Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #3,136 of 7,699
Quote:
I pulled the plug and ordered a pair of IE80's from Crutchfield.   I used them because of the 60 day return policy just in case they needed to go back for some reason (fit, sound, etc).   They arrived on Friday but I didnt get a chance to unbox and try them out till yesterday.   As of now I am very happy with the sound, I am primarily using my Cowon Z2 amped with a Fiio E17 as my source and am using mostly Flac files.

Sorry to trouble you, I drive my IEs with the cowon Z2 as well, may i know do you hear much improvements using a dedicated/external amp?

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #3,137 of 7,699
 have got the ie80 for a few days now and they are a mixed bag for me, compared to ie8. overall balance and clarity is improved, but the spectacular out of the head soundstage is gone. damn it.

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #3,138 of 7,699
Quote:
 have got the ie80 for a few days now and they are a mixed bag for me, compared to ie8. overall balance and clarity is improved, but the spectacular out of the head soundstage is gone. damn it.

Actually, not so, it now depends on your music. So in actual fact it has become better and represents each piece with defined space, try trance for out of head sound.

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3,139 of 7,699
Anyone here use the carrying case? I try wrapping my wires but then the case doesnt seem to close. 

Sep 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #3,141 of 7,699
I wouldn't bother with the case. I actually see that case accelerating wear and tear on the wire itself. Both the case and ear tips are horribly designed.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #3,142 of 7,699
The ONLY tips that work are the double biflange which isolate pretty well but they are uncomfortable. 

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #3,143 of 7,699
Do you guys think it would be possible to get a type of cable that has connectors that are plugged into the top but instantly bent downwards and are in-line with the outside of the IEMs, so that I can wear them straight down without the cables sticking out heaps looking like antlers?

Also how is the cable on the IE80s in comparison to the Vsonic GR07s? The GR07s I thought had a really solid cable that would last forever, but they were too sturdy and didn't go behind the ear properly without the chin-slider up tight and uncomfortable. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #3,144 of 7,699
I think the IE8/IE80 cables are even more sturdy than on the GR07s. Many complain saying they feel flimsy but that is not the case at all. The cables are supple and pliable.  Made of kevlar so its quite durable.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #3,146 of 7,699
Quote:
Okay, so no problems with it going behind your ear? the GR07s seem to just straighten themselves and uncurl themselves from the top of your ear haha. 

Never had a problem with it myself. I'm not even using the stock cable anymore, I use a silver cable and don't have a problem with that either over ears.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #3,147 of 7,699
Oh okay, I'm not planning on getting a silver cable until the stock ones break, which I'm hoping they never do.

I don't think I've ever had a problem with any of my cables on my IEMs, although reading several other users in this thread going through a few gets me worried. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #3,148 of 7,699
[size=medium]I just took delivery of my IE80’s from Amazon Italy.[/size]

[size=medium]Doing a burn in while I listen to some music at the moment.[/size]

[size=medium]I can see why people love them so much, the sound is fantastic![/size]

[size=medium]I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all the people here on head-fi.org for all the great help and reviews.[/size]

[size=medium]And a big thanks also to the user that provided the info on purchasing from Amazon Italy. It saved me a fortune as IE80’s retail for around $400 to $500 here in Australia.[/size]

[size=medium]I am really glad I purchased these. I haven’t taken them off since I got them a few hours ago.
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size]

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #3,149 of 7,699
Quote:
[size=medium]I just took delivery of my IE80’s from Amazon Italy.[/size]

[size=medium]Doing a burn in while I listen to some music at the moment.[/size]

[size=medium]I can see why people love them so much, the sound is fantastic![/size]

[size=medium]I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all the people here on head-fi.org for all the great help and reviews.[/size]

[size=medium]And a big thanks also to the user that provided the info on purchasing from Amazon Italy. It saved me a fortune as IE80’s retail for around $400 to $500 here in Australia.[/size]

[size=medium]I am really glad I purchased these. I haven’t taken them off since I got them a few hours ago.
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size]

Hey mate,

I just purchased them from the same place yesterday night!

Think it was like 206EUR all up including express 2-6 days postage right?

Do you know how long it will take? I'm guessing that it should get to me early next week if I ordered them last night? Postage also to Australia. 

On the site it still says "In shipping" and I haven't gotten any updates yet in regards to tracking number. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #3,150 of 7,699
I grabed mine last week when the dollar vs euro was a bit better so I paid about $257 AUD all up I think.

That included the express shipping from Amazon using UPS.

I ordered mine on Wednesday night (our time) and got them today.

They were actually in Australia on Sunday, but UPS do not deliver on the weekend.

I think you should have them by the end of the week.

Amazon italy were very fast in dispatching my order. It was sent out around midday on thursday (Italy time)

I think you will like the IE80's.

I am glad I bought them. And I can confirm they are genuine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back