Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jun 22, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #6,991 of 7,998
cam you post some pictures?

I was considering to do the same mod.

thanks

Vesper audio responed and asked me to ship them back to get them fixed. I will upload a picture when they get it back to me. It looked very well done with the mmcx slightly protruding out of the bottom of the shell. However ive been having a hard time finding cables without molded earhooks as ie800s dont work over ear for me.

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #6,992 of 7,998
Vesper audio responed and asked me to ship them back to get them fixed. I will upload a picture when they get it back to me. It looked very well done with the mmcx slightly protruding out of the bottom of the shell. However ive been having a hard time finding cables without molded earhooks as ie800s dont work over ear for me.

thanks,
yes there are not too many cables without a ear hook, you should try with linum (http://linum.dk) or order a custom cable, they'll make it following all your inputs.

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #6,994 of 7,998
Hi! I tried to search through the thread but didnt get a straight answer, has anyone tried the new "sennheiser" line of comply tips with the IE800? I loved the sound of the IE800 but the tips kept falling off when walking, so comfort for me was a real issue.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/sen-isolation/

The problem is that all comply will change the sound like comply does to anything. . .

Spinfits work with ie800, and spinfits get a pretty good seal.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #6,995 of 7,998
Hi! I tried to search through the thread but didnt get a straight answer, has anyone tried the new "sennheiser" line of comply tips with the IE800? I loved the sound of the IE800 but the tips kept falling off when walking, so comfort for me was a real issue.

They don't actually fit the I800, just the momentums and a few other lower end models. I remember someone in this thread had to find out the hard way and the complys actually damaged the ie800s mesh trying to force on the "compatible" foams.

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #6,996 of 7,998
They don't actually fit the I800, just the momentums and a few other lower end models. I remember someone in this thread had to find out the hard way and the complys actually damaged the ie800s mesh trying to force on the "compatible" foams.

Thank you for letting us know! Seems that I missed - or forgot about that part...

If I'm not mistaken, someone did manage to use ie800 with comply at some point, but I honestly forgot which model and how they managed to.

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #6,997 of 7,998
Thank you for letting us know! Seems that I missed - or forgot about that part...

If I'm not mistaken, someone did manage to use ie800 with comply at some point, but I honestly forgot which model and how they managed to.

These new custom ones that Comply made do fit, and stay. I have them. Refer to this link, they say "IE 800" as a supported model:

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #6,999 of 7,998
How is the comfort and how do they sound?

Just like what you'd expect from Comply tips. I'm honestly not a fan of Comply, in my ears their tips slightly muffle the sound. I use these only in noisy situations, because the isolation of Senn's stock tips are poor.

But the comfort and isolation are great, and these custom tips do stay in place (don't fall out).

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #7,000 of 7,998
Just like what you'd expect from Comply tips. I'm honestly not a fan of Comply, in my ears their tips slightly muffle the sound. I use these only in noisy situations, because the isolation of Senn's stock tips are poor.

But the comfort and isolation are great, and these custom tips do stay in place (don't fall out).

Good to know.

One thing I did when one of my stock tips kept coming off is that I squeezed the tip evenly all around. Now when you do this, it doesn't appear that it makes a difference since the plastic used for the tip connection is a bit hard, but I just put some muscle to it and it worked for me. The tell tale click one hears when properly attached to the IE 800 was more noticeable after my effort.

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #7,001 of 7,998
Good to know.

One thing I did when one of my stock tips kept coming off is that I squeezed the tip evenly all around. Now when you do this, it doesn't appear that it makes a difference since the plastic used for the tip connection is a bit hard, but I just put some muscle to it and it worked for me. The tell tale click one hears when properly attached to the IE 800 was more noticeable after my effort.

I have not tried this yet since the tips stay in place - but then again, spinfits stayed in place, and even some random silicone tips stayed in place as well for me.

A little side note: Please remember that ie800 is one of the most beautiful IEMs I had to date:

v7RbPqvh.jpg

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #7,002 of 7,998
I have not tried this yet since the tips stay in place - but then again, spinfits stayed in place, and even some random silicone tips stayed in place as well for me.

A little side note: Please remember that ie800 is one of the most beautiful IEMs I had to date:

v7RbPqvh.jpg

I agree about the beauty of the design. :beerchug:

Jul 6, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #7,003 of 7,998
I will actually receive some more expensive IEMs soon and will compare them with ie800. iSine seems to have a very different signature that might not appeal to us ie800 lovers......

Also, I found my end-game portable DAC/AMP in iDSD Black Label - this wicked witchery box does much more than I expected a DAC/AMP to do.

How about re2000 compared to IE800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back