Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #2,056 of 7,699

Quote:
I must say my heart sank a little when I read this page. I also bought a new in box pair of ie80 from i2ehan. I received them last week. I am very happy with them, and they sound exactly as people describe. I prefer the sound over both my Tf10's and my MCPC. I believe they are real, but I doubt I will have any luck getting warranty if needed with the copy of the reciept that was emailed. It seems very odd that at least 3 of us have bought a nib pair of ie80's from the same person in the last week.

I think i2ehan's feedback speaks volumes. I'm sure that if he bought them from an authorised dealer, and eventually you have a warranty issue, he'll do all he can to help you sort things out.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #2,057 of 7,699
I agree that his feedback is great, that is why I bought them and I don't want anyone to think I am saying he is ripping people off. I am very happy with what I bought and the price I paid. I feel I got a good deal. My concern was more on warranty, these seem more likely to be a grey market item instead of a resale from someone who bought them from an authorized seller. Hopefully it won't matter for me. In the mean time I will keep on enjoying them for the truly impressive headphone that they are.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #2,063 of 7,699

Quote:
Lostid you think the IE80s are as good as they will get lol. If you only knew. That silver cable and the Studio V turns them into paradise. The V is super transparent and detailed and paired to the IE80, it really makes the IE80s detailed and balanced.

What silver cable ?

What is studio V ?   

Noob here ...

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #2,064 of 7,699

Quote:
Look up the Silver Galaxy Cable from Zeroshoe. You can haggle him down somewhat on the price as well by making an offer. Theres no point in burning them in. Just use them and they will burn in with usage. After the cable the only way to improve it further is to improve your source (a better DAP and lossless files). The Studio V so far IMO pairs the best with the IE80s.

What is the STudio V ? where to get that ?

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #2,066 of 7,699

Quote:

What is the STudio V ? where to get that ?

Yep dippo boy beat me to it. Its an audiophile DAP from Hisound Audio. Its a bit pricey these days but still an excellent DAP.

You can get the Silver Galaxy cable from the link below. Try and make him an offer as you may be able to save a bit more money that way as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Upgrade-Cable-for-SENNHEISER-IE8-Galaxy-silver-/120704302992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a897f90

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #2,067 of 7,699
When I purchased my IE80 from i2ehan, he included a copy of the Best Buy receipt. I think he may simply be selling for other people, as he told me that he was also selling his brother's IE80 at the same time and to not be alarmed if I saw the ad was still open. I'm pretty sure his IEMs are all from legit sources, and having spoken with him he seems like an extremely trust worthy fellow. So long as you have the receipt in any form you should be fine.

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #2,069 of 7,699
I have recently received my pair of IE 80. Big thanks to james444! I really like them, but I feel that I can't get a proper seal as I can't insert them deep enough. I have tried it with large stock tips. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #2,070 of 7,699

Quote:
I have recently received my pair of IE 80. Big thanks to james444! I really like them, but I feel that I can't get a proper seal as I can't insert them deep enough. I have tried it with large stock tips. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

If you can try and buy different types of tips. You want a decent seal but not too tight either. These aren't Shure IEMs where you need the absolute best seal to get the best sound. There are numbers different types of ear tips you can buy. Not sure where in Vienam though :p. Not even the large Sennheiser tips gave me a proper seal. I needed large single flanges from JVC to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back