Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
May 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #7,921 of 8,119
But still I would like a few cable recomendations under 50$ I'm not new to the audiophile game so I understand the "benefits" of silver, occ, litz and other materials. I just want a cable that is not stock please under 50$

May 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #7,922 of 8,119
Quote:
But still I would like a few cable recomendations under 50$ I'm not new to the audiophile game so I understand the "benefits" of silver, occ, litz and other materials. I just want a cable that is not stock please under 50$

I suggest you do a search on ebay. I don't think many IE8/IE80 owners purchase the cheaper cables when upgrading. They tend to go for pure silver cable which seems to give the best results on the IE8s/IE80s. My first upgrade cable was a cheaper silver plated copper cable. I did also enjoy its sound and found it to be an upgrade in sound over the original cable. But in terms of durability and reliability I don't think so. Not saying you won't find a reliable cable in the price point. But I'm not sure of it either. I ended up sending the cable back in for repair and at that time I decided I'd just pay the additional to upgrade the cable to pure silver cable. In the end I did enjoy the pure silver cable and found the refinements in sound to be worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=IE80s+cable&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1&_nkw=IE8+cable&_sacat=0

May 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #7,923 of 8,119
I know the OP does not want a debate on the merit of cables but just remember. The brain is amazing and psychoacoustics are very powerful.
To the OP. A lot of what you are paying for in an aftermarket cable is quality materials and terminations. Personally I would not expect a sub $ 50 cable to have this benefit. I would either forget about cables or prepare to empty your wallet.

May 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #7,924 of 8,119
Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

You obviously have not ventured into the custom cables territory in ebay.
You will be surprised once you do.

Regarding cables doing different stuffs and said to sweeten certain areas of the music spectrum, thats their claim, not mine.

May 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #7,927 of 8,119
Quote:
You obviously have not ventured into the custom cables territory in ebay.
You will be surprised once you do.

Regarding cables doing different stuffs and said to sweeten certain areas of the music spectrum, thats their claim, not mine.

lol muscular yes he has. Actually on my recommendation regarding the silver galaxy cable. Seller zeroshoe use to sell pure silver cables and his prices were among the lowest. Although he no longer sells pure silver cables anymore. Even burtomor was very skeptical and took me through the ringer before he opted for one lol. In the end he heard the differences for himself :). What I liked about zeroshoe is that he accommodated me even after the warranty period for the cable. I paid a small fee (I think $30.00) and he changed out the 3.5 jack, the cable sheathing (that surprised me) and upgraded the socket pins to ones that look like the ones on the IE80 stock cable. Pretty much the cable looked brand new again....  The RMA cable was So much much more sturdy after that. Although I did move on and sold the gear. I'm sure it's still kicking for the new owner though :). I suggest if anyone opts for upgrade cables make sure it has the pin connectors like the IE8/IE80 stock cable. Otherwise it will not last long. If you need a reference on what the plugs look like, take a look at Toxic cables IE8/IE80 cable. Those are the pin connectors you want for durability/longevity.

May 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #7,928 of 8,119
Quote:
...their cables to do different stuffs and wonders.

muscular,

What I was pondering was not upgrade cables....it was your strange description, or some really unusual new English grammar. I thought it was very funny by the way, no offense.

And lee is quite correct...Silver Cables made a big difference with my IE-80's. I highly recommend them.

May 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #7,929 of 8,119
Quote:

muscular,

What I was pondering was not upgrade cables....it was your strange description, or some really unusual new English grammar. I thought it was very funny by the way, no offense.

And lee is quite correct...Silver Cables made a big difference with my IE-80's. I highly recommend them.

The use of stuffs is a general term to describe the cables changing certain musicality on the iems.

I used wonders because while I had seen their claims, I am baffled as well. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #7,930 of 8,119
Well bummer. I was listening to my IE8s at work and all of a sudden, I lost all sound on the right side. I determined that it was a cable problem after switching ear pieces and using my phone and computer to make sure it wasn't my Cowon S9. I'm assuming having the IE8s for almost 3.5 years is way out of warranty. Any <$50 cable replacements or should I just upgrade it?

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #7,933 of 8,119
Thanks a lot for suggestion ... I have sent my IE8s under warranty ... it was taking a long time and Sennheiser have not only sent me new IE8s (without the hard case) but are also sending me a new IE80 model as compensation for a very long response time. I for one have become a loyal lifetime fan & customer of the brand :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back