Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #6,767 of 8,119
It's hard to tell whether they were designed for slow insertion, but to my taste that's how they perform their best. Notice that many other type of IEM's are designed to go much further into your ear canal like the Klipsch Image x-5 or the Etys ER series. Most of those  perform very poorly if there's any leak in the seal at all. For instance, many TF-10 owners report week bass and thin sound, but the bass performance of those plugs are in par with the IE-8 if you get an airtight seal. The consumer target for the later(IE-8) are sound engineers and other professionals that would use these for monitoring, Sennheiser designer's might have had in mind frequent removing and insertion so they likely wanted to make these plugs attractive for that purpose. It serves the rest of us well...

Quote:

I tried the UE medium single flange and found out that the IE8 sound their best with this tip than any in my arsenal. It seems the IE8 sounds best with shallow insertion. Are they designed to be used that way ?  I will keep experimenting with other tips.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #6,768 of 8,119
hi so i got the ie8's delivered just now and they are the real deal from advancedmp3players!! Out of the box they sound good but the bass impact is a little light and muddy! Is this to be expected and will the bass get better over time after the burn in?

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #6,769 of 8,119
Hey, 
I'm relatively new to headphones and I'm looking for a new pair of over-ear headphones.  I'm just looking for a nice pair of headphones.  I listen mostly to rap, RnB, and hip hop.  My price limit is around $300.  I don't really know what I'm looking for, so do you guys have any suggestions?

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #6,771 of 8,119

If you have a good source, get the Senn HD-600, you should find a pair around your budget. Highly recommended.
Quote:
Hey, 
I'm relatively new to headphones and I'm looking for a new pair of over-ear headphones.  I'm just looking for a nice pair of headphones.  I listen mostly to rap, RnB, and hip hop.  My price limit is around $300.  I don't really know what I'm looking for, so do you guys have any suggestions?

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #6,772 of 8,119
Been having some connection issues with my IE8, wonder if anyone knows why or how to fix it.
The sound sometimes cuts out (losing some of the frequencies, especially mids), and I need to rotate the jack in its place, or hold the strain relief against the jack for the sound to be properly restored. Another alternative that seems to work is using a little amp (like the PA2V2), but I don't always have an amp on me.

The problem's worse with my MacBook than my iPod. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #6,773 of 8,119

Quote:
Been having some connection issues with my IE8, wonder if anyone knows why or how to fix it.
The sound sometimes cuts out (losing some of the frequencies, especially mids), and I need to rotate the jack in its place, or hold the strain relief against the jack for the sound to be properly restored. Another alternative that seems to work is using a little amp (like the PA2V2), but I don't always have an amp on me.

The problem's worse with my MacBook than my iPod. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

sounds like you're having cable problems sinc you have to tweak the strain relief/areas near the jack to solve the problem, if they're still under warranty, contact lord sennheiser (doesn't sennheiser invoke images of some germanic barbarian?) JKJK

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #6,774 of 8,119

Quote:
sounds like you're having cable problems sinc you have to tweak the strain relief/areas near the jack to solve the problem, if they're still under warranty, contact lord sennheiser (doesn't sennheiser invoke images of some germanic barbarian?) JKJK

LOLOLOL

'K, time to look for the local Sennheiser rep. What's his name again?

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #6,776 of 8,119

Quote:
Does anyone know how the warranty works if you need a cable replacement? Do I just need to send just the wire that needs replacement or the full unit (wire + driver)?

give lord sennheiser's underlings a call informing them of your situation

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #6,778 of 8,119

Quote:
hi so i got the ie8's delivered just now and they are the real deal from advancedmp3players!! Out of the box they sound good but the bass impact is a little light and muddy! Is this to be expected and will the bass get better over time after the burn in?

I was very dissapointed when I first got my IE8's. I could not believe what a muddy and coloured sound they had. 50 hrs continuous playing music through them improved things a lot. 200 hrs I felt that they had changed again and were listenable but still dissapointing. Recently they have been sounding superb. I don't know if it is the effect of the very cold weather affecting the silicon tips. I will have to give them a listen in the warm...

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #6,779 of 8,119
Well after a few days burn in I am happy to report the sound quality is improving alot especially the bass! It has become more full and tightened up alot. I'm really impressed with the separation aswell I've never heard anything like it. Everything seems to be in the right place without being drowned out. Really glad they don't sound like they did out of the box which is pretty poor to be honest!!

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #6,780 of 8,119
I just had a dream that my IE8s (which are supposed to be arriving today) finally came, but when I opened up the box, an IE7 fell out. This was a disappointing development. After waking up, it took me some time to realize in my semi-concious state that my package really hadn't arrived yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back