Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
May 23, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #376 of 4,913
I've seen him DJ a few times and Compro was also an incredible album. Ilian Tape with the Zenker Brothers put out some great music.

Yeah I've picked up a few from Ilian, mostly gone vinyl. The new Skee Mask sold out on vinyl but I expect more will appear soon, it was the same with Compro. I'd say he's quality live.

May 23, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #378 of 4,913
@Scuba Devils - Silliest question, but I actually really dig the case that comes with the IE900. It seems a ton more practical than the one I had with the IE800 and IE800S. Since you have the Luxury and Precision W2, would you show a quick pic of the IE900 in the case along with the W2 in the mesh slot on the other side? I'm curious to see if I could have a great IEM and a nice case for all my portable audiophile needs.

May 24, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #379 of 4,913
Just pre-ordered here in the UK. Excited!!
Welcome to the party in the #IE900club! Hope you enjoy your new shiny!

I noticed you, @utdeep, and @Scuba Devils all have the L&P W2... should I research this? 😁 I’ll get some measuring tape and show the inner dimensions of the IE 900 and IE 300 case tomorrow (later today, I know I know, checking in after midnight on a Sunday night/Monday morning... but Head-Fi was my hobby first!)

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #380 of 4,913
@Scuba Devils - Silliest question, but I actually really dig the case that comes with the IE900. It seems a ton more practical than the one I had with the IE800 and IE800S. Since you have the Luxury and Precision W2, would you show a quick pic of the IE900 in the case along with the W2 in the mesh slot on the other side? I'm curious to see if I could have a great IEM and a nice case for all my portable audiophile needs.

Fits perfectly, closes also with ease.

20210524_064449.jpg

May 24, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #381 of 4,913
Welcome to the party in #ClubIE900! Hope you enjoy your new shiny!

I noticed you, @utdeep, and @Scuba Devils all have the L&P W2... should I research this? 😁 I’ll get some measuring tape and show the inner dimensions of the IE 900 and IE 300 case tomorrow (later today, I know I know, checking in after midnight on a Sunday night/Monday morning... but Head-Fi was my hobby first!)

Great device, certainly worth putting in some research which will no doubt lead to a purchase!

May 24, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #382 of 4,913
May 24, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #384 of 4,913
Excellent! The W2 is good. I think I will store it, a usb-c to usb-c cable, a usb -c to lightning adapter, and a 4.4mm balanced to 3.5mm single-ended adapter in the mesh pocket.
That picture was perfect!

May 24, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #385 of 4,913
I am still waiting for mine to be shipped out the wait is starting to stretch my patience 😅🤣 I wish I can receive it in the first week of june.

May 24, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #386 of 4,913
Welcome to the party in #ClubIE900! Hope you enjoy your new shiny!

The L&P W2 is something very special, So it's worth looking it up, and I am sure is the same with the IE900, but you know that already.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #387 of 4,913
I want to share some thoughts on the IE900 after almost two weeks of daily use. (...)

My recent IEM collection in order of purchase: XBA-N3, DUNU ZEN, DUNU SA6, Sony IER-M9, UM MEST MKII
Hi @Scuba Devils, could you please share some impressions in comparison to the Sony M9?

May 24, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #388 of 4,913

For anyone curious, here are IE 300 and IE 900 cases and dimensions, as well as a bonus feature about the eartips.​

The IE 300 has an all black case, while the IE 900 is a bronze/nickel color with a black zipper.

The IE 900 serial number is also engraved on a metal plaque on the back of the case, so that it isn’t shrunk too small to be read on the body one IE 900 itself:

The inner dimensions of the IE 300 case are about 3” or 7.7cm wide by 2.5” or 6.5cm tall, with just about a half inch or 1.2cm deep on each side of the zippered shell.The IE 900 case is black inside too, about 3 and 1/8 inches or 8.1cm wide and 2 and 3/8inches or 6.1cm tall, and 7/16ths of an inch or 1.1cm deep.

So, yes, the IE 300 case is a bit more square, and the IE 900 case is a bit longer on its longest side.

The IE 900 and IE 300 both use the same silicone and foam tips, as well as a cleaning tool. Does anyone else feel like the foam tips look a bit like little tires? Both types have an interesting bonus feature: there are grooves to hold the tips onto the earphone nozzle at TWO different depths, allowing the user to experiment for optimal comfort and sound.

May 24, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #389 of 4,913

For anyone curious, here are IE 300 and IE 900 cases and dimensions, as well as a bonus feature about the eartips.​

The IE 300 has an all black case, while the IE 900 is a bronze/nickel color with a black zipper.

The IE 900 serial number is also engraved on a metal plaque on the back of the case, so that it isn’t shrunk too small to be read on the body one IE 900 itself:

The inner dimensions of the IE 300 case are about 3” or 7.7cm wide by 2.5” or 6.5cm tall, with just about a half inch or 1.2cm deep on each side of the zippered shell.The IE 900 case is black inside too, about 3 and 1/8 inches or 8.1cm wide and 2 and 3/8inches or 6.1cm tall, and 7/16ths of an inch or 1.1cm deep.

So, yes, the IE 300 case is a bit more square, and the IE 900 case is a bit longer on its longest side.

The IE 900 and IE 300 both use the same silicone and foam tips, as well as a cleaning tool. Does anyone else feel like the foam tips look a bit like little tires? Both types have an interesting bonus feature: there are grooves to hold the tips onto the earphone nozzle at TWO different depths, allowing the user to experiment for optimal comfort and sound.

Cool pics and info on the case.

It brought a question on my mind. How are the foamies made? Cause when I use foams they never last and need to change them like every 3months max.

Because they dont like being washed and simply wiping off the wax of the exterior of the foam seems to last longer. Is the sennheiser foamies made with a material that will not degrade the foam functionality?

May 24, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #390 of 4,913
I can inquire about further Foam details, but in general water breaks down the “cell walls” of foam and causes it to degrade faster, so I wouldn’t submerge any foam (tips, pads or otherwise). I made this post on Instagram for Dekoni a few years back:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwarcuPgSNk/?utm_medium=copy_link

And yes, my beautiful wife has “pie crust thumbs,” she’s adorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back