Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #3,858 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondu999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the iBasso D10 work better with the IE8s, or does the all-venerable iQube do better?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/i...ml#post5637433

The D10 with some opamps inside swapped to others excels with the IE8, but with the stock opamps is a little bassy and darker than I like. HiFlight and I have found some excellent choices in the post above and in some other posts in that thread over the past 4-6 weeks. I think he said the AD8599/AD8656 opamp combo in the D10 is an iQube killer.

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #3,859 of 8,119
Sigh. This is not good. Looks like I have a problem with mine. I'm not sure what happened. I wasn't using them for a few hours, put them on and started playing music and said hmm this sounds...really weird. The sound seems significantly lower and unbalanced now. I've tried different IEMS and sources to confirm. My normal listening volume seems pretty quiet now and I wasn't just at a heavy metal concert or anything. They were in my room with me the whole time so it's not like anyone else used them. The soundstage is really skewed and it sounds like the vocals are only coming in properly on one side.. ugh what a bummer.

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #3,861 of 8,119
I just sent Sennheiser an inquiry. Hopefully they'll respond tomorrow morning. My PFE's will hold me over until then, but they just don't have the body and smoothness I love =p.

I'm wondering how something like that can just happen. Drivers just randomly go bad sometimes?

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #3,867 of 8,119
Hi everyone!
Just received my IE8's from the stock and already curious - how do i change the cable on them (as i'm planning to order some spares for them)? Do i need to apply some serious effort? Coz don't wanna break them...
Thanks in advance for such a question!

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #3,868 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by ench_gil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone!
Just received my IE8's from the stock and already curious - how do i change the cable on them (as i'm planning to order some spares for them)? Do i need to apply some serious effort? Coz don't wanna break them...
Thanks in advance for such a question!

Just pull them apart. First time round they are quite stiff.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #3,869 of 8,119
Okay, thanks for the tip!
beerchug.gif

BTW, can you name some good markets/shops in London where possibly the spare cables can be found? For the case if i couldn't find them here in Russia i would ask some friends in London.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back