Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3,498 of 7,699
I found that the T500 comply were easier to install. I find the foam tips to be a pain to have to compress them every time.
I tried the stock double flange tips again and they seem to work best for me.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #3,499 of 7,699
Yeah these seem pretty similar in size/fit to the GR07 and I preferred the double flanges on those. Foam tips don't work very well with these shapes of IEM.

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #3,501 of 7,699
Just got mine today.

First impressions: fit is AWFUL. Might have to return these or sell them 
frown.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #3,503 of 7,699
Ha sorry. The plastic piece that connects the cable to the drivers is just way too long/huge. It sticks out awkwardly and makes it impossible to wear them over my ears. And the ear hooks don't help at all. It seems like these were made for people with massive ears, or maybe mine are just small?

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #3,504 of 7,699
Well you can try reverse the cable and wear them down if that helps? So switch from left to right and right to left and insert them down and I think it will fit.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #3,505 of 7,699
Are you saying you can't get it to look like this?

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/images/uploads/sennheiser-ie80-earphones-wearing.jpg

if that doesn't work then unfortunately you're probably out of luck with most of the higher end universal fit IEMs.  I had more of a struggle getting a right seal without pushing the housing into my ear and hurting it, I'm fine on Sony Hybrids right now (JVC tips are on their way from UK) though.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #3,506 of 7,699
That is over-ear. Seems like he is having problems with it. So I told him to reverse the IEMs from left IEM to right cable connector and Right IEM to left cable connector. Then wear them down. This works great for me as well and the fit is superb. But I just don't like wearing them this way.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #3,507 of 7,699
Yeah I don't like wearing them down either. The GR07 fit my ears perfectly and the over-ear design was ideal, I didn't even need the hooks. But I'll keep fussing with these tonight to see if I can make them work. I've only tried them for a few minutes...wanted to eat dinner first.

edit: now i see why people like to re-cable these though. the stock cable is very stiff.

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #3,509 of 7,699
I'm comparing to the GR07 stock cable, and the UERM cable. Not really a fair comparison because they're both so good, but come on Sennheiser, you could have done better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back