Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jan 30, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #3,106 of 4,854
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #3,108 of 4,854
This is what I suspect as well, along with potentially blocking bass vents, which isn't good for the drivers.
Agree. But if the volume is not extremely loud the porosity of the pillow should be enough to release the pressure to a not damaging level, but forcing the connectors internally while sleeping is something that can easily happen.

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #3,110 of 4,854
Feb 4, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #3,111 of 4,854
Just received my IE900! #4xxx from Dec 2021 batch. Possibly one of the last out of Germany before the shift to Ireland?

Some immediate observations and thoughts:

1. They are so much smaller than I imagined.
2. The silicon ear tips (M) fit with no issue, unlike with the MEST 2 UIEMs I had before.
3. The cables feel good on the ear, and stay out of the way, unlike the EX1000's which can never sit properly no matter what I do to the memory wire.
4. The earphones stay snuggly in my ears, no leak, good seal, almost feels as good as my CIEM, and extremely comfortable. (Same trick I learnt from owning the UE TF10 many moons ago... keep my mouth slightly open, reaching behind my head with opposite hand to tug my ear backwards while rotating the earphones into the ear canal for a very deep fit. Open and close the mouth a few times and let it settle.)
5. Out of the 300Max 4.4mm balanced, I am impressed.

Can't wait to burn them in over a few days, and have a proper listen!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #3,112 of 4,854
Anyone have comparison vs Mest MKII? I'm not sure what to buy - IE900 vs Mest MKII...
I have both... but my MEST 2 are reshelled into CIEMs. The IE900 are much more comfortable for me than the UIEM MEST 2s. Did not run into the same ear tip issues I had with the MEST 2s, surprisingly, after reading about all the tip rolling that others went through.

I'll need a couple of days before I can compare them subjectively. Have my iFi Diablo, iBasso 300Max, and Cayin RU6 to try them on... different power and flavours to see how it fares!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #3,113 of 4,854
Just received my IE900! #4xxx from Dec 2021 batch. Possibly one of the last out of Germany before the shift to Ireland?

Can't wait to burn them in over a few days, and have a proper listen!
Almost the same here. #4xxx from Nov 2021, made in Germany. Still on burn-in, which takes loooong since I want both the 3.5 and 4.4 mm cables treated as well.

Regarding eartips, I am in the majority of users for whom the stock tips are somewhere between bad and trash, both the silicones and the foams. (Hate foamies anyway.) My first remedy was to simply use my Beyerdynamic Xelento silicone tips (those oval helmets) - they work more or less, already much better than the stock silicones. Next I got the Final Type E tips - a huge step forward, as judged by the first short listening session yesterday. FWIW, maybe someone gets a hint from this.

Can‘t wait to listen properly, maybe after this weekend.

I am eager to hear recommendations on how to buy eartips, e.g. the oft-mentioned Acoustune AET07. Germany, Big-A‘s are absolutely not my cup of tea, and I‘m afraid of logistics/customs hassles (had too much of these) … Thanks.

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #3,115 of 4,854
I am eager to hear recommendations on how to buy eartips, e.g. the oft-mentioned Acoustune AET07. Germany, Big-A‘s are absolutely not my cup of tea, and I‘m afraid of logistics/customs hassles (had too much of these) … Thanks.
MTMTaudio delivered my tips, 07 for example, without customs or any trouble. Simple as that. But I'm located in Poland so YMMV

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #3,116 of 4,854
Almost the same here. #4xxx from Nov 2021, made in Germany. Still on burn-in, which takes loooong since I want both the 3.5 and 4.4 mm cables treated as well.

Regarding eartips, I am in the majority of users for whom the stock tips are somewhere between bad and trash, both the silicones and the foams. (Hate foamies anyway.) My first remedy was to simply use my Beyerdynamic Xelento silicone tips (those oval helmets) - they work more or less, already much better than the stock silicones. Next I got the Final Type E tips - a huge step forward, as judged by the first short listening session yesterday. FWIW, maybe someone gets a hint from this.

Can‘t wait to listen properly, maybe after this weekend.

Final audio E tips which one? Clear or black?

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #3,118 of 4,854
Final audio E tips which one? Clear or black?
IIRC they are the same? MTMT lists them as just different colours, at least the 2021 version.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #3,120 of 4,854
Screenshot_20220204_134729_com.android.chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back