Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #5,296 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pairing an IE8 with a FiiO is like eating lobster with ketchup...
wink.gif

LMAO. Yes the fiio was a bit of an impulse buy. Hopefully it synergizes better with some of my other phones then.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #5,297 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The nurforce icon mobile is supposed to have decent synergy with IE8 for the cheap end of port amps.

Yes, the Nuforce will control the bass a bit, and fill in the recessed mids and highs. The Vivid V1 would be a little better, and neither is a bass-lite amp, they're just more forward and brighter with good bass control. I've posted here before about these. The best amp for the IE8 (for me) has been the ALO Amphora, but I traded my IE8 for another W3 after I lost mine.

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #5,298 of 8,119
LOL, great new quote Larry.

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #5,299 of 8,119
how about the upcoming fiio E7, im thinking of getting that. hope it sounds good with the IE8. the E5, i read, makes the sound worse though.

how about the ibasso T3 guys? no one's ever tried that with the IE8s yet?

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #5,300 of 8,119
From what I gather here, some people hear a difference (improvement?) with an amp, others don't. The E5 is entry level, so there will be less improvement compared with higher end amps. The E7 is supposed to improve on the E5, but by how much?

Is the E5 an improvement? For me compared to the Fuze HPO with the IE8, yes. But only via LOD. The IE8 sounds better from my sound card and from the AMP3 than the Fuze LOD -> E5. So, the E5 does offer an improvement IMO with the IE8, but not a large improvement.

Plus I think the E5 needs 500+ hours of operating time to go from little to no improvement to a decent improvement.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #5,301 of 8,119
I guess I'll just try out the IE8s without an amp first. But looking at some portable rig pictures definitely makes me drool on those amps! Lol.

I have an E5 so I'll use that first with the IE8s and touch to see if there's an audible difference. But then I don't have an LOD. Is that important or can I use the headphone out of the touch to the E5s?

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #5,302 of 8,119
From my experience pairing the IE8 with E5 is simply useless. The sound gets even darker. I recommend a neutral amp, so the weaknesses (Highs, detail) are improved. The E5 is a just cheap person
wink_face.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #5,303 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrnoex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my experience pairing the IE8 with E5 is simply useless. The sound gets even darker. I recommend a neutral amp, so the weaknesses (Highs, detail) are improved. The E5 is a just cheap person
wink_face.gif

Yeah I guess so. I initially got an E5 for another pair of cheap IEMs I have. You mentioned a neutral amp or high/detailed amp. Any recommendations?

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #5,305 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by as1klh0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try it with iQube or iBasso D10 with AD8599 LR/AD8656 buffers

Whoa!
I've heard of the iBasso but not the iQube. And what about those AD8599LR/AD8656 buffers? I don't have a clue about those. Any help will be good.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #5,307 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard that the Nuforce Mobile works well with the IE8s, since it is more of a detailed/brighter amp. Am I right?
normal_smile .gif

Having both, I would agree. The Nuforce Mobile is IMO, a bright amp. With other headphones and IEMs, I found it almost too bright. However with the IE8s, the bright-shifted imbalance makes the sound just right.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #5,308 of 8,119
Quote:

I heard that the Nuforce Mobile works well with the IE8s, since it is more of a detailed/brighter amp. Am I right?
normal_smile .gif

Look, I know you are new here, but if you had bothered to even look at the posts (and anwers) from the last 24 hours you would not have to ask the same questions that people keep posting on a regular basis: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6210625-post5294.html

Sorry to be so irritable, but seriously...

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #5,309 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look, I know you are new here, but if you had bothered to even look at the posts (and anwers) from the last 24 hours you would not have to ask the same questions that people keep posting on a regular basis: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6210625-post5294.html

Sorry to be so irritable, but seriously...

Whoops! Sorry my bad. Didn't read your previous post regarding the Nuforce amp.
redface.gif

But reading your post you mentioned other amps. Oooo, gotta check those out! Thanks anyway.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #5,310 of 8,119
Quote:

Whoops! Sorry my bad. Didn't read your previous post regarding the Nuforce amp.
redface.gif

But reading your post you mentioned other amps. Oooo, gotta check those out! Thanks anyway.

Alrighty then - welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back