Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #5,776 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm finding the IE8 does not do great with jazz... The individual instruments sound fine, but it's too big, too airy--the instruments seem so far apart from one another.The intimate quartet is spread too far apart! Does that match anyone else's experience?
Loving everything else so far!

Edit: never mind, may have been the record. Listening to other stuff I'm quite happy with...

I don't know about that @ Imackler. About 80 percent of my music collection is jazz (jazz music critic by trade) and the ie8 soundstage seems to work just fine. So what are you looking for with jazz? If you're looking for an intimate up-close in the studio sound, the TF10s may serve you better. But if you want jazz musicians spread around the stage and more of a live presentation, I would go with the ie8. Musicians don't just stand and huddle as close as possible to each other from my experiences unless the stage dictates that.

Edit: Oh, just saw your edit...lol. Cool.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #5,778 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTD131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Share you favorite piece(s) of music to listen to with their ie8's that really take them closest to their full potential...

Anyone, please.

I find watching DVD's with these astounding, btw

That sounds like a great topic for a new thread.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #5,779 of 8,119
Is it important to keep the IE8s in their case? It is really tricky getting them to fit! Yet, I've never seen iems that have a little pack of that drying agent they always remind not to eat and a little secret compartment for the aforementioned drying agent. Anyone experience problems from not keeping them in there? Everything fits fine but the jack!

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #5,781 of 8,119
Quote:

Is it important to keep the IE8s in their case? It is really tricky getting them to fit! Yet, I've never seen iems that have a little pack of that drying agent they always remind not to eat and a little secret compartment for the aforementioned drying agent. Anyone experience problems from not keeping them in there? Everything fits fine but the jack!

I love the secret compartment for legally keeping a little pack of a green or brown substance we're always reminded not to ingest
biggrin.gif
It seems to work wonders, instantly taking your listening experience to the next level, feeling immersed in song, so just sit back, relax, and have a cigar..

You're gonna go far,
You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it, if you try;
They're gonna love you.

-Pink Floyd

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #5,782 of 8,119
Quote:

Someone, way back in this thread IIRC, put me wise on this.
Drop the jack through the hole in the tray.
Place the earpieces in the cut outs then wind the cord around the indents in the tray.
You should find the plug then loops neatly into the tray, tucked under the wound wire.
The supplied box is always going to be a little fiddly and you have to allow a couple of minutes to stow the 'phones.
Shows a bit of respect for your £200 IEM's IMO.
I like knowing that they are stored in optimum conditions.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #5,783 of 8,119
The case is overengineered bulls**t, please excuse my French. You'd be more likely do damage the cable in there, with all that tight winding around the spindle if you use it frequently. Not to mention the memory effect on the cable. It took me weeks to get a straight cable after first unpacking the IE8 from their case.

I'm using a Shure or Future Sonics hard case for my IE8, way less hassle, way faster, and way less silly.

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #5,784 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The case is overengineered bulls**t, please excuse my French. You'd be more likely do damage the cable in there, with all that tight winding around the spindle if you use it frequently. Not to mention the memory effect on the cable. It took me weeks to get a straight cable after first unpacking the IE8 from their case.

I'm using a Shure or Future Sonics hard case for my IE8, way less hassle, way faster, and way less silly.

the case is just lame.... not even portable... and takes a while to put in

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #5,788 of 8,119
Cause they're not wrapped around anything but air when you put them inside a Shure case or similar. Thus no long-term strain on the material or memory effect, and the cable is allowed to expand/curl/etc the ways it wants without hindrance or edges getting in the way.

This isn't scientifically proven or anything - just my long-time experience with my IEM cables... and my girlfriend's, who wraps her IEMs around her MP3 player all the time, out of convenience.
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #5,790 of 8,119
Well I like it and have had no problems with the cable. Ironically, I now have custom tips,so cannot use it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back