Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #5,551 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD650 sound nothing like IE8 to me, they're as different as night and day to my ears. HFI-780 or DT770 sound like IE8 to me.

To me I got a midbass hump and bass on a higher level than mids and highs, with some recessed highs. The HFI-780 have forward mids and bright highs, with very strong bass that goes subterranean. The Darth Beyer V3 I had remind me of the IE8, and I didn't like those either.

Again, if I listened to the IE8 with the ALO Amphora the sound was fantastic and completely different from how it was on 90% of the other amps (opamp rolled iBasso, Vivid V1 or Icon Mobile having decent but lesser sound than AMphora). I could not enjoy the IE8 on any iPod and needed some kind of amp to act as an EQ to bring the mids and highs level with the bass.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #5,552 of 8,119
whats the best way to wear the IE8s? when I put the wire over my ear it doesn't feel secure and I have to push it inside my ears sometimes... and I am using the largest silicone tips already. Should I purchase the comply tips? or is there another way to wear the iems?

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #5,553 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the best way to wear the IE8s? when I put the wire over my ear it doesn't feel secure and I have to push it inside my ears sometimes... and I am using the largest silicone tips already. Should I purchase the comply tips? or is there another way to wear the iems?

Although I (still) do not own the IE8, I found a thread about wearing it upside down:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...on-fit-395691/

Might worth a try

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #5,556 of 8,119
If anyone here is selling their pair, let me know.

I really, really miss my IE8s
frown.gif

The sound was quiet unique, and I loved it so much.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #5,557 of 8,119
Hello again, Well I just tried my ie8 again, its a bit of a trick to get the sleeves on right but it went ok in the end. I notice that my left side is a lot harder and brighter then my right side. I also notice this if I just hold hte iem in fron tof my ear. I tried cleaning the iem but have no tool for it. If I remove the eartips and install new ones is this enough or can get earwax also into the housing itself? Its opening seems so small so that it seem sunlikely but I dont know.
This seems to be the only reason why my right ear is so soft an unenergetic.
Its rather annoying. I didnt get a cleaning tool with my ie8 when i bought it, can i clean it with anything else (if wax can indeed accumulate inside the housing).
Thanks,
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #5,558 of 8,119
Hello again, Well I just tried my ie8 again, its a bit of a trick to get the sleeves on right but it went ok in the end. I notice that my left side is a lot harder and brighter then my right side. I also notice this if I just hold hte iem in fron tof my ear. I tried cleaning the iem but have no tool for it. If I remove the eartips and install new ones is this enough or can get earwax also into the housing itself? Its opening seems so small so that it seem sunlikely but I dont know.
This seems to be the only reason why my right ear is so soft an unenergetic.
Its rather annoying. I didnt get a cleaning tool with my ie8 when i bought it, can i clean it with anything else (if wax can indeed accumulate inside the housing).
Thanks,
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #5,559 of 8,119
I've had the IE8s for a few days now. I'm using modded comply t-400s with them, which I find gives the best isolation, comfort, and sound quality out of all the tips that I own. I keep the bass tuned at the lowest setting, as I find it has just the right amount. I am blown away by the soundstage, the deep bass, and the clear, airy highs. I also own the IE7s, and the IE8s have a much deeper bass and clearer highs that are more in your face. However, the IE8s are fatiguing after a while, while I could listen to the IE7's for hours. But I am blown away with the IE8s! Gotta burn them in for a few more hours. It can only get better from here.
dt880smile.png

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #5,560 of 8,119
I just got the IE8's as well. I wish they had more isolation, as I am debating between them and the shure 530's (I bought both). Could you tell me how those t-400 comply's fit? I was under the impression getting them off basically breaks off the pipe. If I could get a tip on it like the 530, I would be set

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #5,561 of 8,119
A little bit off of current topic. I just wanted to say that after about 4-5 days of wearing the Pfe ear guides with my Ie8 I am thrilled with the results. It feels much more secure in my ear and almost gives the illusion that the stalk is longer like se530. To explain..I mean that the silicon tip stays further in my ear where I always place it upon insertion and it doesn't work it's way outward. I've since even tried the Senn ear loops that they came with and those are not half bad either except for the bulkiness. Granted the Ie8 doesn't look as "cool" maybe with the ear guides but I am loving the added security in fit. Anyone feeling like fit is not quite right...just try the Senn ones maybe and if they help...you could get the pfe ones for $8 shipped. The pfe ones come with about 4pr for the price.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #5,562 of 8,119
comply t-400's fit on the ie8 regularly, but you just have to be careful and not use so much force. When I put them on, I just sort've slide it in carefully. However, if you use the t-400's without modding them, you might find that the highs will sound a bit muffled. You need to make sure that the foam does not get in the way of the plastic tubing, because foam absorbs high frequencies. So what I did was remove the plastic tubing, and stick it in the front end of the comply tips. Then, when putting on the comply tips, I would compress the foam at the back end, and pull the plastic tubing onto the IE8s.

Or you can just wear the comply tips backwards by compressing the front end and putting the plastic sleeve on backwards. It's up to you, but they definitely help with isolation problems tenfold if you get them on correctly.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #5,563 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little bit off of current topic. I just wanted to say that after about 4-5 days of wearing the Pfe ear guides with my Ie8 I am thrilled with the results. It feels much more secure in my ear and almost gives the illusion that the stalk is longer like se530. To explain..I mean that the silicon tip stays further in my ear where I always place it upon insertion and it doesn't work it's way outward. I've since even tried the Senn ear loops that they came with and those are not half bad either except for the bulkiness. Granted the Ie8 doesn't look as "cool" maybe with the ear guides but I am loving the added security in fit. Anyone feeling like fit is not quite right...just try the Senn ones maybe and if they help...you could get the pfe ones for $8 shipped. The pfe ones come with about 4pr for the price.

Glad to hear the investment paid off.
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #5,564 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisssssssss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the IE8s for a few days now. I'm using modded comply t-400s with them, which I find gives the best isolation, comfort, and sound quality out of all the tips that I own. I keep the bass tuned at the lowest setting, as I find it has just the right amount. I am blown away by the soundstage, the deep bass, and the clear, airy highs. I also own the IE7s, and the IE8s have a much deeper bass and clearer highs that are more in your face. However, the IE8s are fatiguing after a while, while I could listen to the IE7's for hours. But I am blown away with the IE8s! Gotta burn them in for a few more hours. It can only get better from here.
dt880smile.png

I reckon that the bass control does not increase the bass. Just extends it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back