Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #6,572 of 8,119
Hey
i am wondering of a said coupon for the ie8 on razordogdeals.com

any one have more info on that?

also, is the same razordogdeals from eBay the same seller as the website?
i feel like i have better chances to rebate the price down on eBay then shooting them an email on the CS support since they did not answered me when i asked that question above.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #6,573 of 8,119
Hi i bought my ie8 from advancedmp3player. I think they should be real. Can anyone confirm this?

What am i suppose to hear and to differentiate it from those cheap earphones?
I feel that the drums are slightly better and the singer's voice doesn't seem as forward like more in the background.

sorry i don't really know how to describe it as it's the first time I invested this much into earphones.

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #6,574 of 8,119
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/457420/warning-fake-ie8s-comparison-pictures-included

Hope that helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, these phones are going for 135 pounds in UK but I am unable to find one close to even $300 from any good sellers here. This is not right. Hope Sennheiser releases IE10 and musicians friend comes up with another mega clearance sale putting them off for $180 - $200.
Well I can dream
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Hi i bought my ie8 from advancedmp3player. I think they should be real. Can anyone confirm this?

I feel that the drums are slightly better and the singer's voice doesn't seem as forward like more in the background.

sorry i don't really know how to describe it as it's the first time I invested this much into earphones.

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #6,575 of 8,119
Hmmm !!!!!!!!!!! that is very worrying.  Im going to phone them today and ensure that they post my Ie8 's in a sealed package. Headphones on their own are very dodgy i think.  They could be used or even fake.  I cant think Play.com would send out fake goods but when you pay £100 + for something, you expect pristine quality.  I seriously hope this is a mistake and that they do have the headphones in a sealed box.

Quote:
Exactly the same situation for me with the IE7s I got from them today - just headphones, case and one pair of tips fitted.  Not happy at all.

Very strange.  I wonder what Play are, erm, playing at by selling something so obviously not  matching the product description on their site.

I wonder what they will replace them with? 

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #6,577 of 8,119
Its not the outside box that bothers me, its the complete lack of accessories bar one set of fitted tips. I'm not alone either - others are reporting their IE7s are arriving in exactly same way too.  Looks like they may be refurbs rather than fakes, but its still completely disingenuous of Play to say that all accessories are included on their site and make no reference to how they will ship. 

Quote:
Hmmm !!!!!!!!!!! that is very worrying.  Im going to phone them today and ensure that they post my Ie8 's in a sealed package. Headphones on their own are very dodgy i think.  They could be used or even fake.  I cant think Play.com would send out fake goods but when you pay £100 + for something, you expect pristine quality.  I seriously hope this is a mistake and that they do have the headphones in a sealed box.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #6,578 of 8,119
I guess you are right about the box thing.  I'm just paranoid about them being fake.  I have spent months and months trying to decide what headphones to get.  I even bought some Dre beats Tours of Play ( May I add that they were boxed and sealed) but sent them back because they were rubbish.  I just want this headphone saga to come to an end !!!!!!!!!

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #6,579 of 8,119
I wouldn't say you're paranoid at all - more justified, given Senns are the most faked headphones in the world.  Did you get hold of Play to confirm how they'll be sent and what guarantees they can give that they're genuine?

Quote:
I guess you are right about the box thing.  I'm just paranoid about them being fake.  I have spent months and months trying to decide what headphones to get.  I even bought some Dre beats Tours of Play ( May I add that they were boxed and sealed) but sent them back because they were rubbish.  I just want this headphone saga to come to an end !!!!!!!!!

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #6,580 of 8,119

Quote:

ok i just went to confirm with the sennheiser service centre that mine is genuine.

can anyone describle in layman's term the sound i sound be hearing?

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #6,581 of 8,119

Quote:
I wouldn't say you're paranoid at all - more justified, given Senns are the most faked headphones in the world.  Did you get hold of Play to confirm how they'll be sent and what guarantees they can give that they're genuine?

Spoke to play.com and the woman who I spoke to could not give me any guarantees that my replacement will come boxed etc.  I felt there was a slight language barrier as she didnt seem to understand my frustrations.  All she kept doing was regurgitating the same script along with "I am appologising for this" but no promise of a better service.  They havent yet received my returns yet which I posted on Fri via special delivery.  Does post run on a Sat because if it does then Play shd have received my package.  Oh well I will just have to wait and see i guess.  And if they do send the replacement ie8 in the same state as the other ones, i am going to have to seriously consider whether to send them back or not as I really want them but am not willing to pay any more money.  What are you going to do Bennyboy??

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #6,582 of 8,119

Quote:
They havent yet received my returns yet which I posted on Fri via special delivery.  Does post run on a Sat because if it does then Play shd have received my package. 

Special Delivery is Mon-Fri unless you request a Saturday delivery, which is extra. You can track it yourself anyway. Just go to Royal Mail (Track and Trace) and put in your number. It will be on your receipt and should end in GB.

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?catId=500185

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #6,583 of 8,119
Thx for the info soozieq!! Thats ok then, Play should have them soon.  

Quote:
Special Delivery is Mon-Fri unless you request a Saturday delivery, which is extra. You can track it yourself anyway. Just go to Royal Mail (Track and Trace) and put in your number. It will be on your receipt and should end in GB.

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?catId=500185

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #6,584 of 8,119
Well, given they are unlikely to offer a complete package in return, only a refund I reckon, I think I may hold on to the IE7s.  I won't be able to get them cheaper elsewhere, and they're not fakes as far as I can tell, so I can live without the accessories ultimately. I have plenty tips in my stash I can use on them, so all is not lost.  But it does smell a bit rank all round, I agree.

Quote:
  Oh well I will just have to wait and see i guess.  And if they do send the replacement ie8 in the same state as the other ones, i am going to have to seriously consider whether to send them back or not as I really want them but am not willing to pay any more money.  What are you going to do Bennyboy??

Sep 29, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #6,585 of 8,119
The Sennheiser IE8i looks very tempting... My current setup is iPhone--IE8 w/ RE0 small biflanges--iBasso T3 and i have to say these IEMs are a dream come true. Its like the IE8 was meant for Trance music...im floating on clouds, walking across the atlantic---completely lost in the music. I have never felt so many shivers, chills, tingles, and hair-lifting goosebumps before with any other IEM. Emotional/Musical Bliss...
-- Can anyone comment on SM3 with trance?
--When are the Jays X-Jays being released?
--And can someone compare JH16 pro Soundstage and Bass with IE8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back