Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #2,086 of 7,699

Quote:
If by any chance you can get hold of these stock tips for the EPH100, they work great for the IE80 and fit perfectly.

Interesting. It's even rumored that Sennheiser may soon release a new version (IE10?) - if this is true your patience could be rewarded with just that. Speculation ... speculation ....

Sorry to hear that. The pressure must be due to improper seal (airtight or near airtight). I have been using the IE80's all day long without any discomfort.

It's a shame the cable will respond to the coldness like that given the price for the IEM's. Luckily I don't have to worry about any temperatures below 60's.

Aww so you caved in and bought the EX1000s afterall :p. Curious to hear your impressions on them once you've received them.

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #2,087 of 7,699

Quote:
Aww so you caved in and bought the EX1000s afterall :p. Curious to hear your impressions on them once you've received them.

What you meant I bought? I was forced (and humbled) to receive a pair of EX1000 from Sony. Now the waiting from the fedex is painful ....

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #2,088 of 7,699

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. The pressure must be due to improper seal (airtight or near airtight). I have been using the IE80's all day long without any discomfort.

It's a shame the cable will respond to the coldness like that given the price for the IEM's. Luckily I don't have to worry about any temperatures below 60's.

Yeah, only with Sony Hybrids though. Stock tips are fine, so I switched to stock tips.

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #2,090 of 7,699

Quote:
lol Forced :wink:. Did they upgrade your EX600 to the EX1000?

Yes I upgraded to the EX1000, thanks to Sony's service center for running out of the EX600. I will update this thing at the EX600 thread soon with the latest surprise from Fedex.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #2,091 of 7,699

Quote:
Interesting. It's even rumored that Sennheiser may soon release a new version (IE10?) - if this is true your patience could be rewarded with just that. Speculation ... speculation ....

I seriously don't think this is going to be happening any time soon. They just refreshed the IE8 with the IE80. It's like 555 -> 558. I doubt they'll be doing anything soon.

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #2,092 of 7,699

Quote:
I seriously don't think this is going to be happening any time soon. They just refreshed the IE8 with the IE80. It's like 555 -> 558. I doubt they'll be doing anything soon.

Well although I never owned or tried the IE8, from the info I have read the IE80 is a slightly improvement to the IE8. Someone even reported no difference between the 8 and 80. So I won't be surprised if Sennheiser throw in the market a new version of IE. I hope they come up with a hybrid model combining dynamic and armature drivers.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #2,095 of 7,699

Quote:
Haha, I remember the IE10 talk. Everyone was like screw IE80, I am gonna get IE10.

Again, I'll believe it when I see it. And I don't think I'll be seeing it this year or any time soon.

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #2,097 of 7,699
Bokyung - do you still own the IE80 or have already sold it? If you still own, I suggest you contact Sennheiser about the cable hardening issue and see if there is anything they can do. There is no excuse for the cable hardening to the point compromising the serviceability.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,099 of 7,699

Quote:
Bokyung - do you still own the IE80 or have already sold it? If you still own, I suggest you contact Sennheiser about the cable hardening issue and see if there is anything they can do. There is no excuse for the cable hardening to the point compromising the serviceability.

I still have them, it's one of my daily IEM. Good idea about contacting Sennheiser. 

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2,100 of 7,699
I never thought I would spend more money on my 8 yrs old ipod. Well I have successfully upgraded the hard drive from 30GB to 120GB. No lag playing music with the new drive (that was my concern), and the only thing bothering me is on the back still showing 30 GB.

I am listening it now with the IE80.
normal_smile%20.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back