Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Aug 21, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #4,831 of 7,699
for me the um3x are a great IEM and still one of my favourite along with ie80. the vocal is very good on the um3x very sweet and engaging. for soundstage the ie80 have bigger soundstage but the um3x soundstage is acceptable for me. the w4 is too balance and boring for my taste when i demo it so i didnt buy them in the end.
I agree about the w4 but really once you have them for a while you start to really love them,, specially when you put something else in your ears after ,, it's kinda like ,, ewwww lol just my opinion. And toe the ie80 is fantastic I drive them with my continetal v3 and they really shine even more. They are kinda layed back but with a lot of dynamics. Hope that makes sence. Lol which ones would I sell first my ie80 or my w4r's?? I'd still have to say how good they are ,, my w4r's. don't think I'd ever get rid of my senns:):):)

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #4,832 of 7,699
Quote:
for me the um3x are a great IEM and still one of my favourite along with ie80. the vocal is very good on the um3x very sweet and engaging. for soundstage the ie80 have bigger soundstage but the um3x soundstage is acceptable for me. the w4 is too balance and boring for my taste when i demo it so i didnt buy them in the end.

So what IEM gets the most usage these days from you lighting? You still have the 8A? I was lucky to sell mine off along with the Kaede. Went for the SE5. Can't wait :).

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #4,833 of 7,699
Quote:
I agree about the w4 but really once you have them for a while you start to really love them,, specially when you put something else in your ears after ,, it's kinda like ,, ewwww lol just my opinion. And toe the ie80 is fantastic I drive them with my continetal v3 and they really shine even more. They are kinda layed back but with a lot of dynamics. Hope that makes sence. Lol which ones would I sell first my ie80 or my w4r's?? I'd still have to say how good they are ,, my w4r's. don't think I'd ever get rid of my senns:)
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

so i guess w4 is the type of iem that will grow to liking you but will not impress the first time. im happy enough with my um3x and ie80. they both have great synergy with my dap(studio v) .

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #4,834 of 7,699
Quote:
So what IEM gets the most usage these days from you lighting? You still have the 8A? I was lucky to sell mine off along with the Kaede. Went for the SE5. Can't wait :).

ie80 and um3x when im outside jh16fp when i went for a long trip and playing keyboard and hd800 at home. the um3x and ie80 gets most of time for iem because i dont want to use $1k+ IEM when im outside because if it lost i probably will cry(alot) lol. im trying to sell my 8a now in Indonesia but if nobody wanted to buy them then i will sell at head-fi. im super jelly of your se5
frown.gif
. after i get the lcd3 and an amp for my cans then im planning to buy the s5 and try it with my tera player.

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #4,835 of 7,699
so i guess w4 is the type of iem that will grow to liking you but will not impress the first time. im happy enough with my um3x and ie80. they both have great synergy with my dap(studio v) .
Yes it's one that you will like after using it a while. I've never had the um3 but I have the um2 and I like it. Amped it sounds really good to me. I'm now looking for a dac I just don't know which one to get. Any suggestions ?? Like I've stated before I'm using a alo continetal v3 which I love. It is a very clean and detailed amp. Took a while to really warm up to it but now I love it. If you have any suggestions please give me some advice?? Does a dac really make that much difference ?? Better then my 7th gen ipod classic with my amp??

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #4,836 of 7,699
Quote:
Yes it's one that you will like after using it a while. I've never had the um3 but I have the um2 and I like it. Amped it sounds really good to me. I'm now looking for a dac I just don't know which one to get. Any suggestions ?? Like I've stated before I'm using a alo continetal v3 which I love. It is a very clean and detailed amp. Took a while to really warm up to it but now I love it. If you have any suggestions please give me some advice?? Does a dac really make that much difference ?? Better then my 7th gen ipod classic with my amp??

in my experience dac do make alot of difference(or atleast it do make more difference than amp and cable). if you are using an apple product then i suggest the fostex hp-p1, the price is on the high side but i think its worth it because when you upgrade your IEM you dont need to upgrade the dac. im sure it will sound great with your continental v3 because it already sounded very good with no amp

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #4,837 of 7,699
in my experience dac do make alot of difference(or atleast it do make more difference than amp and cable). if you are using an apple product then i suggest the fostex hp-p1, the price is on the high side but i think its worth it because when you upgrade your IEM you dont need to upgrade the dac. im sure it will sound great with your continental v3 because it already sounded very good with no amp
Yes sounds great. Like you said it sounds good unamped too. With this amp it doesn't add any boost or color to them just pushes them nicly I listen to mine with the bass dial turned all the way down. I not a bass head by all means. That's why I like this amp. It don't add more bass or anything ya know. Sorry I'm not great at explaining all this stuff lol IMO though the ie80 can be a very good bass head iem and it can also be very good for other things. I think that's what makes this iem very special. :). And thanks for the advice I will defently look into it. :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #4,838 of 7,699
Well I ordered these to compare with the 3.Ai currently in my possession.  I love everything about the 3.Ai except the harsh sibilance/treble peaks I am hearing in about 50% of mixes.  It's a shame because everything else is just lovely.

If the IE80 have all that minus the treble, I'll probably keep them.

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #4,839 of 7,699
Quote:
ie80 and um3x when im outside jh16fp when i went for a long trip and playing keyboard and hd800 at home. the um3x and ie80 gets most of time for iem because i dont want to use $1k+ IEM when im outside because if it lost i probably will cry(alot) lol. im trying to sell my 8a now in Indonesia but if nobody wanted to buy them then i will sell at head-fi. im super jelly of your se5
frown.gif
. after i get the lcd3 and an amp for my cans then im planning to buy the s5 and try it with my tera player.

Well I'll keep you posted on what I think. I can do some comparisons from memory as well for the 8A. Probably drop you a PM for that.

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #4,840 of 7,699
Quote:
Well I'll keep you posted on what I think. I can do some comparisons from memory as well for the 8A. Probably drop you a PM for that.

thanks. looking forward it
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #4,841 of 7,699
UM3x are better, but they need powerful source (to get a deep bass, good treble and much more better soundstage), while IE80 sounds good from most sources on a good level. I was using them with modded Colorfly CK4+ (AD8397+good capacitors inside). When testing with IE80, Westones were better.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #4,842 of 7,699
Hi, can someone help me?  I'm looking to buy some IE 80s from Amazon.co.uk, but there are two different products on there:

1. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-IE-80-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B005N8W27I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378653837&sr=8-2&keywords=sennheiser+ie80

Product details

1. Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 2.8 x 14.7 cm ; 136 g
  2. Boxed-product Weight: 454 g
  3. Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
    Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
  4. Item model number: IE80
  5. ASIN: B006EK9J9S
  6. Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 1 Sep 2011
  7. Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (24 customer reviews)

2. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-IE-80-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B005N8W27I/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378654814&sr=1-2&keywords=sennheiser+ie80

Product details

1. Product Dimensions: 18 x 13 x 6 cm ; 5 g
  2. Boxed-product Weight: 340 g
  3. Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
    Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
  4. Item model number: 504771
  5. ASIN: B005N8W27I
  6. Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 24 Jan 2012
  7. Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (1 customer review)​

Number 2 is more expensive than Number 1.

Are these two different products?

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #4,845 of 7,699
Looks good but I don't see on Amazon where they clearly divulge the name of the seller (shop). I would do whatever inquiries it takes to make sure that they are being sold by an Authorized Sennheiser listed dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back