, it’s without muddying the mids.
Now, the treble, wow. Initial impression is that it could be the best treble I’ve heard from and iem, That’s coming from Z1R and kse1200 which I also own. It’s fair to say, I think they might lose head time to the ie900.
separation and soundstage is superb, better than IE800S, way better than KSE1200, maybe on a par with Z1R.
The fit and comfort is on a par with the shure so far, I did not like the IE800 fit so this is a huge deal for me, i can use these whilst out walking the dog now.
it’s fair to say I am extremely pleased so far, I obviously need more time but these are a serious contender for end game level iem status.
🔥🔥 Thank you for these impressions! Care to share some reference tracks? @Evshrug and I want to stack up the IE900 catalog 😁

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 31, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #568 of 4,836
I’m also an 80s child, 82 to be precise. It’s probably why I’m a huge killers fan, or anything with any 80s type sound to be honest.
one of my favourite albums of theirs is battleborn, it’s nothing special in terms of a recording, but it’s a go to of mine to assess new gear, because I know it so well. The IE900 have passed the battleborn test with flying colours. It’s sounds incredible. Best I’ve heard it. It’s a bright recording so can be irritating on the wrong equipment but it’s absolutely singing on the 900s! Gave me goosebumps, that says it all.

May 31, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #569 of 4,836
I’m also an 80s child, 82 to be precise. It’s probably why I’m a huge killers fan, or anything with any 80s type sound to be honest.
one of my favourite albums of theirs is battleborn, it’s nothing special in terms of a recording, but it’s a go to of mine to assess new gear, because I know it so well. The IE900 have passed the battleborn test with flying colours. It’s sounds incredible. Best I’ve heard it. It’s a bright recording so can be irritating on the wrong equipment but it’s absolutely singing on the 900s! Gave me goosebumps, that says it all.

The goosebumps test should be mandatory criteria for IEM evaluation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back