Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #2,927 of 7,998
Thank you I'll give it try when I get home.

If you haven't washed the tips thoroughly in a dish of very soapy water (and carefully rinsed and carefully dried) and also carefully and very thoroughly dry wiped the edges of the nozzle with a microfiber cloth, then that would be the first thing to do.

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #2,928 of 7,998

The first generation ie800 the entire cable was stiff, almost clothes hanger stiff.   The next gen the cable only seems to stiffen on the upper left near the driver.   The stiffness is problematic because it pushes up and can feel uncomfortable and possibly completely dislodge.   There might be 3rd gen that does not have this problem at all.   Might be more like finding a unicorn though..

My old IE800 (S/N 08340) is still supple like the day I bought it, no stiffness, no problems whatsoever.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #2,929 of 7,998
Is there anything I can do to keep the tips from disconnecting? Or do I need to send them in for repair?

I just clean the the rubber eartips with dish liquid and water, then rinse and dry thoroughly. It cuts the oils from your skin that builds up over time which causes the tip to slide off. For the earpiece housing tip, I just use a dry cloth to wipe down the connecting ring that the rubber ear tip clicks onto.

Sorry, similar info was also given by Kulun 

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #2,930 of 7,998
I just clean the the rubber eartips with dish liquid and water, then rinse and dry thoroughly. It cuts the oils from your skin that builds up over time which causes the tip to slide off. For the earpiece housing tip, I just use a dry cloth to wipe down the connecting ring that the rubber ear tip clicks onto.

Sorry, similar info was also given by Kulun 

Great minds think alike.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #2,931 of 7,998
Okay so I ordered some IE800s off Amazon as a celebration of getting a massive raise.....
Here's what I get.
Wow Amazon.
What happened to quality control?
d956f6f9105285a7b26d8125a5530772.jpg
6f167a945a2a3649888ae5da20b76b86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #2,933 of 7,998
I ordered an open box. Wasn't worth the ~150 I saved by going this route. On the flip side I actually get a slight discount on new ones plus free next day shipping on those.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #2,935 of 7,998
WOW!  You may have gotten ripped off!

THAT IS NOT AN IE800!!!  (unless I am not aware of a completely new housing change?)

Did you receive yet?

I got it today, and I sent it right back, after having a chat with an Amazon agent. Thank God I ordered an Amazon warehouse deal instead of through a 3rd party!

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #2,938 of 7,998
  Good job!  Make sure everything goes though.  I find this really alarming....the photos are blatently wrong and not even close to the original.

it is probably ie80?

It's definitely an IE80 and it looks like Amazon might have gotten scammed by someone who ordered a new IE800 and then returned his used IE80.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #2,940 of 7,998
Amazon is like WalMart.  You can return anything in any condition and they don't care.  Since they are so big, it is easier for them to just accept any return then to scrutinize every one.  That is why there is so much scamming on Amazon.  If you read any of the posts by Schiit founder Jason Stoddard, he has a chapter on scammers and Amazon.  People do things like buy a Lyr then when it gets delivered they claim they didn't receive it.  Then they proceed to post pictures of the item on their Facebook and Twitter.  One guy even claimed he didn't receive the item so Amazon refunded him and withdrew the money from Schiit's account, then the guy had the nerve to call Schiit and ask questions about the item he supposedly didn't receive. He even emailed them and asked for a replacement pair of tubes for an amp he was never supposed to receive.  Schiit sent all the proof to Amazon and they still told him they don't care--if the customer claims they didn't receive the item--they get refunded with no questions asked 100% of the time.  That is why I would never ever ever sell anything on Amazon or even Ebay.  Ebay does care a little and will do a little investigation at least; but it's best to only deal local with people in person if you can. Or buy and sell audio gear on Head-Fi with people who have a good reputation here as scamming doesn't seem to be prevalent here as it is on Amazon.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back