Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #6,181 of 7,998
Anyone have both ie800 and er4s/p? How about er4 imaging, separation and soundstage compared to 800? No need to compare bass. :grin:

Also curious about this - I understood that er4 has a very dry sound - extremely precise - it would be cool to grab a pair for portable use if they manage to come close to ie800 in some aspects. I might be missin' that bass tho... I love the bass of ie800.... 

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #6,182 of 7,998
Also curious about this - I understood that er4 has a very dry sound - extremely precise - it would be cool to grab a pair for portable use if they manage to come close to ie800 in some aspects. I might be missin' that bass tho... I love the bass of ie800.... 

I found I just like neutral sound more and more. But I saw people say though er4 do not have bass quantity, but quality is very good.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #6,183 of 7,998
I found I just like neutral sound more and more. But I saw people say though er4 do not have bass quantity, but quality is very good.

Quality of bass is important - but !!! 

If say, it doesn't have enough and I increase dat bass in them - they either keep the quality or distort. This is what makes ie800 so amazing - they have both quantity and quality of the bass  I never have heard a better bass from an IEM or a headphone.. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #6,184 of 7,998

Quality of bass is important - but !!! 

....................I never have heard a better bass from an IEM or a headphone.. 

Wish my HD800S had the same base.
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #6,185 of 7,998
these tips fit amazingly and do not pop out in the ear at all

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171087278822?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #6,187 of 7,998

Do they change the sound quality?

yes they do as the bore is small, so expect a bit sound change making it more smooth in the highs

finally tips that really work amazing with ie800

and yes they change abit the sig but nothing to complain about

perfect easy fit everytime and perfect seal

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #6,190 of 7,998
Ie800 doesn't really burn in.... And even if it would, wouldn't you want to hear the burn in?...

There definitely is a burn in for the IE800's

I have been testing them every 4-5 hours. They sounded terrible yesterday when I got them out of the box. I don't think everything needed a burn in but these definitely sound better as you go. They were not tolerable yesterday. MY FLC8S also needed burn in but to a lesser degree than the IE800's. The Monk + I got were fantastic right out of the package.

Did you have a new or a used pair of IE800 when you got them?

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #6,191 of 7,998

There definitely is a burn in for the IE800's

I have been testing them every 4-5 hours. They sounded terrible yesterday when I got them out of the box. I don't think everything needed a burn in but these definitely sound better as you go. They were not tolerable yesterday. MY FLC8S also needed burn in but to a lesser degree than the IE800's. The Monk + I got were fantastic right out of the package.

Did you have a new or a used pair of IE800 when you got them?

Bought used used -> cable hardened because I sweat a lot -> Got new from Senn -> this happened again -> Got new from Senn. 

You gotta commend them on their excellent customer service. The latest revisions don't get any hardened cables anymore, personally confirmed this. 

So I went through more than one pair with the burn in and things. 

I am not sure I ever got burn in with them - they sounded excellent out of the box and now. 

If you're talking about the treble - it requires some getting used to at first - but it's excellent. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #6,192 of 7,998

Bought used used -> cable hardened because I sweat a lot -> Got new from Senn -> this happened again -> Got new from Senn. 

You gotta commend them on their excellent customer service. The latest revisions don't get any hardened cables anymore, personally confirmed this. 

So I went through more than one pair with the burn in and things. 

I am not sure I ever got burn in with them - they sounded excellent out of the box and now. 

If you're talking about the treble - it requires some getting used to at first - but it's excellent. 

I found the bass a little bloated and the highs more shrill upon initial listen.  I regularly switch up my headphones so the "brain burn-in" effect doesn't apply as much as someone who regularly utilizes a singular headphone.  Never much liked the term "burn-in" any way... always associated that with tubes.  I tend use to break-in when referring to headphones/iems as I feel it more accurately represents what is physically going on.  Under that umbrella I can throw things like pad/tip changes as well as anything going on in the driver itself.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #6,193 of 7,998
To those using the ie800 on an iphone 7+, or any iphone, what's the usual listening level you do? ie800 seems harder to drive a bit than my previous iems, i'm at around 60% volume level in our office and have to go higher when using it outside... thanks in advance :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #6,194 of 7,998
  To those using the ie800 on an iphone 7+, or any iphone, what's the usual listening level you do? ie800 seems harder to drive a bit than my previous iems, i'm at around 60% volume level in our office and have to go higher when using it outside... thanks in advance :)

Ie800 is harder to drive than probably all other IEMs in the world. 

don't own an iphone - but ie800 is harder to drive than some of my full headphones. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #6,195 of 7,998
^thanks for that, appreciate it a lot :) was thinking if maybe there's something wrong with my hearing since i'm needing to increase the volume by a bit than i'm accustomed to. Except for needing the higher volume though, SQ is all smooth and great, actually wondering why it took me a long time to audition them since the first time i put them in my ears i was sure it was my type of sound and will surely get it. A worthy upgrade to my TF10 and UM3x RC, which suddenly sounded dull when i listened to them just now as i was comparing the volume levels. A bit biased since i'm still in the honeymoon stage with the ie800 and really love it hehe... But i'm sure the TF10 will have a place in my gear lineup, its a classic after all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back