Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #2,626 of 7,699
Quote:
"get the IE8, rip them apart, sent them in for a warranty replacement and recieve a ie80 back"

It says pretty clear, maybe you should re-read his post.

Get ie8.
Rip them apart.
Send them to Sennheiser.
Get Ie80.
Profit.

In his post, he clearly stated, rip them apart on purpose so you can warranty it to get IE80. That's just low, real low.

I can read. I just think he meant it as a joke suggestion for what to do, and not as a description for what he actually did.

Edit: I rephrased this post to avoid coming off as an a-hole myself.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #2,629 of 7,699
anybody here using the toxic cable with the ie80? im curious how would the ie80 perform with toxic cables since it got a lot of praise.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2,632 of 7,699
You get IE80's as replacement to the IE8 depending on local stock. The IE8's have been discontinued, but Sennheiser still has backstock on them. If you're from somewhere far from Europe, such as Canada; sometimes the distributor will send you the replacement.

You're more likely to get a replacement IE8 for your IE8, naturally; but since it's discontinued, yes, people will be getting IE80's instead.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #2,634 of 7,699
umm does anyone know why the ebay IE80s are getting sold for like less than 230-240 dollars, I highly doubt they are fake, but many people buy them.. If I buy it on ebay I can propably save around 200 dollars.. does anyone have a input on this.. the main concern is some of the sellers are from the UK.

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,635 of 7,699
You are taking a huge risk buying these. They are most likely fakes. Unless the seller is an authorized dealer you are just risking your money to try and save a few bucks.

Jun 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,637 of 7,699
Just got these and the Clip makes it sound like someone's taking their last breath when nothing's on. Is there a DAP out there which smothers that last breath with a pillow and kills the hiss?

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #2,638 of 7,699
I will be testing these today with a cowon s9 and some of my current obsessions. I will let you know if the s9 has the same hiss. I think I know exactly what you are talking about..many android phones exhibit this hiss from even the speaker if you listen closely enough after a notification or in between songs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #2,639 of 7,699
Just got these and the Clip makes it sound like someone's taking their last breath when nothing's on. Is there a DAP out there which smothers that last breath with a pillow and kills the hiss?

Im not sure what you mean by last breath but the the ipod video 5g didnt have a hiss and pair well with ie80.

Jun 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,640 of 7,699
Quote:
Congrats....you are very lucky!  It doesn't work that way in the US unfortunately.

Burtomr sorry to burst your bubble lol but my last pair of IE8s broke. The seller needed my help to get them replaced. They shipped me a brand new pair of IE80s instead of IE8s. So they do ship IE80s to the US as well for replacement. As a matter of fact I shipped them out to Brazil today just within the last hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back