Sennheiser IE 80 S impression thread
Jan 13, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #76 of 113
Feb 1, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #81 of 113
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #82 of 113
How comfortable are them? I like to fall asleep listening to music. How do they match with the pillow? Too bulky? Sorry about the weird question.

I used to sleep wearing the original IE8 most nights, it was comfortable enough for me. It would all depend on the shape and size of your ears.

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #83 of 113
Mar 12, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #84 of 113
My IE80s is pretty source picky.

I owned the original IE80 and I was pretty happy with it, before I blew it up with my Chord Mojo which by accident I put into line out mode !! but that is another sorry.
I used my old IE80 with the manual bass setting to minimum and I was happy. Good bass was there, mids sounded good and highs were present. It sounded good with the mojo and my iPhone 6 Plus.
I was using Silver Poison OCC Cryo Silver from Toxic Cables.

Now I have IE80s and I would say that I have used them from 60-100 hours.
DAC/Amp: iPhone 6 Plus and Chord Mojo.

iPhone 6 Plus: The bass is a little overwhelming on minimum settings, maybe a little bit muddy. Mids are slightly boomy and highs are lower then I would like.

Chord Mojo. A little less bass but its cleaner. Mids are not as boomy and the highs shine through a little bit more. The soundstage is wide then with the iPhone.

Are these results I can expect, should the IE80s not sound fine straight out of the iPhone?

This small issue is actually a little frustrating for me because the connection between the mojo and the iPhone is pretty unreliable.
The music sometimes stops and I think its because of connection issues between the mojo and the iPhone (CCK + micro usb adapters)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #85 of 113
My IE80s is pretty source picky.

I owned the original IE80 and I was pretty happy with it, before I blew it up with my Chord Mojo which by accident I put into line out mode !! but that is another sorry.
I used my old IE80 with the manual bass setting to minimum and I was happy. Good bass was there, mids sounded good and highs were present. It sounded good with the mojo and my iPhone 6 Plus.
I was using Silver Poison OCC Cryo Silver from Toxic Cables.

Now I have IE80s and I would say that I have used them from 60-100 hours.
DAC/Amp: iPhone 6 Plus and Chord Mojo.

iPhone 6 Plus: The bass is a little overwhelming on minimum settings, maybe a little bit muddy. Mids are slightly boomy and highs are lower then I would like.

Chord Mojo. A little less bass but its cleaner. Mids are not as boomy and the highs shine through a little bit more. The soundstage is wide then with the iPhone.

Are these results I can expect, should the IE80s not sound fine straight out of the iPhone?

This small issue is actually a little frustrating for me because the connection between the mojo and the iPhone is pretty unreliable.
The music sometimes stops and I think its because of connection issues between the mojo and the iPhone (CCK + micro usb adapters)

I agree. IE80s a fun earphone, not a resolving IEM, and in most cases it doesn't have to

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #86 of 113
For those who has both ie80s and ie8x, are the cables interchangeable?

I was in process of buying a replacement cable for ie80, but i do like the colour codedness of the ie80s cable.

Thanks

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #88 of 113
For those who has both ie80s and ie8x, are the cables interchangeable?

I was in process of buying a replacement cable for ie80, but i do like the colour codedness of the ie80s cable.

Thanks
Yes, the IE 80 S replacement cables will connect to the IE 80. They use the same connector.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 31, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #89 of 113
May 5, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #90 of 113
For anybody interested, here is IE80S review by @EagleWings with a comparison to IE80.

Great pictures Vishnu!

senns_ie80s-x05-close.jpg senns_ie80s-x07-ie80.jpg senns_ie80s-x08-Jean.jpg senns_ie80s-x11-red.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back