Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 17, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #6,166 of 7,998
  Technically your assumption is not true. The maker can simply reengineer everything, and while in a research sense there sure will be differences, they are sufficiently small to be not apparent even for a well trained person, as Rob80b's report showed.

Quote:
Otherwise, it's unthinkable why they didn't create a new brand.

Why should they do so? Advertising an "IE800" yields more customers and business than advertising an xyz4711... 

I agree with you. Your arguments are more convincing!

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #6,168 of 7,998

Not necessary. There so many different DIY/clones of IE800 on Taobao and ali. There might be some really good ones.

Regardless....and it has been brought up in the fake ie800 thread...most distressing is the fact that there may be many who believe they have purchased a legit, real ie800s...sad but true....right now there is a vendor on ebay selling multiple refurbs, well they may be refurbs but of copies (fakes)...check the backward "S" on the connector.......
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #6,169 of 7,998

Regardless....and it has been brought up in the fake ie800 thread...most distressing is the fact that there may be many who believe they have purchased a legit, real ie800s...sad but true....right now there is a vendor on ebay selling multiple refurbs, well they may be refurbs but of copies (fakes)...check the backward "S" on the connector.......
rolleyes.gif

I can confirm - the originals have the S the other way around, 

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #6,170 of 7,998
Regardless....and it has been brought up in the fake ie800 thread...most distressing is the fact that there may be many who believe they have purchased a legit, real ie800s...sad but true....right now there is a vendor on ebay selling multiple refurbs, well they may be refurbs but of copies (fakes)...check the backward "S" on the connector.......:rolleyes:

This is too easy to clone wrongly. Do you think the fake makers purposely made it like this to let people know theirs are fake! This is strange and interesting.

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #6,171 of 7,998
This is too easy to clone wrongly. Do you think the fake makers purposely made it like this to let people know theirs are fake! This is strange and interesting.

The Chinese make very simple errors like this with Letters, very common.

Because these are not the letters they use, they don't see these problems and they go uncorrected.  

To coin a phrase, "these characters are foreign to them"

How would you do with writing Chinese characters?

BMW  or BWM

you would not make that mistake, but they would.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #6,172 of 7,998

Well as I posted in the the fake thread.
..............  Wonder if the reversed S was done on purpose, but it's only done on one side????  (the two shown are both copies)

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #6,173 of 7,998
Though ive said this before, ive just got a pair. These are it. Easy to insert, with a godlike sound. My search has ended- its my sound sig to a tee..

I got these as my Lyras broke within two weeks, so i grabbed these. Now im glad my Lyras broke, lol

I use it with a Pioneer XDP-100R - reading through this thread, some have said it hasn't got the drive. Nope- sounds amazing. Quality DAP is all you need. I'm at 110db max, and it's plenty with all the control required.

I find it REALLY hard to pull them out of my head, as they're so damn enjoyable:)

EDIT: Damn things are awesome. I reiterate- these ARE NOT HARD TO DRIVE! my DAP drives them just fine.. they have everything i need:)

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #6,174 of 7,998
Picked up my pair of IE800's and got them for sonicelectronix.

Regardless, I went on the fake IE800 thread to make sure that mine were legit. I am 98% sure they are legit but I might post some photos up tomorrow just to check.

They didn't sound that great out of the box but I have heard the IEM's in store at the sennheiser store. I know what to expect. Just waiting for it to burn in. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #6,177 of 7,998
I never heard any change with ie800 after burn in.

It sounds the same since day one

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #6,178 of 7,998
I never heard any change with ie800 after burn in.

It sounds the same since day one

And that sound is marvelous ! :D

Would you believe me if I said that I prefer ie800 over everything else as far as signatures go ?

But yeah, I never seen any changes in SQ or in Fr with ie800 or most headphones / IEMs ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back