Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #4,771 of 7,699
So does it do something or not :) ? I guess I will have to try it myself.

Jul 10, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #4,772 of 7,699
On most fakes of the IE80 bass tuning won't work. However, I confirmed that some fakes do have a bass tuning vent that adjusts. The fake one I had came from a bogus eBay sale that refunded me after I told them that the IE80s they sold are fake and threatened them with PayPal stuff. Serial number and low-quality foam were the giveaways, but otherwise very real-looking and real-sounding, scary no? I have a real IE80 now, from a concept store. Got scared of buying online. I used Audacity to compare a 20Hz sine wave's loudness on the thing. There is a very noticable difference in the loudness on the bass produced by the drivers. Just thought I'd share this, because a working tuning port might not guarantee a genuine IE80. :)

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4,773 of 7,699
Me too sorry for the late reply. Lol but ya I feel the same way about the c5 too. I find the ie80 has alot of bass too but to me its a nice bass. I love hearing like drum rolls and stuff like that with them sounds pretty cool specially when amped. Yes i am actually using the c5 tips rite now with the ie80 the boar hole is big enough i dont really loose any soundstage with them. Thanks for the reply. :)uote name="superkaka" url="/t/569527/sennheiser-ie80s-impressions-thread/4755#post_9597029"]Hi pacman,

Sorry for the late reply. my old amp was damaged 2 months ago and I need to save some dollars for the new one:frowning2:  so I can not try it now...  
But I did try C5 with amp before, as far as I can remember,  C5 without amp does sound  good to me, but if you feel amp helps C5 a lot for you, then why not turn them up when you use C5. With the amp it did sound  a bit better, but the improvement is not significant to me(this is just how I feel  though, if you bought it from the authorized dealer, then I do not think it is a pad pair, everyone has his own taste). But I feel the bass is too heavy  and the treble is too harsh as the volume increase.  usually I can bear the heavy bass since I can wear ie80 for longtime with level 3 bass level, but I found I can never wear C5 for more than one hour, otherwise it causes my ear pain. The loop thing was somewhat uncomfortable as well:frowning2:

But short time listening is pretty decent, plus the seal and isolation of C5 is very good. Did you try to use the tips from C5 on IE80? It should fit IE80 very well and the isolation is better than the stock tips of ie 80.
[/quote]

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #4,774 of 7,699
i want to share my way on how to increase isolation,seal and fit with the ie80.
have an big eartips and small eartips (any big tips(i use JVC) and any small tips can be use here)

put the small tips inside the big tips

put the eartips in the ie80 and you are done

if the small eartips is to tight for the big eartips please cut this part on the small eartips

Hope it works for you guys

Kudos to you. Works like a charm

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #4,778 of 7,699
exactly. desiccants are your headphone's best friend.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #4,781 of 7,699
Jul 13, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #4,782 of 7,699
Hi people :)

Maybe stupid but did somebody think about to send the ie80 to make ciem from them?
I have fit issues because my ear canal really small.
Looks I have to force the tips in my ears just didn't found the right ones.
When I use a small silicone tips I don't like the sound, comply's are big but good sound. The sound difference is dramatic.
I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #4,783 of 7,699
You are in the long quest for the right tips for your ears, I have spend a lot of time also for the IE-80, you can try the JVC tips, they do wonders for me, I found it on Ebay and they are cheap. You can also do a search in this thread to find some interesting links posted before.

The last solution can be the ACS custom tips, but this is another story  : http://www.head-fi.org/t/415905/review-acs-custom-tips-sennheiser-ie8

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4,784 of 7,699

Users who are viewing this thread

Back