Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #6,226 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11
@sdotfire: If I remember correctly, you can Rockbox an iMod.

Yeah I did some research and called Ken Ball, I was thought the iMod was just a program or something. I was completly wrong
ksc75smile.gif
, I am going to try Rockbox on my iPod and go from there. ALO sells a cable now for the iPhone/iPod so I might just try getting an amp if I am not satisfied and then do the iMod or buy a new PMP if I absolutely have to.

Once I Rockbox my iPod can I go back to the OF? I'm assuming so but just want to be sure.

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #6,227 of 8,119
For those who like the IE8, there's some MX 980 user who claimed that MX 980 is better than IE8
biggrin.gif

I'm not that interested in IEMs, but I do interested in reviews and opinions
smily_headphones1.gif
what struck me is, that whilst MX 980 is considered better than IE8 for some people who claim to have both (and cheaper too!), how about it's IEM brother? The CX 980?

Since it might not do justice to compare IEM with earbud (which once again...in this rare case, earbud is the winner according to some opinions), I would find it interesting to see a comparison of IE8 and CX980 from the IEMs lovers
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #6,228 of 8,119
Well today my IE8 gets here. And I am excited. But sadly all my Ipods are gone... Repair takes a longer time than expected. And out of my pc it's just like trying to force sound trough a pipe filled with crap.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #6,229 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdotfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I just jumped the gun WAY too early on these IEM's. After a full night of burn in they sound incredible on my computer, with a little EQing they are just unreal. Seemingly, able to handle everything I can through at them. Now, I just need to get them to be able to sound this way on the go. Seriously, I love them on my computer, they are unreal, but on my iPhone they are just good but not incredible. So should I get a new PMP or an amp? I also have a 160G iPod (newest generation I think) but mainly use my iPhone, will switch and get the iMod if I have to. My biggest problem is that all of Apples PMP's have restricted EQ settings. Are there amps capable of changing up to ten frequency levels or am I going to have to upgrade to a better PMP (or iMod). Thanks in advance for the help.

A new pmp is the way to go! After my EQ for the Cowon S9, the IE8 is perfect and handles anything and everything with seemingly no flaws! Click the link for my EQ iAudiophile.net Forums - View Single Post - JetEffect 3.0, BBE+ Settings

Honestly, can't tell you enough how much I LOVE my IE8 now whereas without EQ it was more a case of 'hmm the IE8 weren't all that I expected...' there's the factor that not every IE8 is tuned exactly the same and we hear differently etc. but the EQ I made is perfect for me (I'm a sound engineer in training btw).

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #6,230 of 8,119
Well I've had mine for just under 2 weeks now, at the beginning I couldn't recognize a difference between my IE8's and CX 300 Mark II's however now, after lots of listening (no purpose burn-in, just listening to lots of music on the bus and such) I can hear the sound as slightly changed to a warmer sound and the bass has improved.

I decided to listen to my CX 300's the other day and there's loads of sibilance and not as much depth in the sound. As well as that, I can recognize the IE8's soundstage and the sound is pretty impressive and this is about after an accumulated time of 20 hours listening so it can only get better.

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #6,236 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was today seeking for a replacement cable and found this:
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/headphones/sennheiser-ie8-replacement-cable.asp

Is this a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.
wink_face.gif

I could buy two for that price..... Two 4 bedroom detached houses that is and still have change left over for an Aston Martin DB7 and Audi R8 Spyder!
biggrin.gif

Or it would buy you approx 5,714 Senn Ie8's!

The choice is yours... lol

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #6,239 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could buy two for that price..... Two 4 bedroom detached houses that is and still have change left over for an Aston Martin DB7 and Audi R8 Spyder!
biggrin.gif

Or it would buy you approx 5,714 Senn Ie8's!

The choice is yours... lol

I've actually heard rumors that that cable has the ability to cure any AIDS.

(For the price, I sure hope it does)

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #6,240 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do the highs compare to the westone 3???? i am very curious thanks

To my ears, the Westone 3 highs are more prominent and more extended. I use the long Comply tips with the Westone 3s and the Comply T400s for the IE8s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back