Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 14, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #6,436 of 7,998
I
I am running mine out of my Flammable Note7.

I run them within 1 click of max.  They require a bit of Juice to run them.

They sound Good, but nothing like off a headphone amp which really wakes them up.

I run mine from iphone 7 and ipad air 2. Tried against mojo many times but cant hear any difference.

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #6,437 of 7,998
I

I run mine from iphone 7 and ipad air 2. Tried against mojo many times but cant hear any difference.

I don't have any Portable Headphone Amps.  The headphone amps I was referring to are larger desktop amps.  They make quite a difference to me.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #6,439 of 7,998
I just sent back an A&K Jr too and bought an LG G5 with the DAC/amp module.
I wish I could hear these closer to home but I don't even think they've got a set at Richer Sounds in the nearest city.
If I buy them from Amazon I can send them back, but I just sent back that A&K DAP and a pair of Fidues. Don't want to start taking the piss with returns.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #6,440 of 7,998
  I just sent back an A&K Jr too and bought an LG G5 with the DAC/amp module.
I wish I could hear these closer to home but I don't even think they've got a set at Richer Sounds in the nearest city.
If I buy them from Amazon I can send them back, but I just sent back that A&K DAP and a pair of Fidues. Don't want to start taking the piss with returns.

Did you not like JR? 

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #6,442 of 7,998
  I just didn't think it was worth the money as well as having to carry another device around. So I went with a new phone and DAC/amp.

I've recently put down my portable stack in favor of the LG V20... can't say I have many regrets... the Sine could use a little more juice as the phone sees impedance below 50 ohms as "easy to drive" and drops power output.  1 click below max is still loud enough but I would like more adjustability which lower volume tracks.  Other than that one specific case this phone completely destroyed my idea of what audio quality is possible out of a phone.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #6,443 of 7,998
Dear all.

Could you be so kind to give me a piece of advice:

Is it possible\necessary to recable ie800?
The main problem for me that I cant wear them over-ear and I start thinking of recabeling.
Does anybody made a recabelling? and what's changed?

Kind regards.
Vlad

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #6,444 of 7,998
It is possible, but requires al lot of skill and luck. I do not advise this since earphone's stock cable still functioning or since you are not really good in recabling. You can also google my nickname to see recabled exemplars.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #6,445 of 7,998
  Dear all.

Could you be so kind to give me a piece of advice:

Is it possible\necessary to recable ie800?
The main problem for me that I cant wear them over-ear and I start thinking of recabeling.
Does anybody made a recabelling? and what's changed?

Kind regards.
Vlad

It is possible, but requires al lot of skill and luck. I do not advise this since earphone's stock cable still functioning or since you are not really good in recabling. You can also google my nickname to see recabled exemplars.

Exactly like @Vesperaudio  said, you could recable them, but it's a pretty bad idea i they still work. I also advice against wearing ie800 over the ear at this moment, it changes sound a bit too much and you might not like the changes made as much as you like them at this moment. 

Ie800 is best work straight down and that is true, you can check my method of stopping the cable noise with them using the included cable separator! 

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #6,446 of 7,998
you know this is the thread that i visit when i sometimes get frustrated with everything i own besides ie800, and in such cases i pop in my ie800 and i am  in total happiness

the ie800 simply rocks, i did a nice mod where i am using jvc spiral dots and the results are amazing

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #6,447 of 7,998
  you know this is the thread that i visit when i sometimes get frustrated with everything i own besides ie800, and in such cases i pop in my ie800 and i am  in total happiness

the ie800 simply rocks, i did a nice mod where i am using jvc spiral dots and the results are amazing

What mod did you use?

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #6,448 of 7,998
a genius mod @H20Fidelity thought about it and now i use accross my iems

I wonder if he remmebers his suggestion of that mod :)

I will wait a day before I put pictures and see if he still remmebers

he mentioned it in the ibasso it03 thread

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #6,449 of 7,998
  a genius mod @H20Fidelity thought about it and now i use accross my iems

I wonder if he remmebers his suggestion of that mod :)

I will wait a day before I put pictures and see if he still remmebers

he mentioned it in the ibasso it03 thread

Look forward to your pics ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back