Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #5,118 of 7,699
   i wonder whether changing the resistors will help? as i stated earlier... something like e 35Ohm resistor? cuz ive been able to make my westone 4's near flat after changing the resistors to 100Ohms

check the impedance curve of the W4, the more impedance you add the flatter the FR graph will get.
but keep in mind that if adding impedance for BA driver has negligible effect on the mechanical control of the driver, it is usually not the same with dynamic drivers.
for the IE80 there is no noticeable signature change with added impedance. above 100ohm(max I can do is 138) I feel like the sub bass loses a little power but I can't tell if it's real damping effect of is I just hear what I expect to hear. in any case it's not much and not interesting.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #5,120 of 7,699
  what would you guys suggest because all seem to fall in similar price range: vmoda m100. sennheiser ie80. or MTPC's can anyone that has the above headphones compare them? 

what is the question? I have a hard time finding any common ground between m100 and ie80.

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #5,123 of 7,699
Hi guys, what cable advise for a more vivid and powerful sound?

I think you better get a dap or amp that has a fun sound signature and dynamic because cable will not made a lot of change in powerfullness in sound from my experience but it does increase the dynamic but not by alot. Personally i prefer silver cable with the ie80 because i find silver cable made the treble brighter,tighten the bass,improve imaging which is a great combo with something warm like the ie80 in my opinion. Take a look at the plussound cable and toxic cabl, they have high quality cable

Good luck!

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #5,124 of 7,699
I think you better get a dap or amp that has a fun sound signature and dynamic because cable will not made a lot of change in powerfullness in sound from my experience but it does increase the dynamic but not by alot. Personally i prefer silver cable with the ie80 because i find silver cable made the treble brighter,tighten the bass,improve imaging which is a great combo with something warm like the ie80 in my opinion. Take a look at the plussound cable and toxic cabl, they have high quality cable

Good luck!

Well then, let me share this cable where it is sold? desirable not for the price of new headphones!

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #5,125 of 7,699
Well then, let me share this cable where it is sold? desirable not for the price of new headphones!

Take a look at silver galaxy cable for ie80 on ebay. Its great cable and a upgrade to the stock cable with reasonable price.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #5,126 of 7,699

I hesitate to say this but I wouldn't waste your money on cables. The stock is very good in practical terms. Any difference in sound will be tiny if at all. Enjoy your 80's for what they are and put any cash you have to a new pair for a different flavour.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #5,127 of 7,699
Do silver cable makes any difference at all? I honestly find it hard to believe.

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #5,129 of 7,699
I looked they cost 200$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Upgrade-Cable-for-SENNHEISER-IE8-Galaxy-silver-/121114098915?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c32f67ce3
they cost $129
confused_face.gif
in my browser
edit: sorry i dont realise that the silver galaxy is silver plated copper now because its used to be silver in the past when i had it so i cant comment on how it sounds because i never tried an silver plated copper silver galaxy :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back