Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #6,556 of 8,119
Thanks, but specs would be better (cm, inches) cos I cant justify £15 on something only slightly smaller. I somehow almost like the kinks the provided case leaves in the cable.

On crackling, nickel isn't the best conductor so you get some until the electrons flow - a few spins of the jack will fix this

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #6,557 of 8,119
today =) 23.09.2010 my IE8 cable become spoiled =) 

I'm happy that i have extra one. Previous served me year and a half.

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #6,559 of 8,119
because sound is becoming much quieter when moving plug. The cable itself is in great condition.

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #6,562 of 8,119
I own a pair too! love em. But this long wait for them to fully burn in is driving me nuts. At least they've been burned in for 150-160 hours now and sound pretty good.... But I expect them to sound much better than they do right now...seeing as they cost as much as my SE530s but don't quite sound as good.

I know they have great potential. Just gotta BURN BURN BURN! only 250 hours to go! yay!

Sep 24, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #6,563 of 8,119

Been lurking around a while and finally I bought this baby. This are the new ones (IE 8i) w mic and volume for iPhone 4. For the price they should make a better remote in terms of quality, plastic fantastic. When pressing the buttons you cant really register the click, need to press hard. Original iPhone remote feels much better.

Wow uh-mazing. Ie8 is going to be my next IEM purchase right after I demoed it and now there's a mic version? Perfect just in time for my iPhone 4
biggrin.gif
! Now I will have to scout for a cheaper price on these, anyone know where I could get these for around $250ish? What is the retail price on this though?

Sep 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #6,564 of 8,119
Gutted and not happy !!! I received my IE8's that I bought from play.com and they came without packaging, ear tips, hooks, wax cleaner/bass adjuster.  Just headphones and case.  Now I will have to wait another week for replacements.  Not good at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 24, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #6,565 of 8,119
I think i'm about to join the club  YAY!
but before i do could anyone take a picture of them in there ear with small tips in as i'm pretty sure this is what i will use. And could you have them with the wire hanging down. Can't stand wearing iem's over the ear, if i wanted over to wear them over the ear i'd get some over the ear ones. So hanging down with small tips, well i guess if you have big ear canals this would be stupid... just tips that suit you but the lowest profile you can get without them sounding any wourse. Just need to see how low profile they are.
Sorry, kinda woffled there xD
Thanks in advance.

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #6,566 of 8,119

Quote:
Can't stand wearing iem's over the ear, if i wanted over to wear them over the ear i'd get some over the ear ones.

Having the cables over the ear reduces cable noise tremendously and improves fit. If you really want to wear them with the cables hanging down you can swap the left and right buds, even if it's silly.

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #6,570 of 8,119

Exactly the same situation for me with the IE7s I got from them today - just headphones, case and one pair of tips fitted.  Not happy at all.

Very strange.  I wonder what Play are, erm, playing at by selling something so obviously not  matching the product description on their site.

I wonder what they will replace them with? 

Quote:
Gutted and not happy !!! I received my IE8's that I bought from play.com and they came without packaging, ear tips, hooks, wax cleaner/bass adjuster.  Just headphones and case.  Now I will have to wait another week for replacements.  Not good at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back