Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3,512 of 7,699
Here's a picture to illustrate my fit. Maybe I need to use larger tips so they don't sit so deep in my canals...

EDIT: yep, that helped a bunch. Sorry guys, I'm just live-journaling in this thread. I will now refrain from posting constant updates like i'm on twitter haha.

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #3,513 of 7,699
Quote:
Here's a picture to illustrate my fit. Maybe I need to use larger tips so they don't sit so deep in my canals...

eek.gif
 Dude, that is deep...

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #3,521 of 7,699
Question for those of you with "perfect seal", do you feel a nice suction/pressure when you insert your IEM? I still am not sure if I have a perfect seal or not. With my Westones 4, I would feel pressure once I inserted my monitors and hear a pop when I removed the monitors, I could really feel the air pressure building up since air was not escaping but I cannot seem to get that seal with any tips for the IE80. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #3,522 of 7,699
Quote:
Question for those of you with "perfect seal", do you feel a nice suction/pressure when you insert your IEM? I still am not sure if I have a perfect seal or not. With my Westones 4, I would feel pressure once I inserted my monitors and hear a pop when I removed the monitors, I could really feel the air pressure building up since air was not escaping but I cannot seem to get that seal with any tips for the IE80. 

You want a seal but nothing like Westone or Shure. That type of seal would lead to too much bass. You want a decent seal but not super seal where you would feel pressure build up. The IE80s are meant to be more open so as long as you are getting a decent seal it should be optimal. What do you feel about the sound? Anyways do you enjoy that ear pressure? For me that kinda stuff leads to a major headache and crappy music sessions because I'm irritated.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #3,523 of 7,699
Quote:
You want a seal but nothing like Westone or Shure. That type of seal would lead to too much bass. You want a decent seal but not super seal where you would feel pressure build up. The IE80s are meant to be more open so as long as you are getting a decent seal it should be optimal. What do you feel about the sound? Anyways do you enjoy that ear pressure? For me that kinda stuff leads to a major headache and crappy music sessions because I'm irritated.

I enjoy the sound that I have right now, I am always looking for ways to improve the sound if possible. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #3,524 of 7,699
Finally got my IE80 yesterday, they sound great straight out w/ my iP4s and Clip+, really love them. I don't feel they are too bassy at all, well, compare to my DT770 anyway :D  But I love them as they are, won't do any adjustment or mod for now. They work pretty well w/ the music I like:jazz, strings, light music, easy listening & background music, soft rocks and pops. 

The other thing I found is that they seal pretty well, far better than I expected due to so many reviews and comments about their lack of isolation. I have UM3X which really isolate almost all sounds, but IE80 aren't bad at all even when used in the train. But I bought these mainly for using in office (to replace my MX980 which just don't stay well in my ears), good to be able to hear a little bit about what's going on around the office :) 

I think I'm finally settled on big cans (HD800 for music, DT770Pro for movie) and IEMs (UM3X RC for commute and IE80 for office). 

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #3,525 of 7,699
Sold my. They are the best phones when paired with cd/md source. With digital players my music sounds better with another models, i decided not to spend too much money for such kind of sound. Maybe IE60 will be better choice for digital. CD/MD old but still superb sounding devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back