Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #3,454 of 7,699
I love the ie80. But I like the Sennheiser sound signature. I owned a pair of Shure IEM's before and hated them. Took about 10 years off from IEM's and was into full sized hp's...still am. Then I tried the ie80 and I highly recommend it. 

gL!!

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #3,456 of 7,699
Eh, I got tired of researching the same information over and over. I own a pair of Sennheiser IE7's, love the warm sound. Just hit the complete order button on Amazon. I'm not a Basshead but I feel like the IE80's warm deep dark open sound signature may be best for me over the bright crisp treble highs of the 535. My stomach is feeling upset from the huge price tag ($439 USD from Amazon) but that happens every time I made a big purchase. 

No turning back! No turning back soldier!

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #3,457 of 7,699
Yep I did the same and have to say I've been really happy with mine, I ordered the toxic cables silver poison last week...had more issues with that to be fair...£160 cable for a £220 pair of earbuds..but feeling better about it now and looking forward to getting them!

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #3,459 of 7,699
Quote:
Eh, I got tired of researching the same information over and over. I own a pair of Sennheiser IE7's, love the warm sound. Just hit the complete order button on Amazon. I'm not a Basshead but I feel like the IE80's warm deep dark open sound signature may be best for me over the bright crisp treble highs of the 535. My stomach is feeling upset from the huge price tag ($439 USD from Amazon) but that happens every time I made a big purchase. 

No turning back! No turning back soldier!

Dude why not cancel the order and get them from Razordog deals? I got mine for $330.00? There is also a sale from amazon.germany where they are going for $270.00.... See if you can cancel the order and save you some money. Razordog an authorized US dealer so you get 2 years warranty. You may even be able to get him lower since the IE80s have been out for a while. The SE535s are overpriced. The IE80s have the treble extension yet the treble is refined (smooth and non fatiguing).

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #3,460 of 7,699
Quote:
Yep I did the same and have to say I've been really happy with mine, I ordered the toxic cables silver poison last week...had more issues with that to be fair...£160 cable for a £220 pair of earbuds..but feeling better about it now and looking forward to getting them!

Pulled the trigger on the same cables last week, cannot wait to try them out :D

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #3,461 of 7,699
How long is a reasonable burn-in time for the ie80s? I've just taken delivery of a pair.Compared to my three year old ie8s they're sounding very hollow with quite a brittle treble.I'm using a Nuforce HDP,that flattens out the infamous mid-bass hump of the ie8s,but still leaves me wanting more treble,hence the ie80 purchase.The ie8 cable is far more supple/pliable than the ie80 cable,I had to swap them.Thanks.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #3,462 of 7,699
Quote:
How long is a reasonable burn-in time for the ie80s? I've just taken delivery of a pair.Compared to my three year old ie8s they're sounding very hollow with quite a brittle treble.I'm using a Nuforce HDP,that flattens out the infamous mid-bass hump of the ie8s,but still leaves me wanting more treble,hence the ie80 purchase.The ie8 cable is far more supple/pliable than the ie80 cable,I had to swap them.Thanks.

Hhm...I wonder if the cable swap might be effected the sound somewhat. Good burn in time for me was about 72 hours. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #3,463 of 7,699
Quote:

I am currently making 16 IE80 cables, this will cover all orders placed before the 25th, if your order was placed before this, then it will be shipping this week. Please PM me your order date and i can check.

Your order will ship this week, so will yours Jinx.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #3,464 of 7,699
Thanks Matt TCG! I had considered the wisdom of swapping  the cables.The problem was,the ie80 cable was so stiff,it was impossible to get a decent seal on the right ear.I use the double-flange tips,which always work well.I've clamped the i.e.80 cables with clothes pegs to bend them in the direction I want them to go.It seems to be working well,I'll swap them back at some point.The sound on the new 'phones has changed in just the past few hours,I'll see what has happened in 70/80 hours.The ie8s took forever to burn in.They went from dire to wonderful.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #3,465 of 7,699
Quote:
Thanks Matt TCG! I had considered the wisdom of swapping  the cables.The problem was,the ie80 cable was so stiff,it was impossible to get a decent seal on the right ear.I use the double-flange tips,which always work well.I've clamped the i.e.80 cables with clothes pegs to bend them in the direction I want them to go.It seems to be working well,I'll swap them back at some point.The sound on the new 'phones has changed in just the past few hours,I'll see what has happened in 70/80 hours.The ie8s took forever to burn in.They went from dire to wonderful.

Cool..no problem. It's interesting that you find the stock ie80 cable so stiff. I find it pretty flexible. I have not seen the ie8 cable for myself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back