Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #2,071 of 7,699

Quote:
If you can try and buy different types of tips. You want a decent seal but not too tight either. These aren't Shure IEMs where you need the absolute best seal to get the best sound. There are numbers different types of ear tips you can buy. Not sure where in Vienam though :p. Not even the large Sennheiser tips gave me a proper seal. I needed large single flanges from JVC to do the trick.

Well, I can always purchase them through eBay.
wink.gif
So JVC flanges? Have anyone tried Sony Hybrid ones with IE 80?

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #2,072 of 7,699
Yeah, but I stopped using it. It created pressure in my ear, thus leading to a severe headache.

It may be just me, but I found that hybrid tips wouldn't completely fit the nozzle. It fits, but it fits pretty unevenly/inconsistently.

My stock cable is perma-hardned. Pretty annoying. Actually, it's very annoying. Wish there was epic cable for IE80.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #2,073 of 7,699
Well, I just sold my IE80. I loved them but I figured it was time to go customs. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2,075 of 7,699

Quote:
Wow, so fast. :wink: Good luck with your customs, and I wish you a perfect fit.
biggrin.gif

Thanks! It's not actually that fast if you consider how long I've lived with the IE8, which to me is essentially the same as a IE80. These are truly awesome universal IEMs. Amongst the best I've ever heard. 

If you're talking about how quickly I managed to sell them upon putting up the classified...well, like I said in the listing, who WOULDN'T buy a IE80 brand new for only $299? It's a steal, if I may say so.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2,076 of 7,699

Quote:
Yeah, but I stopped using it. It created pressure in my ear, thus leading to a severe headache.

It may be just me, but I found that hybrid tips wouldn't completely fit the nozzle. It fits, but it fits pretty unevenly/inconsistently.

My stock cable is perma-hardned. Pretty annoying. Actually, it's very annoying. Wish there was epic cable for IE80.

Hm..thank you for your information, but I will try hybrids anyway as I just ordered them for my other iems.
So sorry for you. My cable is still in an excellent condition. How long have you used IE80?

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #2,077 of 7,699

Quote:

Hm..thank you for your information, but I will try hybrids anyway as I just ordered them for my other iems.
So sorry for you. My cable is still in an excellent condition. How long have you used IE80?

Quote:
Thanks! It's not actually that fast if you consider how long I've lived with the IE8, which to me is essentially the same as a IE80. These are truly awesome universal IEMs. Amongst the best I've ever heard. 

No, I mean it seems that you have sold them quite fast.
biggrin.gif

Oooops. Sorry for the double post.

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #2,078 of 7,699

Quote:
No, I mean it seems that you have sold them quite fast.
biggrin.gif

Oooops. Sorry for the double post.

Haha, well as I said...who WOULDN'T buy a IE80 brand new for only $299? It's a steal, if I may say so. I wouldn't have sold it for so little, but since I love the community here, I can't help but want to give someone a bargain. :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #2,079 of 7,699

Quote:
If you can try and buy different types of tips. You want a decent seal but not too tight either. These aren't Shure IEMs where you need the absolute best seal to get the best sound. There are numbers different types of ear tips you can buy. Not sure where in Vienam though :p. Not even the large Sennheiser tips gave me a proper seal. I needed large single flanges from JVC to do the trick.

You probably can find shops selling tips at around the Beyerdynamic Shop in Ho Chi Minh City, that was where i bought my DT880 some time ago, at real good prices too.

The Silver Galaxy is full silver cable, I sort of accidentally broke the solder at the entry connector to my right earphone, got it soldered back by a professional, lol.

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #2,080 of 7,699

Quote:
You probably can find shops selling tips at around the Beyerdynamic Shop in Ho Chi Minh City, that was where i bought my DT880 some time ago, at real good prices too.

The Silver Galaxy is full silver cable, I sort of accidentally broke the solder at the entry connector to my right earphone, got it soldered back by a professional, lol.

Sigh. Why am I not living in HCM? (Even distributors of custom IEMs are located there
frown.gif
) As for me who is located in Hanoi it won't help. It's better to get some from ebay.

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #2,082 of 7,699
Quote:
I have recently received my pair of IE 80. Big thanks to james444! I really like them, but I feel that I can't get a proper seal as I can't insert them deep enough. I have tried it with large stock tips. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Are you wearing them over the ear? They fit more securely that way than downward. Aside from that, you can try to stuff the silicon tips with foamies or de-cored Shure olives, as shown in this post.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #2,083 of 7,699
Are you wearing them over the ear? They fit more securely that way than downward. Aside from that, you can try to stuff the silicon tips with foamies or de-cored Shure olives, as shown in this post.

Sure, I am, but even wearing them like that doesn't give a feeling that I get a good and right fit.
Thank you for your advice. Maybe I will try it soon. :D
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Good two months I'd say.

Oh, it seems the cable is not very durable, but we will see how mine will be as the time goes.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #2,084 of 7,699
I sent in my IE8's for a replacement while it was still under warranty around December. Then Sennheiser told me they would be replacing it with the IE80's but that they were back ordered. We are now in April and now they are still back ordered even further!!! Every time I email support they tell me that it has been back ordered even further and then they "quickly" send me an E mail with the new order status... Is anyone else in the same situation as me? I don't think I can handle another back order...I think I have been very patient so far.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2,085 of 7,699

Quote:
Sure, I am, but even wearing them like that doesn't give a feeling that I get a good and right fit.
Thank you for your advice. Maybe I will try it soon.
biggrin.gif

If by any chance you can get hold of these stock tips for the EPH100, they work great for the IE80 and fit perfectly.

Quote:
I sent in my IE8's for a replacement while it was still under warranty around December. Then Sennheiser told me they would be replacing it with the IE80's but that they were back ordered. We are now in April and now they are still back ordered even further!!! Every time I email support they tell me that it has been back ordered even further and then they "quickly" send me an E mail with the new order status... Is anyone else in the same situation as me? I don't think I can handle another back order...I think I have been very patient so far.

Interesting. It's even rumored that Sennheiser may soon release a new version (IE10?) - if this is true your patience could be rewarded with just that. Speculation ... speculation ....

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. The pressure must be due to improper seal (airtight or near airtight). I have been using the IE80's all day long without any discomfort.

It's a shame the cable will respond to the coldness like that given the price for the IEM's. Luckily I don't have to worry about any temperatures below 60's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back